hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

Doc's whining --- Pags class

Aside from his poor picks in recent weeks, I lost a lot of respect for the doc because on his website he is making excuses for his recent poor performance -- bad luck. According to him, he is not getting his share of the games that could go either way. He lists specific games and moans about the bad breaks. In fact, I found it amusing that for both Thurs games he moaned that he didn't get PUSHES because of BC's late TD and New Mex missing a FG. Are his clients paying big money for pushes or for games that come down to the wire? And he moaned that turnovers cost him wins with OSU and Hous the previous week. Oh my! Are turnovers part of football ? Maybe they should all be "do overs" so the "correct" team can cover. I wonder if he ever won a game that was otherwise a loss but for a turnover?

Anyway, to me, this kind of whining about lack of luck shows a lack of class on his part. These things happen in gambling. Take it like a man and please remember all the wins at the wire that you have attributed to good cappin rather than good luck.

I appreciate an attitude like Pags just had after a bad week. No moaning - no excuses. Just get right back in and pick the next set of games. Thanks Pags - for your attitude, picks, and well thought out writeups.
    Last edited by hhsilver; 10-29-07 at 10:20 AM.

VolinArizona
    VolinArizona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I guess the Doc fails to realize that even with the bad breaks, strange upsets, etc, some people are winning. Just not him.

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

When you win you are everything. When you lose then you'll try to find excuses to cover it up. Happen to everyone.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

The one difference between Pags and Doc is that Doc is in the business of selling picks. He'll never admit to dispositional factors as to why he lost a game...it's always situational factors. Touts rarely acknowledge bad picks....

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Please forgive me as I am new here, but which "Doc" are you referring to?

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dr . Bob

http://www.drbobsports.com/football.cfm?s=1

NCAA Week 9: (6-5) 55%

3-0 - 3* plays
    1-3 – 2* plays
    2-2 – Strong Opinions

Rotation #135 Kansas (-2 1/2) 3-Stars at -3 or less, 2-Stars at -3 1/2 or -4. W
    Rotation #110 Wisconsin (-7 1/2) 3-Stars at -9 or less, 2-Stars at -9 1/2 or -10 points. W
    Rotation #194 Hawaii (-27 1/2) 3-Stars at -28 or less, 2-Stars from -28 1/2 to -31 points. W.

Rotation #124 Auburn (-17) 2-Stars at -17 or less, Strong Opinion from -17 1/2 to -20 points. L
    Rotation #168 Marshall (-8) 2-Stars at -10 or less, 3-Stars at -7 or less. W
    Rotation #102 Virginia Tech (-3) 2-Stars at -3 or less (-115 odds or better). - L
    Rotation #104 New Mexico (-6) 2-Stars at -6 or less. Strong Opinion at -6 1/2 or –7 -L.

Strong Opinions on
    Fresno State +3 or more (2-Stars at +4) – L
    Pittsburgh +10 or more - W
    Kentucky at -14 or less - L
    UL Monroe at +6 or more (2-Stars at +7). W

----------------------------
    NFL Week 8:
    All picks were free on his web site for this week.
    Star picks and opinions: 1-5 (17%)

3* (0-1)
    2* (0-2)
    SO (1-2)

HOU 3* at +10 or more, 2* at 9.5 to 7.5 - L

CAR 2* at +7.5 or more, SO at +6 or more - L
    CHICAGO/ Detroit 2-Star Best Bet Over 45 points or less - L

Strong Opinion
    MIA SO +7.5 or more - W
    Tampa Bay a Strong Opinion at -3 ½ or -4 points (2-Star Best Bet at -3 points (at -120 odds or less)) - L
    San Francisco a Strong Opinion at +1 or more (2-Star Best Bet at +3 (-120 or better odds)) - L

--------------------------
    Some say he is doing well in the NFL v. NCAA - Not this week.

ESPN e:60 video staged discussion on Dr. Bob:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...ideoId=3066731
    Last edited by jon13009; 10-29-07 at 09:58 PM.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Thanks Jon

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

No problem.

People here seem to have a fixation on Bob (good or bad), but you have to decide for yourself if his picks have value. Most are annoyed that he has the ability to move the NCAA lines on Thursday afternoon, but with the problems Bob is having this year, that may change.

He posts his picks for free on his site except for the star and strong opinion games.

GL.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

hhsilver,

thank you very much for this...I frickin' stunk it up last week and that's the dang bottom line...have been doing this for 23 years and my background not only in this, but also running my business and being an ex-athlete has taught me to be accountable...I most often have more good weeks than bad weeks, but unfortunatlely having bad weeks goes with the territory of being a handicapper (to quote my friend sirwinzalot, "you've got to take your medicine like a man sometimes")...after making my picks yesterday for week 10, I went to dinner with the girl I date and then to a movie (mainly to clear my head)...got back on it this morning watching tape and want to finish the season strong...also, I agree with you in regards to what so many often people say is "luck"...I believe when preparation meet opportunity, you can get the cover more often than not in that close ballgame...thanks again for the post...
    Last edited by pags11; 10-29-07 at 10:51 PM.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

pags11, you did fine(i think you went 3-4), 3-4 is a good day for most, a very good day or great day is 4-3 or 5-2 for most, awesome days are what you put up the previous 3 weeks. its not like you put a goose-egg up last week. you still da' man.

Ksmynutz
    Ksmynutz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by VolinArizona View Post
    I guess the Doc fails to realize that even with the bad breaks, strange upsets, etc, some people are winning. Just not him.

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea I'm a rookie also.
    "Thanx" for clearing up (which) Dr. this thread was all about.

In the BTP contest, I am 9-3 over the past three weeks:
    2-2.
    3-1.
    4-0.

G.L. to everyone this week!