curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon...worth a $2000 bet? please advise

Hi,
    I'm thinking of putting $2000 on Oregon. You know I have to meet that ridiculous $600,000 rollover.

I think Oregon will win pretty handily. What do you think?

Curious

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

oregon

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

I like Oregon, turn that 2000 in to 4000 baby!

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I am picking Arizona State in this one, I think it could be right at a 7 point game. I know it is ridiculous that you have to to roll over that much though, I sure feel for you.

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

All over oregon here. Then let it ride on pats

Reverse
    Reverse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon for sure Az St is overrated.

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do yourself a favor and put that money on Oklahoma big time over A&M. It is a big time winner

Reverse
    Reverse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Skankdog View Post
    Do yourself a favor and put that money on Oklahoma big time over A&M. It is a big time winner
    I dunno man 21 points is a lot and if Bradford struggles passing like he did last week this game could be close (spread wise).

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Curious, I'm taking Oregon today but will buy 1/2 pt to make the spread -6.5...

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I like the idea of going heavy on one or a few games as opposed to a lot of games with a much lesser amount... I say do a 2 or 3 team teaser for 2K instead... I do like Oaklahoma teased down...

I would not advise messin' around with Arizona St. Yeah they might be over rated but they are a dangerous team and with +7 I say too dangerous...

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I'm already on Oregon. I think it's a good play. GL to you curious.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of putting $2000 on Oregon. You know I have to meet that ridiculous $600,000 rollover.

Curious
    Curious, Why don't you play $1000 Oregon 1H and $1000 for game? ASU usually starts slow first half and I have a feeling Oregon will come out firing to kill the game.

m3vr6
    m3vr6's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi,

Curious
    why do you have to rollover so much?

curious

edit
    Last edited by curious; 12-03-07 at 05:48 PM.

curious

For better or worse I am on Oregon -8 $2060 to win $2000

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally, I would have thrown that sucker down on the Navy ML against Notre Dame ... good luck with your Oregon bet.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Don't try to get that bonus, there are other ways to make money other than chasing bonuses by throwing huge chunks of money on sides and totals.

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Don't try to get that bonus, there are other ways to make money other than chasing bonuses by throwing huge chunks of money on sides and totals.
    $2000 is not too much

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by pats3peat View Post
    $2000 is not too much

How much money do you think it takes to rollover a balance 20 times? As the Miller Lite commercial says, you need your beer privledges revoked. 11.50 for a burger and 2000.00 on a wager to chase an unreachable bonus is idiotic. Most players cannot rollover 5 times for a bonus without losing their asses.

curious

How much money do you think it takes to rollover a balance 20 times? As the Miller Lite commercial says, you need your beer privledges revoked. 11.50 for a burger and 2000.00 on a wager to chase an unreachable bonus is idiotic. Most players cannot rollover 5 times for a bonus without losing their asses.
    So I should do what? Just give the $30,000 away?

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck Curious.

I think the spread is exactly where it should be. Everyone talks about how ASU is overrated, but it takes a damn good team to bring it every week and be undefeated (that is why there are only 5 unbeatens in the nation!)

Who has Oregon played that ASU is overrated and they are not?

Michigan (while they were still shell-shocked from App State game)
    Cal (lost at home)
    USC (Beat by a TD at home)

Don't get me wrong... I don't think Oregon is overrated, they are a great team... but this perception that ASU is some kind of scrub really gets to me. I've watched most of their games start to finish; they are a great team on both sides of the ball.

Should be a great game.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

[QUOTE=curious;400523]So I should do what? Just give the $30,000 away?[/QUOTE

Please don't think I am being arrogant, but is the 30,000 yours yet? Are you playing with YOUR money or HOUSE money. If it is YOUR money I think trying to reach a 20X rollover is a sucker play. If it is the HOUSE'S money then hell bet all 30K and call it a day.

curious

edit
    Last edited by curious; 12-03-07 at 05:49 PM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

[QUOTE=curious;400535]

Did'nt you read any of the other posts talking about this? SBG global stole over $100,000 from over 15 players, my account was the largest at $30,000. The story got wide coverage on the net. BigJuicyOdds.com stepped in and gave us all accounts with the amounts that were stolen with a 20 times rollover requirement.

