Negataur
    Negataur's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by masr View Post
    UCONN RB Allen suspended indefinetly, any effect on uconn play?

GL this week
    This may have no great effect on the game. I don't think it is indefinite. I think just one game.
    Last edited by Negataur; 11-07-07 at 08:23 AM.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

heist,

too bad that we disagree on the Connecticut vs. Cincinnati game...BOL to you...

negataur,

thanks for your input...

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

bol to u this week pags!

mark wahlberg
    mark wahlberg's Avatar Become A Pro!

pags,

long time follower of your plays i notice you win a lot of your dogs that are +7 to +10 spreads have you noticed this trend of your selections to pags.

pags11

alexda,

thanks bud...GL to you as well...

mark,

thanks...yeah, I try to take dogs I think have a chance to win the game outright...

CrapsMyWay
    CrapsMyWay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

I like MSU.....Good Luck Everyone...

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Pags,
    Could you have envisioned a better scenario, setting up this week's game, than OSU squandering that huge lead by giving up 24 unanswered in the 4th to a clearly inferior Texas team, then Kansas hanging 76 against Nebraska? Me neither. If OSU wins that game, then we're looking at Kansas -3 or so. Instead, we're getting 5.5 (at the moment). A rare gift from the gambling gods.

Also, any thought on Texas Tech +6.5 @ Texas? Even an ardent UT fan like myself feels compelled to take Tech in this one if it creeps to 7. Even at 6.5, I like it under the same criteria you use: betting the dogs if you feel they can truly win outright. I truly think Tech wins outright in Austin this Saturday, as UT is either the most overrated or second most overrated team in the nation (right up there with Kansas).

pags11

I'll be busy watching the TCU game tomorrow, so here it is...

Hello Board,

Here are my plays for the week:

Wake Forest +9

Where’s the dang respect for this Wake Forest team? I understand that Clemson has played pretty well the last three weeks and that they are in the hunt for the ACC title. However, Jim Grobe’s team continues to play hard each week and have really shored up their defensive issues since the beginning of the year. Wake Forest is one of those teams you have to look beyond the box score when evaluating them. They have excellent special teams and find ways to set their offense and defense up in good spots throughout the game. P/K Sam Swank is as skilled at his positions as there is in the country. Wake also has one of the better kickoff return games in the country. I wouldn’t put it past them to block a punt or have a couple of big returns in this game. RB Josh Adams is their speed back and RB Micah Andrews gains their tough yards between the tackles. QB Riley Skinner is completing over 70% of his passes and has cut down dramatically on the amount of interceptions he was throwing at the beginning of the year (which was partly due to a shoulder injury). WR Kenny Moore is one of the more talented players at his position in the ACC (65 catches, 5 TD). Skinner also uses TE John Tereshinski (brother of QB Joe who played at UGA previously) frequently. Wake Forest will need to look to contain the talented due of running backs, James Davis and C.J. Spiller. While Clemson QB Cullen Harper has had a good season to this point, but I really feel Wake’s defense will present more of a challenge than La. Monroe, Furman, CMU, Duke and NCSU presented. I expect a tight game throughout and will ride with Wake Forest and the points here.

Maryland +6

Maryland is another team much like Wake Forest in that they never seem to blow anyone out, yet they don’t ever get blown out either. Maryland possesses two excellent running backs in Keon Lattimore and Lance Ball. Between the two of them they have combined for 20 touchdowns. QB Chris Turner has gained experience as the year has gone on and is very serviceable. They have 6 players with over 14 receptions for the season, led by stand out WR Darrius Heyward-Bey. Maryland will look to use play action passes to attack the B.C. defense in this one. They will also need to minimize their turnovers and look to play field position against a B.C. offense that has gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on. I’m hoping LB Erin Henderson will be healthy for this game, as he is a catalyst to their defense. If not, they still have a lot of guys who play hard on the defensive side of the ball each week, and also have an excellent scheme on defense (noted by head coach Ralph Freidgen’s reputation for having solid defensive teams). Boston College has some trouble getting their running game going the past month or so and I look for Maryland to do much of the same in Saturday’s game. QB Matt Ryan has put much of the offense on his shoulders the past few weeks and appears to be forcing some throws. I think it’s also important to note the fact that B.C. has been facing defenses more familiar with their offensive game plan. Look for a close game here and I’ll take Maryland and the points in this one.

