BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Week 9 plays from BuddyBear

Good week last week at 6-1 and just 1 pt away from a sweep. Unfortunately being out of town, I didn't get a chance to really watch the games but no big deal as long as I had some good results. This week, a big card. I am looking to keep the momemtum going. At 10 games over .500 things are good and if you throw out week 1's miserable 2-7 result it is much better. Let's finish October off with a bang.

YTD 39-29

104 New Mexico -6.5
    106 Fresno State +132
    136 Texas A&M +2.5
    144 Tulane -1
    149 Arizona +4
    152 Eastern Michigan +5.5
    158 Iowa +3
    178 Tennessee -3
    186 Penn State +4
    200 Arkansas State +4

Analysis of games upon request. Good luck to everyone this weekend!
    Last edited by BuddyBear; 10-26-07 at 06:04 PM.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like a lot of those plays Buddy....gl amigo

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Lookout Rock Chalk Jayhawks!

I know the Home Dogs have been money in NCAAs this year but I really like Kansas alot this week! A&M is somewhat suspect on defense...in fact Fresno and Okie State both had them beat at Kyle Field and gave it away. A&M can pound the ball and thats it...they can't throw to save their life! I know KU played a ridiculously soft non-conference slate but they have beat K-State and Colorado on the road already. Ask Texas and OU how easy that is! Kansas somehow has stockpiled some good athletes on both sides of the ball. IMO Kansas has a legitimate shot to make to 11-0 and face Mizzou!!

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Really like the Fresno play. The only reason I haven't played it is I missed the opener at 6 and was hoping it would creep back up. That's unlikely at this point, but I think the Dogs win that game.

With you on Tulane, against your 'Zona play.

Leaning Iowa. I think their defense can do a good job containing Ringer, but am having concerns on whether the offense can do anything productive, especially after an embarrassing performance against a bad Purdue defense.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think OSU is the play, and I'd consider adding the Buckeyes if I could get -2.5 or better. I understand Happy Valley is a tough place to play, and sure, OSU's not the best team in the country, but how does Penn St. score in this game? It's tough to envision PSU moving the ball on the ground, and the game being in Morelli's hand is scary. No doubt PSU has the weapons at WR, but I don't have any confidence in Morelli in a big game, and I think Beanie Wells can run on PSU. I'm not sold on Boeckman, but I don't see him losing the game, which is more than I can say for Morelli.

Good luck BB. Wish you continued success.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Hey BuddyBear. I am right there with you on Tulane and Tennessee. No action the rest of your games.

Good luck this weekend.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL to you this week buddybear...

wolves
    wolves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Really like your plays.
    Could you give some insight on the Ark State game and also the E. Michigan game?
    Thanks.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by wolves View Post
    Really like your plays.
    Could you give some insight on the Ark State game and also the E. Michigan game?
    Thanks.
    Thanks Wolves, I hope Saturday night before i go to bed I like them as much as I like them now.

As for those two specific plays, both Arkansas State and EMU feature the better defenses. In the case of Troy vs. ASU, Troy is one of the worst teams in stopping the run (#109) and when you consider that ASU's offensive strength is their ability to run the ball (#34 in the nation) you really have to wonder how is it that Troy is favored especially when this has been a series dominated by ASU lately. Even though Troy is stronger on offense, ASU is much much stronger on defense. I think ASU wins this game personally...just my opinion. Troy has been a bit sloppy lately as they turned the ball over 7 times to lowly North Texas at home. A team like NTU won't make you pay but most other teams will....you typically don't see teams turn the ball over 7 times and win by 38 that is a big anomaly. Not to mention my computer is showing that ASU falls into 6 very strong systems this weekend.

For EMU, they too are the better defensive. Again you have a situation where the team who is stronger on defense is getting points and in this case a rivalry game. Last year, EMU was up 15-3 in Kalamazoo and blew the game. WMU is not nearly as good as they were expected to be and a few weeks ago really struggled against a very poor NIU team on the road. Both teams have faced comparable competition and not fared too well and I am concerned about the fact that WMU has a much bigger advantage on offense but I see a close game between these two rivals. EMU did a good job in shutting down a potent offense is NU so I don't think they will be intimadated.

Good luck....

wolves
    wolves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Excellent write up BuddyBear. I was looking to add one more game to my bets and was leaning on either of these game.
    After doing some research, I was leaning towards the ASU game, and after reading your write up, I feel much better about it. I'm adding that one to my arsenal.

Thanks again for the tremendous help.

Here's to a good weekend!!!!

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Going to add a play for tonight...hope I don't get burned.

104 New Mexico -6.5

Good luck to everyone!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Going to add a play for tonight...hope I don't get burned.

104 New Mexico -6.5

Good luck to everyone!
    Yet another play I am on. I got them -6 earlier.

Lets cash it tonight.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Shit, Buddy only against you on the EMU play. BOL with the rest.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

get 'em tomorrow buddy...GL...