KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Congrats..tremendous Job By Them

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Charlie Weiss has to get fired

Delaware beat Navy last week that is how bad Navy is.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

If UCLA didn't get banged up in that game Notre Dame won, they would be 0-9. Charlie Weiss is doing a real good job there.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

ND is embarassing

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by goldengoat View Post
    ND is embarassing
    Yeah, but they got their own television network!

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I played ND. I'm ashamed of myself.

Many thanks to Weis for going for it on 4th and 8 at the end of regulation instead of attempting a 43-yard FG that could've given me a push. That was incomprehensible.

Navy was the better team. They deserved to win.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

How could ND lose that game? They had an extra week to prepare, probably watched Navy lose to I-AA Delaware the week before, and and missed various field goal opportunities during regulation that would have given them a chance to avoid overtime.

One year he is the savior of the ND program, and the next he is 1-8 and losing to Navy. Now ND has AF, Duke and with a trip to Stanford coming. All those game are potential losses for ND, and if UCLA didn't bail him out, ND could have gone 0-12.

I am looking to Stanford to pound ND so the PAC-10 can have some reason to say that the UCLA loss was a fluke; however, Harbaugh may love it if the Stanford game means the only difference between Kansas and Oregon going to the BCS championship.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had Navy too. Didn't even know about the 43 year streak. Really wasn't such a big deal that they won, was it? The part of the game I watched was two teams just running the ball at each other, looking totally even. Could only stand about ten minutes of that.

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

The UCLA loss was no fluke. As an alum, I can say that the Bruins and Karl Duh-rell are truly that bad on many days. The Pac 10 in its entirety is a farce this year.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I know it's a down year for the Irish -- waaaaaay down -- but Navy stopping this losing streak still has to be one of the Top 10 stories of the college football season. The really sad part is I can actually remember the last time the Midshipmen beat Notre Dame

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Navy has been close to upsetting ND over the years. They've, for one reason or another, come up just a little short.

On Saturday, it wasn't an upset...the better team won. Notre Dame may have had better athletes. Navy had the better team.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It is great the whole world is now seeing how bad a coach Weiss really is, he will never get a pro job now. I do not think he could ever get another coaching job either.

Mason
    Mason's Avatar Become A Pro!

As hard as the refs tried to give this one to ND (See the PI call in the end zone in 3OT) the Irish insisted on blowing it.

btw, Weiss looks like someone swivelled him 180' at the waist and he wears his ass on his front side. Does it not?