Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Wednesday Night: Ohio @ Akron

Okay, to everyone who is pissed because they pushed last night or to everyone who bet the under (not me thankfully) and got screwed royally let's get this one right. I'm on Ohio to put away Akron on the road for a couple reasons. Akron is 2-3 in Conference play and their season is pretty much over. The crowd won't be into it so I don't worry about the home field advantage. Akron has lost 3 in a row to Bowling Green, Buffalo, and Temple. Ohio has won 3 of their last 4 and averages almost 10 more points a game. Both defenses are bad, but Akron's is even worse giving up more than 30 points a game. The total is at 48.5 and I may make a small play on the over, but I will give the 3 and take Ohio.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Pro's specializing in college ball should of done well last night if they took the 3 and then appropriately added on when the line moved in their favors. -2.5 because and stayed available on the CM side for a decent amount of time, and then before game time +3.5 was available on WM. I actually right before kick off got +4.

Anways though.

I'm also on Ohio tonight. I got it at Cris yesterday who BTW was the only book offers -2.5 for the entire day yesterday.

Ohio is playing much better ball right now then Akron. I think both being on short rest strangely enough favors the road team here. Its only about a 3.5 hour trip and on 5 days rest I would rather be on the team who is playing well right now, then the one who is losing miserably is all down on themselves and needs to suit up for another game so soon.
    Akron really sucks offensively. Ohio the more balanced offense of the two and has a better chance of exploiting their opponents weaknesses here.
    With that said I'm very happy I got this at -2.5 at the getgo because I would hate to have it at -3 and be adding should the -2.5 later became available, like the pick, don't love it.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went to Ohio U so I'll be with you guys rooting for them. I'll definitely be watching the game so I may make a small play for OU. Akron isn't very good but looking at their schedule they've only played 3 game at home so far this season going 2-1 (against very weak teams)

After struggling early in the season the Bobcats have averaged 37 pts in their last 4 games. They are coming off a win at Temple where their defense shut down the Owls. Two weeks ago they had a huge win on the road against a good Bowling Green team. The key will no doubt be Kalvin McRae (OU's alltime leading rusher) and I expect him to run all over Akrons defense. Its going to be cold but no rain or snow is expected tonight in akron

UA doesn't have much going for them, their offense struggles both to pass and to run the ball. Their have one stellar reciever who accounts for more than half of their total passing yards and nearly have of their receptions. If OU's corners can shut him down they should be able to shut Akron down.

The X factor: Special teams. OU's kicker is a transfer from Washington where he was a successful starting kicker. He is one of the 20 finalists for the Lou Groza award. OU also has some explosive returners.

I'm going to be honest and say I have only seen Akron play twice this year and they seem to be better at home so if I play this one its going to be based on the fact that I'm an alumni and a homer.

GO BOBCATS

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Total is at 51 on Yahoo Sports.

Negataur
    Negataur's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, was considering Akron tonight. Like these home dogs in the MAC. WMU almost pulled it off (Had a teaser last night with WMU + 9 and UNDER 66. PHEW)

AKRON played horribly last Thursday and has had a week to prepare for this one. Seems to easy to take Ohio in this one. This one could be similar to last years low scoring game. OH won 17-7, in OHIO.

Akron has beaten OHIO last 4 times in AKRON. (3-1 ATS)
    The Zips have looked awful lately, but just when you think you've got a team figured out..........

Going to tease AKRON and the UNDER tonight.

GL to ALL.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

The favored team in this series has won the last two years by 10 last year and by 24 the year before. Akron is not good, and though Ohio is mediocre at best, I think they will have Akron's number tonight. I don't see the home field being much of an advantage. But...you never know in a MAC game! If anyone knows an offical who is working this game please let me know!

Here is a great post from bearmz that I thought needed to be brought up in this thread:

Ohio vs Akron notes:

The Akron Zips will play the final of three games in a 12-day span when they host the Ohio Bobcats Wednesday night at the Rubber Bowl. The Bobcats (5-5, 3-3 MAC) have clawed their way back into contention in the MAC East with back-to-back MAC East wins at Bowling Green and against Temple.

Redshirt sophomore quarterback Carlton Jackson got his second start of the season and played the entire game in place of starting quarterback redshirt sophomore Chris Jacquemain, who was suspended for one game by Akron head coach J.D. Brookhart.
    Jackson was effective at moving the team on the ground, but struggled throwing the ball. The Zips rushed for 243 yards and gained 192 yards through the air. The 6-2, 195-pound backup quarterback led the team in rushing yards with 133, but also fumbled once and threw two interceptions - the first of which was returned for a 51-yard touchdown.

After nine games, the play of sophomores Chris Jacquemain, the starter, and Carlton Jackson, the backup, remains inconsistent.
    Both players are talented, yet, that hasn't translated into offensive production (the Zips are last in the 13-team Mid-American Conference in total offense, averaging 309.1 yards a game) or wins (the Zips are 3-6 overall, 1-3 in the MAC and haven't put together back-to-back wins so far this season).

The Ohio 'Cats had a 23-7 win over the streaking Temple Owls to improve to .500. The Ohio defense, allowed just 209 total yards of offense. Temple was just three of 13 on third-down conversions, and the 'Cats did not allow the Owls to convert a single third-down attempt in the second half (0-6).
    Last edited by Cougar Bait; 11-07-07 at 11:21 AM.

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

I got Ohio -2.5

franckmtl
    franckmtl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im on the under 49,5 in this one
    gl all

justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think that the under is the play im kinda confused why it is heading the other way

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the over might squeak in. These are two teams that make mistakes and likely will give the opposition a short field to work with 1 or 2 times.

justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

starting to sound like stay away from the game

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

akron all day

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I'm taking Ohio -2.5

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!