bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Virginia Tech vs Louisville preview

GATOR BOWL

**Virginia Tech versus Louisville**

–Las Vegas Sports Consultants installed Virginia Tech as a 7 1/2-point ‘chalk’ over Louisville in the Gator Bowl from Jacksonville, with the total set at 55 ½. The Hokies are the -330 favorite on the money line (bet $330 to win $100), while the Cardinals are a +250 underdog (bet $100 to win $250). NBC will provide coverage of Monday’s matchup beginning at 12:30 p.m. ET.

–Louisville (9-2 straight up, 6-5 against the spread) wrapped up the regular season by winning five games in a row SU after dumping UConn Dec. 3 as a 14 1/2-point road favorite, 30-20. The combined 50 points slithered ‘under’ the 51-point closing total, helping the ‘under’ cash the last three times a total was posted. The Cardinals have failed to cover their previous two outings.

–Louisville finished the contest with advantages in first downs (23-21), rushing yards (200-87), passing yards (271-255) and turnovers forced (4-2).

–Quarterback Hunter Cantwell is a walk-on that made his first start versus the Huskies, finishing by completing 16-of-25 passes for 271 yards with a touchdown and an interception. Michael Bush paced the ground game with 25 carries for 121 yards with three scores. Wideout Joshua Tinch enjoyed a solid effort with six receptions for 82 yards.

–Virginia Tech (10-2 SU, 9-3 ATS) had its sights set on a BCS berth before falling to Florida State Dec. 3 in the ACC title game as a 14 1/2-point ‘chalk,’ 27-22. The combined 49 points eclipsed the 44 1/2-point closing total, helping the ‘over’ occur its second game in a row.

–The Hokies surrendered 24 points in the third quarter, but posted 19 points in the fourth to almost pull out the victory. Virginia Tech led the Seminoles in first downs (24-15), passing yards (335-225) and time of possession (35:09-24:51), while trailing in turnovers forced (2-0).

–Signal caller Marcus Vick was 26-of-52 passing for 335 yards with a touchdown and an interception, while rushing 17 times for just 11 yards and two scores. Wideout David Clowney had four catches for 35 yards, and tight end Jeff King caught three passes for 35 yards in the setback.

–The Cardinals and Hokies have not played each other the previous five years.

–Louisville quarterback Brian Brohm is expected to miss this game due to a knee injury, while defensive end Montavious Stanley (chest) is also expected to be ‘out.’

–Virginia Tech offensive guard Brandon Gore (leg) and tailback Mike Imoh (ankle) are expected to miss this contest.

–Monday’s forecast for Jacksonville, Florida calls for isolated thunderstorms, with a high of 70 degrees and a low of 44.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Louisville, good luck everybody.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

I have VT -8.5 in my contest at work, and Im now thinking wtf I was thinking when I laid that many points on that game. Good thing its a contest, no way I lay that much on a real bet. I have them ranked pretty high to. So this game and the Florida game will be a do or die for me to make the money.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    I'm on Louisville, good luck everybody.

i like them too ILL

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta love Louisville with all those juicy points boys. Although judging by my bowl record that means it's a good fade,LOL.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

JFC, what an unbelievable moose job. Right in the sphincter.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

What a ending. I needed VT to cover -8.5 in my work contest. I was a jumping mofo when they got that INT for TD late in the 4th. That put me to covering.

I need Florida -2.5 and VT -8.5 bad today, because I think Im all set to make money in that contest. Maybe first, because the people around me have high ranks in the BCS bowls when all mine are 2, 3, 4, and 5.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

that was sickening...I hate losing like that...oh frickin' well...

Illusion

That was a tough one to swallow.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

tough beat....i had the under 56 and it was 17-13 heading into the 4th quarter...another one of those bad beats I was talking about.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    What a ending. I needed VT to cover -8.5 in my work contest. I was a jumping mofo when they got that INT for TD late in the 4th. That put me to covering.

I need Florida -2.5 and VT -8.5 bad today, because I think Im all set to make money in that contest. Maybe first, because the people around me have high ranks in the BCS bowls when all mine are 2, 3, 4, and 5.
    how did this contest work out looker?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    how did this contest work out looker?
    I got first locked up.

I have 280 points and the person below me has 275. Im on FSU +8.5 ranked 3, and 2nd place has Penn St. -8.5 ranked 22.

Then I have Texas +7.5 ranked 2, and 2nd place has Texas +7.5 ranked 21.

The ranked points gets subtracted from the total points you have, if you lose that game. So no matter what, I still sit in first if I lose tonight. I have no idea why most these people in this contest ranked the BCS bowls so high, those are the strongest teams in the nation, and can go either way.

I just have to wait to Thursday before I collect. First pays out $570, and it was only a $20 buy in. Nice gain I must say. I didnt even take this thing serious.

Maybe I can get some forum people in this next year, we will see when the time comes.

Illusion

I would play next year looker. Congrats on locking it up.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    I would play next year looker. Congrats on locking it up.
    VT was the game that locked it for me. I was saying to myself all game why the hell did I lay that many points (-8.5), because in my wagering, I never lay that much. I had them ranked 27 and they came thru for me.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    I got first locked up.

I have 280 points and the person below me has 275. Im on FSU +8.5 ranked 3, and 2nd place has Penn St. -8.5 ranked 22.

Then I have Texas +7.5 ranked 2, and 2nd place has Texas +7.5 ranked 21.

The ranked points gets subtracted from the total points you have, if you lose that game. So no matter what, I still sit in first if I lose tonight. I have no idea why most these people in this contest ranked the BCS bowls so high, those are the strongest teams in the nation, and can go either way.

I just have to wait to Thursday before I collect. First pays out $570, and it was only a $20 buy in. Nice gain I must say. I didnt even take this thing serious.

Maybe I can get some forum people in this next year, we will see when the time comes.

Excellent News!

Always good when a skilled player wins one of these things...