austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Austin's NCAA Saturday Card

Been a while, but I figured I might actually post my card for once...

I want to say I have learned a little from each and everyone here at this site, and I do appreciate what has been given to me, so hopefully I can give a little back in return.

1. Georgia +10
    2. Minnesota +24
    3. NC St +4
    4. Missouri -28
    5. Arizona +4
    6. Tennessee -2.5

Eyeing a couple more, but waiting on a more favorable line...best of luck to everyone...

austintx05

Georgia +10 - Florida coming off of a big road win in Kentucky and I like that Georgia is catching 10, off of a bye which this game should have their full attention. I like what I have seen from Stafford & co. I feel that Florida is a team that in certain situation, such as last week, is a good bet laying points, but on a neutral field off of a big road win, Urban doesn't do so hot in this role. I think the dawgs can keep this one close.

austintx05

Minnesota +24 - Lloyd Carr laying 24, need I say more? I learned my lesson a long time ago this is never a good bet. Impressive road win in Illinois, but this is a spot that Michigan fails to cover more times than not. Minnesota may have looked lifeless at times, but if Carr "just wants to get out of conference with a win" as he usually does, Minnesota should be able to keep this within the number.

austintx05

NC St +4 - Al Groh is another coach that will shorten your life span by laying points with him on the road. This team really has no explosion, so I see some value in this line. Virginia is a good dog, bad favorite. Its really that simple. Virginia's last 3 games were won by a combined 4 points. I am calling for the SU Wolfpack victory here, but will take the insurance.

austintx05

Missouri -28 - Been a cash cow all season and I think they stand a very good chance to cover this number. Iowa struggles defending the spread offense and there are not a whole lot of QB's who run it better and more efficiently than Chase Daniels does. Texas' offense really did not look good v ISU 2 weeks ago and they moved the ball at will, which is what I expect. I also do not see Mizzou taking ISU lightly as I think they still remember the 16-21 loss they suffered in ISU last year. Gimme the Tigers to roll it up on the Cyclones.

austintx05

Arizona +4 - I am still seeing too much love for Washington, who has shown me nothing lately. This team has yet to put together 4 quarters of football. I have Arizona's defense rated amongst the top in the PAC10 and I see them shutting down Locker, who has been pressing a bit to much lately. UW was in the game v Oregon, but again they could not close it out. I think UW is still going through some growing pains and Stoops desperately needs a win here. Washington to me is a team looking to find itself and laying more than a fg is not going to help anyone's cause.

austintx05

Tennessee -2.5 - Tough situation here. Spurrier off a loss as a road dog in the SEC v Fulmer. Not exactly a comfortable spot to back Fulmer, but I believe it is. Tennessee although in the midst of a pedestrian season still has a shot in the East. I think there are some QB problems with SC & Smelley right now, so I view this as a bounce back spot for the Vols at home off of the embarrassment they suffered last week v Bama. Gimme the Vols at Rocky Top under a FG.

dudefrompa
    dudefrompa's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Minnesota is the pick of the week. Everybody has to know by now that the 'Wolves cannot cover that many points. Minnesota, at times, can score some points.

I do think that Missouri isn't a good pick. When ISU played Texas, the 'Horns barely got out of there with a victory.

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by dudefrompa View Post
    I think Minnesota is the pick of the week. Everybody has to know by now that the 'Wolves cannot cover that many points. Minnesota, at times, can score some points.

I do think that Missouri isn't a good pick. When ISU played Texas, the 'Horns barely got out of there with a victory.
    yeah you're right, 56-3

azgrande18
    azgrande18's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    Arizona +4 - I am still seeing too much love for Washington, who has shown me nothing lately. This team has yet to put together 4 quarters of football. I have Arizona's defense rated amongst the top in the PAC10 and I see them shutting down Locker, who has been pressing a bit to much lately. UW was in the game v Oregon, but again they could not close it out. I think UW is still going through some growing pains and Stoops desperately needs a win here. Washington to me is a team looking to find itself and laying more than a fg is not going to help anyone's cause.
    I agree Stoops needs a win. But I don't think he will be around next year anyway.

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by azgrande18 View Post
    I agree Stoops needs a win. But I don't think he will be around next year anyway.
    I agree with that.

austintx05

4-1 +3 units

Very happy with today's results...see ya next week

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

austin,

congrats on a great week...

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    austin,

congrats on a great week...
    thanks amigo

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

That Tenn. game must have been tough to watch for a bit.

Nice day. Keep it up.

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    That Tenn. game must have been tough to watch for a bit.

Nice day. Keep it up.
    it was and thank you

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hey, during our IM chat yesterday you told me you liked Iowa and some other winners. Well anyway nice week and you appeared to have a great grasp of the games.

Looking forward to seeing what u like tomorrow amigo