Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Why is there no LSU is Overrated Talk? There should be!

I'm so sick of hearing how Ohio State is so overrated! Granted the Big Ten sucks but all these so called experts think LSU should be #1 or #2 in the country? They lost to Kentucky, squeaked by Florida, and were 1 second from a loss to Auburn at home! Played a terrible half against a horrible Tulane team and just blew a 17-3 lead in the first half against Alabama! Doesn't sound like a dominant team to me? Plus Les Miles is worth a TD to the other team before the kickoff! I wish BC would lose and LSU would squeak out the rest of their games so the Buckeyes could get some SEC payback!

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Looks like they pulled one out of their ass tonight.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

who's better????

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

BC is overrated

OSU would crush BC

but so would LSU and Oregon

i kinda hope BC goes undefeated cause that would be an easy championship for OSU

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

oklahoma would crush them all

bbyhill

no one gives them the respect they deserve(ou)

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

You are right, LSU was supposed to have an awesome defense, but in the last 4 gmes they've given up 28 to florida, 43 to kentucky, 24 to auburn, and 34 to alabama,
    vastly overrated team.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

Kansas???? do they get in at 13-0 over 12-1 LSU or 11-1 Oregon? Here's what I like about Kansas -- perfect so far against the spread. Has any team ever been perfect for the season ATS? I doubt it. I hope they do it.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I wish BC would lose and LSU would squeak out the rest of their games so the Buckeyes could get some SEC payback!
    Well, you got your first wish, but OSU is not beating UM so it's irrelevant.

Arizona beats Oregon next week.

OU v. LSU for the title.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Ohio State will get humiliated by LSU. I'm not partial to either (grew up a Big Ten fan, played tennis for an SEC school), but comparing the Big Ten (probably the worst major conference) to the SEC is absurd. It's going to be just like last year. Ohio State feasts on a diet of Indiana, Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, etc, while LSU just survives the brutal SEC schedule, and then LSU destroys OSU in the BCS game. Only in the Big Ten can you have a team (Michigan) that loses at home to Appalachian State (a mediocre I-AA team) and to Oregon by 4 touchdowns become ranked again come the middle of the conference schedule lol.

If you want the two best teams we should have LSU vs. Oregon...

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

After last year's Ohio State blowout, no one wants OSU back in the BCS. An SEC team should be in the game, and either Oregon or a Big 12 team. The Big 10 is an overrated conference with Michigan's losses to App. State and Oregon. The BCS should punish OSU for its relatively weak schedule by keeping it out of the championship game.

theshark
    theshark's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey pal lsu is the only team in the country that played 6 top 25 teams and there record is 5-1 enough said about lsu they belong in the natl champ ship game against kansas...this will happen because they are the 2 best teams in the country...10 teams in the sec are going to go to bowl games...enough sain the sec is the best in the country...theshark

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with you that I've had enough of this Ohio State is overrated crap... The last two weeks I saw people picking Penn St and Wisconsin left and right and the Bucks responded with two blowouts (albeit the game Saturday was closer than the score). Chris Wells and Boeckman have proven to be very very solid and the defense is amazing.

As far a LSU, I wouldn't call them overrated... but they have narrowly escaped a couple games. They barely beat Florida, Alabama and Auburn. Any one of those games could have and probably should have been a loss. You have to give them a lot of credit for pulling out those games. And there is no doubt that their strength of schedule is huge. But at the same time, if any one of those three games were losses, nobody would be talking about LSU going to the National Championship.

Personally, I think it will be OSU v. LSU for all the marbles. You can make a case for Oregon and Kansas as well. If the Jayhawks win out (and that is a big IF as they will play Missouri and Oklahoma before the season ends-two games I personally think they will lose) then I would feel horrible for them. Obviously their strength of schedule has been weak but they popped 79 points on Nebraska and beat a capable A&M teams in the last two weeks. If they beat OU and Missouri to finish the season I feel like you almost have to give them a shot. However, I believe they will lose at least one of their final two games so this will all be a moot point

Sabanbama
    Sabanbama's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU is the luckiest team in thenation. They should be 5-4 right now. There is no way they can keep up with the Buckeyes, Ducks, and especially the Sooners. I dont know if they can even beat Arky. Bama had them beat this weekend, but the official decided that not to be true. I also believe that the SEC has the worst officials of any conference. They call so much petty shit. Also look for Auburn to upset Georgia this weekend. As bad I hate to say it they are playing well right now.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

LSU may be the best team in the nation. Against Ohio St in the championship i would say the line would be even. West Virginia is better than the Ducks or Sooners.

SECfan23
    SECfan23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio St better hope LSU loses another game. Ohio State has NEVER beaten an SEC team in a bowl game. The SEC can thank Florida for embarrassing the buckeyes last year b/c it is hard to come up with a good reason why a one loss SEC team does not deserve to be in the National Champioship game.

2007 Florida 41-14
    2002 South Carolina 31-28
    2001 South Carolina 24-7
    1996 Tenneessee 20-14
    1995 Alabama 24-17
    1993 Georgia 21-14
    1990 Auburn 31-14
    1978 Alabama 35-6

LSU is not overrated. They play very good teams and great teams find ways to win and LSU has done that.

The thing is buckeyes, if LSU loses another game, you'll probably play Oregon, and theyll beat you too.

Mr Handicapable

The Big Ten is terrible..can't/won't dispute that, however, doesn't mean Ohio State couldn't beat anyone they play! They beat Miami in the Championship a few years back and Miami/Florida State in the last 20 years can match any SEC team with both speed and talent. Kansas/Oklahoma/Missouri Big 12 winner (Missouri IMO) and Oregon will probably both be on the outside looking in at Ohio St./LSU but with this year you never know? Oregon is the best team in the country IMO! LSU lost to Kentucky who is a weaker version of Oregon and beat Auburn by 1 second...lol! Same Auburn and Kentucky teams that couldn't handle Mississippi State! Don't tell me Miss. State, Ole Miss, and Vandy are monsters just because they're in the SEC! Take a decent Big Ten 10 like Illinois...they beat Mississippi State by 14!

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lsu still has 2 tough games left vs Arkansas and SEC championship.

Mr Handicapable

The Big Ten usually finishes the season 2 weeks before the SEC Championship as well and its hard to get back up to game speed in January when you haven't played in almost 2 months! The Big Ten should get the conference to 12 teams (Notre Dame?) and play a championship themselves! I almost wish there was a Ohio State/Boston College National Championship game so the rest of the country would bitch so much that they would finally setup a tournament!

Lock-ness monsta
    Lock-ness monsta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you know who is over-rated? Kansas. Name one decent opponent they have beaten. They will get beat by either Missouri and/or Oklahoma. However, it will still be the best season in their lousy history. So sad.

bbyhill

i would like to see oklahoma and oregon

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like offense oregon and ..........

IWishIWasRich
    IWishIWasRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

If LSU players start not getting so many penalties they will be a much better team (DUH). They really do have a monster defense but the penalties are killing them. I hope that they can play Ohio State in some bowl just for the joy of watching the game. I just possibly will bet it...