Once again, if it is YOUR money withdraw it and place it in a book with a reasonable rollover bonus. You will never see that 20X rollover, and you will problably lose more than 30K trying to get. Good books can offer no juice and make money, why don't you think a book that offers a 20X rollover bonus can't.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I feel like an idiot asking, but I'm still unfamiliar with all this 'rollover' talk. Is there just certain bonuses when you meet a rollover requirement? In this case, I'm guessing you're not allowed to withdraw unless you meet the 20x rollover?

curious

[QUOTE=seaborneq;400543]

Once again, if it is YOUR money withdraw it and place it in a book with a reasonable rollover bonus. You will never see that 20X rollover, and you will problably lose more than 30K trying to get. Good books can offer no juice and make money, why don't you think a book that offers a 20X rollover bonus can't.
    Please put the crack pipe down and read the post again. I cannot withdraw the money until I roll it over 20 times.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    I feel like an idiot asking, but I'm still unfamiliar with all this 'rollover' talk. Is there just certain bonuses when you meet a rollover requirement? In this case, I'm guessing you're not allowed to withdraw unless you meet the 20x rollover?
    Rollover just means you have to place that amount in bets. BigJuicyOdds.com bailed out 15 players who got robbed by SBG Global. They gave us free money. A condition placed on this money is that a player has to place wagers twenty times the amount before any withdrawals can be processed. In my case, since my account balance was $30,000, the rollover requirement is $600,000, which just means I have to make $600,000 in wagers before I can withdraw any of the $30,000.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    It is an enticement by books to get players to add more money to their accounts. However, when you withdraw any money before meeting the rollover requirement the books take the bonus back. Most players, and I would venture to say 90% don't meet rollover requirements even when it is as low as 4X. YOu have to win a lot to get a rollover bonus. Most of us do not.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I wasn't going to bet on Oregon...but now I wanted to make a small bet since I'm going to watch the game anyway...Is it worth placing a small bet or should I avoid it?

I think they will win by 14+, but people keep saying how AZ St. is going to show up, make it a game, etc. I just don't see that happening....but 9.5 is a lot to lay.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

It is an enticement by books to get players to add more money to their accounts. However, when you withdraw any money before meeting the rollover requirement the books take the bonus back. Most players, and I would venture to say 90% don't meet rollover requirements even when it is as low as 4X. YOu have to win a lot to get a rollover bonus. Most of us do not.
    SEA: Please read what curious wrote. Another book stole 30K from him. They gave him a free account with 30K in it and a stipulation that he must roll it 20 x before he can withdraw.

He can't withdraw anything from this book.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
    SEA: Please read what curious wrote. Another book stole 30K from him. They gave him a free account with 30K in it and a stipulation that he must roll it 20 x before he can withdraw.

He can't withdraw anything from this book.
    So when the 30K is gone, there is nothing to collect? So basically you can bet in all at once or over time and still you have nothing. Makes sense to me. I wish someone would step up who has collected a bonus with a 20X rollover so that Curious can better know how to bet the 30K. I would probably pay a good tout at least 5K just so the 30K will last longer.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Rollover just means you have to place that amount in bets. BigJuicyOdds.com bailed out 15 players who got robbed by SBG Global. They gave us free money. A condition placed on this money is that a player has to place wagers twenty times the amount before any withdrawals can be processed. In my case, since my account balance was $30,000, the rollover requirement is $600,000, which just means I have to make $600,000 in wagers before I can withdraw any of the $30,000.
    The rollover can be done but you need discipline. You need about 6000 bets of $100. Assuming you will roll it over by the end of march madness this is 150 days. If you make about 40 bets per day you will do it. Bet on football both nfl and college , basketball both nba and college, hockey, soccer on champions league.

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow Curious, did you really play 2k? Looks good! Pulling for you!! GL!!

curious

Quote Originally Posted by OrionSky View Post
    Wow Curious, did you really play 2k? Looks good! Pulling for you!! GL!!
    $2K of the monopoly money in that BigJuicyOdds.com account that I can't withdraw.

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, your monopoly bank isn't doing to bad...

12 Last