Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

The Free Picks On The Home Page

Is it just me or does it seem that every free pick I've seen on the home page over the last two or three weeks has been wrong? I never play them, unless I've already decided on a play, but it seems odd that every time I check it out they always seems to be on the wrong side.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Must just be you, BTH. Remember, 'every' is an awfully big word. I don't have the October records quite yet, and it's possible over any short 2-3 day stretch that the front page picks hit a bad run. Also have to remember that we will publish picks on both sides of a game, so the overall records will tend to gravitate a bit more towards .500 because of that.

But looking at September numbers, the baseball cappers were down a half-unit with a 91-81-4 record, the NFL cappers were up just a hair with a 43-39-10 mark and the college footballers were up about two units with a 60-53 record. A few guys were on good runs then, like Brian Gabrielle was 5-0 in NCAAF, Ben Burns was 3-0 on the NFL slate, and Al McMordie closed his MLB season strong with a 17-8 run in September. Others were on bad stretches. In other words, not much different than anyone else.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I only bet football and college basketball, so I guess I should have clarified. By the way, two different cappers last night on the Monday Night NFL over.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Yeah, I had the Over last night as well, thought I'd done well to get it last week when it was at 42.

The front page picks run hot and cold like a lot of picks. Glad to see another college hoops fan on board with us for this season...best of luck.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

The ones I read week before last all won. Even posted about it since everyone says they lose all the time.