the_mad_capper
    the_mad_capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rising from the ashes, ThE MaD CaPpEr emerges, focused and ready!

Well ok....so Uncle Murdoch's exclusive inside information on the Rutgers game didn't quite pan out and my John Deere currently sits without the plasma tube I envisioned. Special teams meltdowns sabotaged the effort and had the Knights in chase mode all night. No matter, time to put that mess in the rear view mirror.
    There's another pot of gold to be had. I sought out Uncle Murdoch yesterday to get the good word on any upcoming ballgames. I made a surprise visit to his Vegas estate, dubbed the "the handicapping compound." After a couple of firm knocks on the hand-carved oak door, it swiftly swung open and I was enveloped by a dense cloud of smoke, ripe with the scent of smoldering hash. Once the fog lifted, I saw Uncle Murdy standing in the doorway wearing nothing but a pair of aviator shades and a tube sock over his member, a la The Red Hot Chili Peppers circa 1988. Now to the layman, this might represent the look of a man who's own sanity has packed its bags and hit the road, never to return. I, however, knew that this simply meant Uncle Murdoch was hard at work, carefully assimilating data like Willy Wonka with a new recipe. Sigmund Freud himself would be hard pressed to crack this nut when he's "in the zone." While his ways may be unorthodox, there is a method to this madness and it always yields results.
    Almost as if he immediately knew the purpose of my presence, he muttered a simple, succinct statement..."Fade the fat man." After a long rambling spiel, I too was convinced that indeed the time has arrived to fade the fat man. In short, Oklahoma St. +6 is money in the bank.
    Doing some timely scoutwork, Uncle Murdoch was in Lawrence for the Kansas-Nebraska game. The Fox Sports Network spotted him in the crowd, looking like a blue-clad Merlin on acid. There he was, feeling the vibes and working his mojo for the cameras. Anyone who viewed the regional telecast surely saw Uncle Murdy getting some serious face time.
    The big blue bus stops here folks. Undefeated SU and ATS, betting against rock chalk jayhawk may seem counterintuitive. But this is the spot to do it. It's now or never. And for all you trend enthusiasts, here's one I dug up. During his tenure at Okie St., Mike Gundy is 8-1 when facing a coach who's cholesterol level is higher than Tom Brady's completion percentage. Just repeat this mantra saturday night: Fade the fat man.
    Just in case you didn't think that was enough to satisfy your appetite for spreadwinners, I was able to glean additional picks from wise, old Uncle Murdy. So I unveil them all to you right here, right now. Christmas in November!
    Rutgers -19
    Wake Forest +9
    S. Florida -16.5
    Mississippi St. +4.5
    Florida St. +6.5
    USC -4

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Great story but you can tell uncle murdock that his pick is a little off this week again. 9 out of 10 people on this board think that this is the week that the hawks go down. i don't know what more the jayhawks can do to prove that they are the real deal. this may be the best team they have played so far, but it will not matter. i believe the expectations for the cowboys are very similar to mangino's cholesterol: too fvuckin high!!!!! Hawks 45 Cowboys 31

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Already on Wake, Miss St, USC, and OK St. Hopefully your uncle is right.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

usc

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Seriously dude, you should be making money writing short stories.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
    Great story but you can tell uncle murdock that his pick is a little off this week again. 9 out of 10 people on this board think that this is the week that the hawks go down. i don't know what more the jayhawks can do to prove that they are the real deal. this may be the best team they have played so far, but it will not matter. i believe the expectations for the cowboys are very similar to mangino's cholesterol: too fvuckin high!!!!! Hawks 45 Cowboys 31
    Had been waiting for your sermon Gambler......Amen!

morrow
    morrow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside View Post
    Had been waiting for your sermon Gambler......Amen!
    You had me at "Red Hot Chili Peppers 1988"

Morrow

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

I have a feeling that Kansas is going down this weekend.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I think you'll find that if you check out the Kansas @ Oklahoma St. thread there is quite a division on the forum about this game. It certainly is not 9 out of 10 for Kansas to go down...however I am on Ok. St...

These are great posts. I look forward to future Uncle Murdoch adventures. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Cougar Bait; 11-09-07 at 09:37 AM.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL.

Like the WF pick.

GL

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fade the Fat Man. That is the best slogan I have heard in a while. I too am all over oklahoma state to win outright. It is a conspiracy by the BCS because if Kansas goes undeafted there will be major problems and debates with who deserves to play for national championship. OKSTATE rolls and the Fat man goes down

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Quote Originally Posted by the_mad_capper View Post
    ... ..And for all you trend enthusiasts, here's one I dug up. During his tenure at Okie St., Mike Gundy is 8-1 when facing a coach who's cholesterol level is higher than Tom Brady's completion percentage. ...
    Not normally a fan of the many trends one sees that have no relation to the current teams/coaches/season, I must say that this one impresses me. I wish Gundy had played ND (Weis) and MD (Friedgen) in recent years so we would have more data on this promising trend. Keep this kind of good info coming.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Going with
    OK st+ 6.5
    USC-4

Keep em comin Uncle Murdy!

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

I thought the fat man was the Prick and Faded him. O well I should still win.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Florida State I have Virginia Tech -6.

I am a Florida State fan too.

Good luck.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Uncle murdock seems to be following the same path as Dr. Bob. I try to tell him to put the pipe down but he hasn't listened yet. Oh ya, i used this same score prediction in a contest to win KU/Mizzou tickets and some chick beat me by a point. I'm not even sure she knew what the hell a football is!!!

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

i actually faded uncle murdy on this one but still love the write ups. keep up the good work!

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Name:  bong-hits.gif
Views: 80
Size:  13.7 KB easy on the pipe..uncle murdy
    concentrate on picks
    Last edited by masr; 11-11-07 at 07:26 PM.