bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone have an update on VT QB Tyrod Taylor ?

Does anyone know what the latest status is on him? The last report I read on him was that he's listed as questionable right ankle sprain.

Thanks in advance

bearmz
    bearmz's Avatar Become A Pro!

QBs quandary

Beamer reinforced the plan that Tech won't name its starting quarterback for BC until shortly before game time. Tyrod Taylor, who has started the past five games, was limited in practice again Monday.

"We hope he's at the position where he can play in the game," Beamer said. "That's the bottom line, you've got a quarterback that I think affects the game and you're trying to get him ready to play in the game."

If Taylor can't start, Sean Glennon will get the nod.

"I'm assuming I'm going to play, that's my mind-set," Glennon said.

When asked if it's an edge for Tech with BC not knowing which quarterback to prepare for, Beamer said: "Oh, it's probably another thing there. But they have such a veteran defensive staff ... they know what they're doing and you're not going to cause them too many troubles. I think it's trying to get them blocked, that's our problem."

This was from today's Roanoke Times. His protective cast was removed last Thursday ahead of the sat scheduled removal.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Does anyone know what the latest status is on him? The last report I read on him was that he's listed as questionable right ankle sprain.

Thanks in advance
    Watched Beamer on coaches corner saying he will play. Not at 100% though.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the info fellas

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

bearmz and hawk are correct here as I watched the press conference today as well...Glennon actually played pretty well against Duke in relief of Taylor a couple of weeks ago...