Oklahoma St. +4

I know what you all are thinking, that I must be crazy for taking Oklahoma State again this week after they blew the game vs. Texas. I just can’t deny that this team is a dominant home team, is well coached, has a ton of playmakers and gets to face a Kansas team in a very good spot. QB Zac Robinson is coming off one his best performances of the season. I really like his presence in the pocket and the way he executes his play fakes. This is especially important in that Oklahoma State opens up their passing game through their running game. Robinson has a ton of weapons at his disposal. Watching last week’s game, I was especially impressed with tight end Brandon Pettigrew. He creates a lot of match-up problems for the defense in that he’s much bigger than any safety or defensive back, yet linebackers have trouble staying with him. It’s also very apparent after watching last week’s game that running back Dontrell Savage is now fully healthy again, which will be important in attacking the Kansas defense. WR Adarius Bowman has almost already surpassed 1000 yards receiving for the season and has scored 7 touchdowns. Look for OSU to throw some deep balls his way and attempt to make some big plays. What was strange about OSU’s game vs. Texas last week was, for three quarters their defense played reasonably well. It wasn’t until the fourth quarter that Texas did most of their damage. OSU will need to force QB Todd Reesing to check down and also try to contain talented RB Brandon McAnderson. I’ve also noticed that Kansas’s offensive output isn’t quite the same on the road either, that and the fact that Kansas has conveniently missed some of the top Big 12 teams so far in their schedule. It’ll be a wild ride, but I’m siding with Oklahoma State in this game.

Connecticut +4.5

Every week I hear that Connecticut just isn’t that good and every week it seems that they win and cover. This week they will be facing a talented Cincinnati team in what amounts to be a battle to be a part of the top of the Big East. Connecticut has played solid defense all season. The thing I am most impressed so far with their defense is their ability to stiffen when teams enter the red zone. Randy Edsal has always been a defensive minded coach, he just has better athletes than he’s ever had that have bought into his system. Offensively, I do feel running back Donald Brown is now fully health which will make for an excellent combination with fellow back mate Andre Dixon. QB Jered Lorenzen continues to quietly impress, making excellent decisions and being extremely mobile. WR Terence Jeffers leads team in receptions and is tied for the team lead in touchdowns with tight end Steve Brouse (who Lorenzen does an excellent job using). Look for Larry Taylor (the infamous fair catch guy vs. Louisville) to make some plays on special teams. I also really like kicker Tony Ciaravino in the clutch vs. a Cincinnati kicker who hasn’t even been decided upon yet this week. Something interesting to note in last week’s game between Cincinnati and South Florida was that even though Cincinnati forced 8 turnovers in the game, they still almost lost. Connecticut is also a team that not only does a good job forcing turnovers, but they are also very skilled at protecting the football. I don’t see them making as many mistakes as South Florida did last week, which is why I see this game being very hard fought game deep until the fourth quarter. I’ll take my chances with Connecticut and the points in this one.

Mississippi St. +4.5

Mississippi State has quietly had a pretty nice season so far. They’ve had impressive wins at Auburn and Kentucky and could become bowl eligible this week with a win over Alabama. Sylvestor Croom’s team has had a week off to prepare for this game and I expect them to have a solid game plan in this one. When Croom was first hired, I anticipated him being able to get MSU to a bowl game within three to four years. I anticipate him having his team extremely motivated for this game, and also to expect the home crowd to be fired up. The MSU offensive focuses around potential all SEC candidate Anthony Dixon. Dixon has a nose for the end zone, scoring 12 touchdowns so far this season. Freshman quarterback Wesley Carroll has emerged as an efficient leader of the MSU offense. WR Tony Burks is the playmaker of the receiving corp. Defensively, MSU will attempt to contain Alabama running back Terry Grant (as it appears Glenn Coffee will still be suspended for this game). If MSU can stifle the Alabama running game, it will put even more pressure on quarterback John Parker Wilson, who completed only 36% of his passes last week against LSU. MSU will have to know where Alabama WR D.J. Hall on the field, as he has big play capability. MSU will attempt to grind this game out, SEC style, while attempting to keep it close until the end. It’s Mississippi State and the points for me here.

Good luck to all.

pags11

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags, you know I'm with you. I have Maryland and Connecticut at +6.5 so I bought the half point for each to get +7.

Good luck man, and as always thanks for posting your plays.

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL you the man. Thanks for the plays and writeup

puttn4par
    puttn4par's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags I like alot of your picks, but i just think BYU gets the job done thursday.. I think they win by 14.. I just don't know what TCU team is going to show up. Keep on posting I respect your hard work.....
    Last edited by puttn4par; 11-08-07 at 01:13 AM. Reason: SPELLING

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Great write ups per usual pags, I'm off to a 0-1-1 start to the week, so I'm taking TCU tonight and hope to turn those numbers around this weekend. By the way, I've noticed your numbers are getting better and better with each passing day (Maryland +6.5, UConn +6.5, and Wake at +9). Things are shaping up nicely. GL this week.

dudefrompa
    dudefrompa's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL, pags. I am with you on Wake (for sure) Miss. St. also seems to be a winner. You are the man with the golden plan.No seriously. Good Luck!!!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by puttn4par View Post
    Pags I like alot of your picks, but i just think BYU gets the job done thursday.. I think they win by 14.. I just don't know what TCU team is going to show up. Keep on posting I respect your hard work.....
    With you on BYU!!

