BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Week 10 plays

Tough week last week. I am starting to develop a pattern: Good week, mediocre week, good week, mediocre week, etc.... So if that stands, this should be a good week. Let's hope so. Was looking good last week heading into the night games and everything collapsed. What a choke job by Tennessee. I guess I should feel fortunate I got the push. Let's see what we can do this week.

42-35 YTD

302 Georgia Tech -2.5
    311 Rutgers +2.5
    328 BYU -21
    336 Penn State -7
    348 Oregon -7
    356 Michigan State +4
    364 Idaho +3.5
    371 Texas Tech -21
    374 Oklahoma State +3
    402 Louisiana-Monroe +4.5

**Still considering Iowa State +14. May play it. I am having a hard time overlooking the 56-3 loss to Texas. I definitely think that is the only side to consider. I'll post it if I play it...

Analysis upon request. Good luck to everyone this weekend
    Last edited by BuddyBear; 11-01-07 at 06:27 PM.

wolves
    wolves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

With you on Iowa St. Since the Texas bashing, hard to overlook their defensive performance in their last 2 games by keeping it well under the spread.

Afraid of Texas Tech after letting me down last weekend, what's your analysis on why they cover this week?

I love the team and know they are capable of better then last weekend.

Thanks.

Boilermaker04
    Boilermaker04's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL BuddyBear I think everybody is in for a good week. It's Thursday and I have GA Tech and the under!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I think we are on the same pattern BuddyBear. So if you have a good week, I should too. I was lucky enough to have Tennessee -2.5 last week.

I am with you on Rutgers +2.5 on Saturday. I got nothing on the rest of your games.

Good luck this weekend.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like OK State, and BYU. (I wasn't sure about laying 21 points though.) It will probably be a small play for me as well. Hopefully we can all cash in on Oregon.
    I would like to get your thoughts on that Michigan State game. (Since you follow them pretty closely)
    Thanks in advance and BOL BB.

spezat
    spezat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Troy to upset the Bulldogs

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by spezat View Post
    I highly, highly doubt that. Even with their QB healthy, Georgia should win easily. There is such a big difference in talent between these two schools. It may seem trendy to think that Troy can win in Athens, but realistically they have little shot to win. I mean, they played an average Arkansas team and lost by 20 against them.

Throw in the fact, at this point, Larry Blankley (sp) probalby is more concerned with winning the Sun Belt than beating Georgia, it is likely that should Troy fall down early, expect them to get blown out of the water. If this was game 1, maybe, but in the middle of the season very unlikely even if this is a big sandwhich game for UGA.

Good luck....

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    I like OK State, and BYU. (I wasn't sure about laying 21 points though.) It will probably be a small play for me as well. Hopefully we can all cash in on Oregon.
    I would like to get your thoughts on that Michigan State game. (Since you follow them pretty closely)
    Thanks in advance and BOL BB.
    Well if I go 8-1 and lost Rutgers I'll be happy for you

For MSU, they have the horses on offense to compete against UM. They feature a very strong rushing attack that should keep Michigan frustrated. Throw in a talented playmaker on offense like Devon Thomas and a passer who is relatively accurate in Bryan Hoyer you have to believe that MSU can move the ball on this Michigan team. Michigan is a relatively phony team as I believe there first two games are more reflected of their caliber of team then their big ten performences.

This is (was) a pretty intense rivalry and under MD, I expect it to be revived. Only 1 MSU coach in his first year has ever beat Michigan (Nick Saban, 1995) but it was a very similar situation as I remember it distinctly. MSU's defense can make big plays, they lead the Big Ten in sacks and I really expect them to be inspired. MSU falls into some strong systems this week, and I think the early money on MSU reflects just that. Even though MICH has won the last 5, 3 of the 5 were very very competitive with MICH needing OT in 2004 and 2005 to beat MSU.

I look for a very inspired game from MSU against their rivals and one win away from bowl eligibility.....

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

like the card buddy...gl

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by spezat View Post
    was leaning to troy but found out haugabook is doubtful for sat.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Let's go with one tonight:

302 Georgia Tech -2.5

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Thanks everyone....

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Well if I go 8-1 and lost Rutgers I'll be happy for you

For MSU, they have the horses on offense to compete against UM. They feature a very strong rushing attack that should keep Michigan frustrated. Throw in a talented playmaker on offense like Devon Thomas and a passer who is relatively accurate in Bryan Hoyer you have to believe that MSU can move the ball on this Michigan team. Michigan is a relatively phony team as I believe there first two games are more reflected of their caliber of team then their big ten performences.

This is (was) a pretty intense rivalry and under MD, I expect it to be revived. Only 1 MSU coach in his first year has ever beat Michigan (Nick Saban, 1995) but it was a very similar situation as I remember it distinctly. MSU's defense can make big plays, they lead the Big Ten in sacks and I really expect them to be inspired. MSU falls into some strong systems this week, and I think the early money on MSU reflects just that. Even though MICH has won the last 5, 3 of the 5 were very very competitive with MICH needing OT in 2004 and 2005 to beat MSU.

I look for a very inspired game from MSU against their rivals and one win away from bowl eligibility.....
    Great stuff BB. Its going to be a good weekend.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

buddy,

keep up the solid capping...BOL to you my brother...

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

With you on OSU. Leaning to PSU, Oregon and Tx Tech.

Good luck BB.