Straight Wilkesn
    Straight Wilkesn's Avatar Become A Pro!

VT vs GT: Thoughts

In a battle of the technical institutes I like VT +3... I think the VT defense will be more then enough to control the flow of the game...

Plus GT offense has been to sporadic this year for my liking

The O/U is at 41 right now... I like the under

VT: 21 GT: 17

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Georgia Tech in this no trap game

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Wilkesn View Post
    In a battle of the technical institutes I like VT +3... I think the VT defense will be more then enough to control the flow of the game...

Plus GT offense has been to sporadic this year for my liking

The O/U is at 41 right now... I like the under

VT: 21 GT: 17
    I would like Virginia Tech but I am afraid that their offense may really struggle against that tough Georgia Tech defense. Virginia Tech defense cannot control the flow of the game unless their offense can be productive and keep their defense some rest. You should also consider what happened last year when these teams played in Virginia. Than take into consideration that Georgia Tech has a bye week and Virginia Tech is coming off the toughest loss of the year. THis is why that Georgia Tech is favored in this game. There is no posssiblity of a trap here. THe oddsmaker set the spread based on future line movements. Do not expect the books to lose money and that is why Goegia Tech is favored in this game. Wait til game time, take Georgia Tech -1.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm holding out for -1.....stuck at -1.5 at the moment.

fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

1) Tough losses in the college level do not play to the favor of any team. It promotes doubt. I see many people always taking this angle in the wrong direction thinking its to the benefit to play after a tough loss. It can only when you have a patsy next game and really run up the score. This is not the case here being a dog on the road.

2) The freshman RB for GT is very capable. I expect the team to rally and really lay some nasty blocks to break him loose. Again I see many posters just reading the headlines and seeing the starting RB is out so assuming to fade GT - mistake IMO

3) GT is a home dog, under the bright lights of a national TV audience, and the public is all over VT (I know many of you hate that angle).

I think GT wins comfortably something like 24-13

fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

And I dont know what lines you guys are watching but GT is a firm -2.5 on pinny (the standard as far as I'm concerned).

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by fivedimes View Post
    1) Tough losses in the college level do not play to the favor of any team. It promotes doubt. I see many people always taking this angle in the wrong direction thinking its to the benefit to play after a tough loss. It can only when you have a patsy next game and really run up the score. This is not the case here being a dog on the road.

2) The freshman RB for GT is very capable. I expect the team to rally and really lay some nasty blocks to break him loose. Again I see many posters just reading the headlines and seeing the starting RB is out so assuming to fade GT - mistake IMO

3) GT is a home dog, under the bright lights of a national TV audience, and the public is all over VT (I know many of you hate that angle).

I think GT wins comfortably something like 24-13
    What was the last time GT scored 24 points vs ACC teams?

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Guys, who is playing QB for Va Tech tonight?

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

VTech on ML parlayed with the under. GL all.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Eh. it JUST changed to -2 on BetUS....I should have pulled the trigger at -1.5. I think GT wins by 11, but we'll see. I think VT will have some serious issues moving the ball.

24-13...if that.

forex
    forex's Avatar Become A Pro!

vtech demolishes gtech

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

VT - ML 2 units

VT is 13-1 on the road since joining the ACC.

I also have a small parlay on the first half (VT +1 and u/20)

GL