BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Early Game Looks. Cincinnati at N.C. State

This game will be played on Thrusday, 9/16, so it gets all the attention that night. It is another ACC-Big East match up featuring the Big East defending Champions against an ACC team looking for some respect.

Butch Davis begins his career at Cincinnati, taking over for departed Brian Kelly. He inherits 6 offsnsive starters from last years team. While QB Pike is gone, his back up QB Zach Collaro performed admirably in Pikes absence and is as good as a returning starter. The Bearcats are loaded at WR and have good RB's. They are thin on the offensive line. Cincinnati will score a lot of points this year. Defensively, Cincinnati returns 5 starters from a defense that was a disaster last season at times. This defense, which gave up 131 points in it's last 3 games, will need to be completely rebuilt, and the talk on campus is one of hope, rather than confidence.

North Carolina State is coming off a disappointing season, which saw them beat the likes of Pitt and UNC, but lose to Wake Forest and Duke. The offense, for the most part, did it's job, and returns 7 starters including QB Wilson. If Wilson decides to go to Baseball and leave State, Mike Glennon appears to be a capable replacement. The offensive line will have to be rebuilt on the right side. On defense, N.C. State fell apart after their first 3 games. This unit held their opponents to 28 points in those 3 games, but gave up 27 or more points in every game thereafter. The entire D-line will have to be rebuilt, but Star LB Nate Irving returns after missing last season due to injuries suffered in a car accident. Make no mistake. The heat is on for Tom O'Brien, who has missed bowl games in 2 out of his first 3 seasons at State.

For the gambler, this game looks like it could be a high scoring event. Both teams play one FCS opponent, and one non-BCS opponent on the road before this game. With both defenses needing to be rebuilt, I look for a lot of scoring in this game. There is no doubt that both offenses have the upper hand here. The question is how high will the total go? As far as the spread is concerned, Cincinnati finished last season 0-5 ATS. That could be a sign that Cincy is giving too many points. N.C. State only covered 4 times last season, but were dogs in 3 of those games. They are also 7-2 ATS as a home dog in the past two seasons. If Cincy is favored by 7 or more, it is time to give N.C. State a strong look. 3 of Cincinnati's wins last season were by less than 7 points, and 3 of State's 7 losses were by less than 7 points.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

But I will wait

to see how NC state does against UCF the week before. I like UCF and the points more than the showcased cincy game. More than 7 for Ucf would be good also.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I do not think that you are going to get 7 points. This is a home game for UCF. Both teams play patsies the week before. You may get 3-4 points, but that is it.

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I tend to like NC St here also, 7 1/2 would be real nice, but I don't think we'll see it

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

the line should be nc state -3 and the total 49