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

GL this week Coach.. Exellent write up's once again.. Lets win some money this week..

DrLuck
    DrLuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

are you getting geared up for college hoops pags? Funny shit already going on

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel strong enough on UCONN to take the ML. What do you think?

pags11

baba,

I don't have a real opinion on Texas Tech vs. Texas at the current line, but did think the initial line of 3 was a bit low...GL to you...

shrax,

congrats on getting some excellent numbers...BOL to you this week...

pats,

appreciate it man...GL...

puttn4par,

sorry to hear that we disagree in the BYU vs. TCU game...GL...

bet the house,

keep truckin' my friend...thanks and GL...

dude,

much appreciated...GL to you as well...

odu,

thanks pal...BOL to you...

drluck,

yeah, I will make my first college hoop play this Sunday (although I bet college hoops for significantly less than I do college football)...I've watched Memphis play twice now, Kentucky play twice as well and Connecticut play once...just watching these teams for now until Sunday...

dante,

so very true...thanks for stopping by friend...GL to you this week...
    Last edited by pags11; 11-08-07 at 01:12 PM.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags = The Man

to a great week ahead friend.

bmac

" understand I don't have favorite teams...just teams that I feel will cash tickets for me as the bottom line is what matters for me...GL but expect a terrific effort from OSU this week..." -Pags

Well said
    Last edited by bmac; 11-08-07 at 01:24 PM.

slake
    slake's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wake and Maryland? Both will lose in double digits. Clemson and BC are too much for them.

pags11

bmac,

thank you sir...

slake,

thanks for stopping in...sorry to hear we disagree on those two games...

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14577

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    With you on BYU!!
    I'm with you pags11; I think TCU covers tonight.

Gator
    Gator's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice Picks

Pags,
    I feel like I owe u.I have been playing most of your pics and have been cleaning up with my book.Any other good ones for this weekend.Thanks

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the plays Pags(Gonna lock KU/Cowboys game by staying away though lol) and really like how you present your finds. Is it me or is there simply something about the Huskies that is magnetic. Since week 2 I have followed them closely(largely cause a close homie who was an old roommate of mine is from there) and every week I told him "You need to keep your eye on these guys, their tough". I have them at +6.5 so lets bring home the bacon. Thanks again and keep it up bro, great stuff

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice finish to TCU, chief.

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

nice start this week too bad i was against u on tcu

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Nice way to start the weekend Pags. Looking forward to Saturday.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Pags,
    I speciallize in SEC play and have been very successful in that conference over the years. I think you are dead on with Mississippi State. If it makes you feel any better, I've hit over 80% this year in the SEC and State is one of my plays this week. Too bad my picks in the rest of Collge football hasn't exactly been as successful. Good luck this week.

Lock-ness monsta
    Lock-ness monsta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags,

Nice call on TCU. Keep em' coming.

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

T C U
    It was nice to wake up this morning, check the scores, and see that by following you and img i went 2-0 last night.
    Feels great.
    Did any of these almost make it to your list of Plays??
    No Carolina
    Virginia
    Florida St
    So Carolina
    Rice
    Tulane
    Michigan St
    Northwestern
    Keep up the great work, and best of luck.

bmac

ok st. no joke

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I heard pags picks are well known all over, even in the penitentiary..

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I heard pags picks are well known all over, even in the penitentiary..
    IMGV,
    Is that a good thing? Being known in the penitentiary, I mean?

pags11

checkboard,

thanks man...glad we cashed that one...

gator,

you don't owe me a thing bro...just keep me in mind for a referral bonus or two at bookmaker, betjamaica or legendz someday...GL to you...

trader,

thanks for your thoughts...good to hear we are on Connecticut together...BOL to you...

baba,

thanks, that was a close one...I'll take it though...

alexdra,

sorry to hear that bud...GL the rest of the weekend...

seer,

thanks for your thoughts on the SEC...yeah, I like this spot for MSU as well, hopefully they will come to play tomorrow...GL...

lock-ness,

much appreciated...GL...

taurus,

thanks regarding TCU...no strong opinions on any of those games, sorry my friend...GL...

bmac,

I agree...GL...

imgv,

thanks man...it's good to share picks with people all over, locked up or not...GL bro...

First 123 Last