curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Teasing thru the 3 and 7 for week of Nov 1

Well there are a lot of teams that qualify but only 4 that I think are worth betting.

Va Tech +2 1/2 tease to +8 1/2 (thursday, nov 1)
    Ohio -7 1/2 tease to -1 1/2 (friday nov 2)
    Maryland +2 1/2 tease to +8 1/2 (sat nov 3)
    Toledo -7 1/2 tease to -1 1/2 (sat nov 3)

Bet these 6 point teasers:
    4 pick using all 4 teams $100
    Every possible 3 pick using all 4 teams $300 (3 $100 bets)
    Every possible 2 pick using all 4 teams $600 (6 $100 bets)

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

hey curious, will you help me understand what you mean by teasing 3 thru 7. i've seen you post this several times but I have not quite figured out what you mean. i appreciate your help bud. it seems to be a good system for the most part.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
    hey curious, will you help me understand what you mean by teasing 3 thru 7. i've seen you post this several times but I have not quite figured out what you mean. i appreciate your help bud. it seems to be a good system for the most part.
    A high percentage of football games are decided by 3 or 7 points. We'll use a 6 point teaser in the examples. For a dog, if you start with a spread of < +3 and end up with a spread of > +7 after the tease you have moved the dog past the danger numbers of 3 and 7. So, take Maryland +2 1/2 with a 6 point tease, Maryland is now +8 1/2, so you moved past the 3 and 7.

A favorite works the other way. You start with a spread of < -7 and end up with a spread of > -3. So, take Ohio, - 7 1/2, with a 6 point tease Ohio becomes -1 1/2, again, you moved past the 3 and 7.

I want to point out that the teasing past the 3 and 7 is mainly an NFL stat. I only use it in college AFTER handicapping teams I already really like. I figure if I liked Maryland at +2 1/2, I like them better at +8 1/2.

Don't go crazy with this in college football. I made another post like this in the NFL forum.

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Doesn't work so well in college

Teasing through the 3 and 7 is a play in the NFL, but doesn't work so often in college. If you want to know why, look at the frequency of "3" and "7" it comes up much more often in the NFL. In college, it may come up enough in low scoring games, but I would be careful.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

thanks guys. that does make sense for nfl but probably not for college

curious

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    Teasing through the 3 and 7 is a play in the NFL, but doesn't work so often in college. If you want to know why, look at the frequency of "3" and "7" it comes up much more often in the NFL. In college, it may come up enough in low scoring games, but I would be careful.
    Isnt that what I said? "..teasing through the 3 and 7 is mainly an NFL stat...."