TonyDiamond
    TonyDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saturday CFB "Best Bet"

Nevada –7.0 over Utah State

I am hard pressed to figure how this line is only 1 TD….Utah State is a very bad football team. They are winless this year and the high hopes of improvement over last years 7 win season is down the drain. The high expectations came from the fact that they were returning 11 starters on defense, that certainly shouldn’t have gotten anybody’s hopes up as that defense gave up an average of 39.0 point per game last year. This year they are giving up 36.3, not much of an improvement I would say. They would have been better off losing the 11 defensive starters and going with all freshman….As a home dog they are 4-10 over the past 4 years and 0-2 this year. They lost this game last year at Nevada “42-0” and now they are only a 7 point dog?….Sorry but I just don’t get it….They have only put up over 20 points in one game this year and that was last week against Hawaii, which with the style of play of Hawaii, most teams can put up some numbers against them. Excluding last weeks 37 point output, they are averaging only 15.0 points of offense per game this season. Nevada is averaging 517.7 yards per game while Utah State is averaging nearly half of that with 264 per game. Nevada holds a big edge in the rushing and passing stats as they are averaging 224.8 on the ground to Utah St’s 125.0…The edge in the passing game is 292 to 139….Utah is getting outscored in home games this year 19 to 43.
    They have both played basically the same strength of schedule but Nevada is putting up 34 points per game to Utah States 18..Utah State lost to at home to UNLV by 7, while Nevada beat Unlv by 7. There are two very impressive trends favoring Nevada also, They figure to win this game SU and when they win straight up, they are 36-3 against the spread. Under coach Ault, they are 17-3 ATS when installed as a favorite….Both of these teams are capable of giving up some points, but the big edge Nevada has on offense should make this a 2 TD win for the Wolf Pack….
    Nevada 40 Utah State 27

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

7 too many points

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDiamond View Post
    Nevada –7.0 over Utah State

I am hard pressed to figure how this line is only 1 TD….Utah State is a very bad football team. They are winless this year and the high hopes of improvement over last years 7 win season is down the drain. The high expectations came from the fact that they were returning 11 starters on defense, that certainly shouldn’t have gotten anybody’s hopes up as that defense gave up an average of 39.0 point per game last year. This year they are giving up 36.3, not much of an improvement I would say. They would have been better off losing the 11 defensive starters and going with all freshman….As a home dog they are 4-10 over the past 4 years and 0-2 this year. They lost this game last year at Nevada “42-0” and now they are only a 7 point dog?….Sorry but I just don’t get it….They have only put up over 20 points in one game this year and that was last week against Hawaii, which with the style of play of Hawaii, most teams can put up some numbers against them. Excluding last weeks 37 point output, they are averaging only 15.0 points of offense per game this season. Nevada is averaging 517.7 yards per game while Utah State is averaging nearly half of that with 264 per game. Nevada holds a big edge in the rushing and passing stats as they are averaging 224.8 on the ground to Utah St’s 125.0…The edge in the passing game is 292 to 139….Utah is getting outscored in home games this year 19 to 43.
    They have both played basically the same strength of schedule but Nevada is putting up 34 points per game to Utah States 18..Utah State lost to at home to UNLV by 7, while Nevada beat Unlv by 7. There are two very impressive trends favoring Nevada also, They figure to win this game SU and when they win straight up, they are 36-3 against the spread. Under coach Ault, they are 17-3 ATS when installed as a favorite….Both of these teams are capable of giving up some points, but the big edge Nevada has on offense should make this a 2 TD win for the Wolf Pack….
    Nevada 40 Utah State 27
    That is too many points and I think Utah State may pull off the upset. I do not taking a team such Nevada after covering the prior week against Boise St. It has hard to bet on the same team back to back weeks and for me seven points is a lot. Nevada defense is really weak.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony,

I'm with you on this game. I think nevada wins by at least 3 td's. I'm laying the house and the kids college on this one.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i don't see no letdown for Nevada. that stick-kid of a QB was impressive against Boise St., at Boise St. that kid was throwing bombs down field on the run off his back foot, and rushing for mass yards.