pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Does a team with 2 losses make it to BCS?

Or should they cancel the season because most teams suck?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

No, it will still be LSU/Oklahoma, as both will win out and end up with one loss.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

You think Kansas will get screwed if they run the table and go undefeated? I mean they are in the Big 12 and not no WAC or MWC.

cartay
    cartay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Or should they cancel the season because most teams suck?
    LOL - that wouldn't be a bad idea -

LT Profits

Well, Kansas won't be undefeated when Oklahoma runs the table.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by cartay View Post
    LOL - that wouldn't be a bad idea -
    I can't remember a season that college football teams that are BCS wannabees were so mediocre. Any top 25 team has a chance to become a national champion if they were given the chance to play at the championship game.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 11-10-07 at 10:31 PM.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Oregon/LSU

LT Profits

If Oklahoma wins out, which I think they will, their strength of schedule should be enough to leapfrog Oregon. LSU will win the whole thing regardless.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma's strength of schedule?

Oregon's wins over Mich, USC, and ASU should count for something...

LT Profits

Yes but Big 12 is better than Pac 10, and Oklahoma will probably face Kansas in Big 12 Championship, which is also a boost.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

That may or may not be true, but I think that most would argue the Pac-10 is the 2nd best conference in the nation over the Big 12.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

come on now okie fan , who have u managed to squash this year? you've had 2 quality opponents - you beat texas and u beat missouri. you managed to lose to colorado and u scored a whopping 17 on iowa state. oregon hasnt gone under 24 this year. your win over miami doesn't look so good now that they just got whipped by virginia. the rest of your schedule was piss ass poor! utah state, baylor, north texas, tulsa and tex a & m, oregon put a whooping on michigan in michigan, i think i heard that was the worst home loss in michigan history? oregon also beat u.s.c. remember who they are? at this point of the season even kansas looks more deserving than oklahoma.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The reason I opened up this topic is if Georgia beats LSU in the SEC championship game, if Tennessee loses one of their games, will they leapfrog LSU in the points? I think an LSU - Georgia final game, which is impossible to ever happen, is a better game to watch than any game with Oregon, Oklahoma, Kansas, or Ohio State in the final.

marke4
    marke4's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU without questions has to be in if they don't lose again. And Kansas is they beat Missouri and win the BIG 12 champ. Anyother combo would be a disgrace to the BCS system.

cartay
    cartay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Would like to see new blood in there --- namely Kansas vs. Oregon

Looks like CBB is shaping up to be the same way - already a handful of upsets of top teams - WTF?

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    That may or may not be true, but I think that most would argue the Pac-10 is the 2nd best conference in the nation over the Big 12.
    SEC has 10 teams that are bowl eligible. Top to bottom, that is the best conference hands down. There are no off weeks.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    SEC has 10 teams that are bowl eligible. Top to bottom, that is the best conference hands down. There are no off weeks.
    A conference's strength is not measured by how high its teams are in the BCS standings but by how many players get drafted in the NFL.

If a playoff system existed the SEC would have 2 to 3 teams each year in the final four.

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Oregon and LSU win out, look for them to make BCS. Oklahoma has lost its chance thanks to mere average performance in the last few games.

LT Profits

When all is said and done, isn't the ultimate goal to have the two best teams playing in this game? Right now, Oklahoma would be favored over EVERY other team in the country on a neutral field except LSU, so shouldn't that count for something? Oregon is the third best team right now, and Oklahoma would be about -2.5 against the Ducks on neutral ground. Thus, Sooners would get my vote for #2 if both they and Oregon win out.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I still believe it's possible. However, West Virginia's stock is going up since they don't play in divisional championship. If LSU loses another game, if they play Georgia in SEC champioship, Missouri beats Kansas and Oklahoma beats Missouri you may have Ohio State - West Virginia BCS final which will really suck.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Don't even think about that national championship that would be rough pavyracer. That would be painful to watch that one without a doubt.

buzzsawl
    buzzsawl's Avatar Become A Pro!

no 2 loss teams in champ game.