regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Air Force -2 at Notre Dame

I'm thinking about betting Air Force to cover the -2 on the road at Notre Dame.

Air Force has a good running attack, and I don't think Notre Dame is going to stop it. I think the odds are good that Air Force will dominate time of possession and field position. And win decisively on the scoreboard.

Neither defense is spectacular.

I am inclined to believe, though, that Air Force's vastly superior running attack is what sets Air Force apart from Notre Dame, and what might be the difference in this game -- a difference of more than 2 points.

As far as intangibles go, these are two teams on completely different rides. Air Force is having a good season (7-3 SU, 7-2 ATS), and is in contention (2nd behind BYU) in the Mountain West. We all know about Notre Dame's misery (1-8 SU, 3-6 ATS). They might just lose to two academies in a row.

Notre Dame might wake up, but I have seen no rational reason to bet on it happening. I'm thinking of putting a bet on Air Force to cover.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by regularguy; 11-08-07 at 01:28 AM.

Hawaiian time
    Hawaiian time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Air Force all the way baby!!!!! Air force will eat them up with the run.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Honestly if the line was -7 I would still lean Air Force here.

dudefrompa
    dudefrompa's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not much else to say. You guys covered it all. I will say this...............................AIR FORCE FALCONS.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd stay away from this one. just a hunch with nothing to back it up....

Air Force -2 *looks* nice. Whether that be good or bad for the Falcons.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Notre Dame has more talent, I would hate to take Air force and have ND finally get their act together.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Weis keeps making bonehead calls like going for every 4th down within field goal range, AF should do fine.

GL.

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Take AF and the points. ND blows

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

If Navy can beat Notre Dame I think Air Force will probably too. Air Force I think is a better team than Navy is.

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the falcons like a mexican at a taco stand..this matchup screams "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE" AF to cover. GL to you no matter ur play

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    If Navy can beat Notre Dame I think Air Force will probably too. Air Force I think is a better team than Navy is.
    This is true, but how much better is Air Force than Navy? That was a tight game last week and for a while Notre Dame looked like they had it.

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

What might Weis being saying to them?, "Guys that was a damn great effort in the triple overtime home loss"

Falcons 27 - ND 24

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Rollins08 View Post
    Notre Dame has more talent, I would hate to take Air force and have ND finally get their act together.

What act????? What you see is what you get, there is no second act for ND this year.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

How anybody can pick N. Dame in this is beyond me. This is the lowest point in the history of Notre Dame Football. They lost to a Navy team, at home, which allowed 59 pts. to DELAWARE the week before! Air Force wins BIG AFA 28-13

slake
    slake's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post

Navy still beat them this year. And why is the Delaware game overanalyized? You lose to a team 43 times in a row and you see them reeling this year - how do you not look ahead and play uninspired against a crap team at home? Navy was super motivated to beat the Irish but AF won't go in the same way. If anything ND has the mental edge here. They don't want to have to wait for Duke to get their first home win.

Irish pull this one out.