Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Thursday Night: Boston College @ Virginia Tech

This game opened with Boston College getting 3. Is this another case of the #2 going down? I haven't watched enough of Virginia Tech of late-but B.C. has great talent on both sides of the ball. That being said I'm really not sure about Va Tech-how much does Vince Hall not being there hurt? Hokie nation fill me in on the inside edge.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by Bet The House View Post
    This game opened with Boston College getting 3. Is this another case of the #2 going down? I haven't watched enough of Virginia Tech of late-but B.C. has great talent on both sides of the ball. That being said I'm really not sure about Va Tech-how much does Vince Hall not being there hurt? Hokie nation fill me in on the inside edge.
    as a student of an acc school, ive seen a decent share of both schools and would be suprised if bc won this one AT vt. the only "good" teams that bc has played are a sporadic ga tech team and wake forest at home in the first game of the year.

not to mention that unranked favs are a solid bet this season against ranked dogs

VolinArizona
    VolinArizona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

HFA for VT on Thursday night = 7 points or thereabouts.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Man...what a tough game this one is. If Boston College can establish a running came with Callender and Whitworth to make life eaiser for Ryan, the Eagles have a good chance in this game. I think BC's defense should be able to hold the VT offense in check. I'm going to lay off this game, and watch as a fan. GO EAGLES.

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

I ended up betting on USF to beat Rutgers, I think because I wanted USF to win. I want BC to win this game and think betting on them will be making the same mistake I made last week even though they are getting 3.5 right now.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

leaning towards VT if goes to 3 ,both have good run D (BC better)
    BC bad against the pass, So i hope VT can make few good passes,and use home field to keep them going...
    Also going with the #2 jinx..
    Last edited by masr; 10-23-07 at 12:50 AM.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a real tough game to call and I likely will only play the total depending on where it falls. I think Va.Tech is gonna get alot of play on this because the media is pounding to death how no one wins in Blacksburg and how the #2 team the last couple weeks has been KO'ed. The line movement for this game should be fascinating by Thursday.

BravoWhiskey
    BravoWhiskey's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are a few angles to follow that will affect the outcome of this one. VT's offense has major offensive line issues, and that has been evident in their inability to get a running game going. Additionally, they have handed over the QB reigns to true freshman Tyrod Taylor. Taylor is a supremely talented player, but he is a true freshman and thus prone to mistakes. Virginia Tech does have the revenge angle going for them as they were manhandled in Chestnut Hill last season. I'm an ACC guy and I've watched both of these teams. It is my belief that the BC Offense will be the best unit of either team on the field. Virginia Tech MUST find a way to run the ball, something they have been unable to do this season. If they rush for 150 yards, I believe they win the game. If not, BC will come out on top. This will be a tough task. Matt Ryan has established himself as the top QB in college football (at least in my mind he has) but he is a gunslinger. He'll try to fit balls into tight windows, and is successful much of the time. However, I have seen him throw 2 or 3 picks in a game by taking unnecessary chances. I'm going with a small play on BC +3.5, maybe 2 or 3 units. I think the game will be relatively low scoring, so the total might be the better play. I haven't seen a total yet, so I don't know. I actually think the other Thursday night game is far more attractive from a betting standpoint. I REALLY like Air Force getting 6 at New Mexico.

sikballplaya24
    sikballplaya24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BravoWhiskey View Post
    There are a few angles to follow that will affect the outcome of this one. VT's offense has major offensive line issues, and that has been evident in their inability to get a running game going. Additionally, they have handed over the QB reigns to true freshman Tyrod Taylor. Taylor is a supremely talented player, but he is a true freshman and thus prone to mistakes. Virginia Tech does have the revenge angle going for them as they were manhandled in Chestnut Hill last season. I'm an ACC guy and I've watched both of these teams. It is my belief that the BC Offense will be the best unit of either team on the field. Virginia Tech MUST find a way to run the ball, something they have been unable to do this season. If they rush for 150 yards, I believe they win the game. If not, BC will come out on top. This will be a tough task. Matt Ryan has established himself as the top QB in college football (at least in my mind he has) but he is a gunslinger. He'll try to fit balls into tight windows, and is successful much of the time. However, I have seen him throw 2 or 3 picks in a game by taking unnecessary chances. I'm going with a small play on BC +3.5, maybe 2 or 3 units. I think the game will be relatively low scoring, so the total might be the better play. I haven't seen a total yet, so I don't know. I actually think the other Thursday night game is far more attractive from a betting standpoint. I REALLY like Air Force getting 6 at New Mexico.
    Yes i agree with everything you said above. I would like to add, If they are going to win they need to establish good rushing yards, however BC has only allowed 46.9 ypg this year so far on the ground.

325 yards rushing allowed (1st in ncaa) 445 next nearest team.
    19 INT (1st in ncaa)

vs a very poor VT offense

BC 24 - 13
    Last edited by sikballplaya24; 10-24-07 at 10:40 PM.

Likes_to_win
    Likes_to_win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Going with the over 43. I think both teams are playing for their season. Mistakes from either teams will lead to immediate or quick scores for their opponent's defenses, particularly VTech's. I'm also trusting the laws of variance in that each team's good defense won't be as good as they usually are. BC has 46.9 ypg rush yards allowed. I'm thinking there will be more rushing yards than that from VTech.

GL everyone.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking a 6 point teaser of Boston College +9 and Fresno State +9