bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you bet Ivy League football you might want to read this

I personally don't bet Ivy League football at all, but there are a few books that do offer lines on there games, so I thought I'd post this little tid bit for all you bettors of this league.

From sidelines to center stage: Harvard fullback thinking about opera career

BOSTON -- Harvard senior fullback Noah Van Niel plans to trade the gridiron for the opera stage after the Crimson's season finale this year.

The tenor has apprenticed in Florence, Italy, and New York and says he's ready to see how far his talent can carry him. This fall, he'll audition for postgraduate programs in vocal performance.

The bruising sport and the singing art both involve mastering certain skills and both inspire nervousness and self-doubt about performing for large crowds, Van Niel told The Boston Globe.

And while the Harvard football playbook may be complex, opera playbooks come in English, Italian, German and French. "You've got to know them like the back of your hand," says Van Niel, who has taken two years of college Italian.

On the football field, Van Niel scored the first two touchdowns of his college career last weekend when Harvard defeated Lafayette, 27-17. On the likelihood of his football career ending, he notes that playing college football is "four more years than most people get."

He isn't Harvard's first operatic football player. Ray Hornblower, a halfback on the school's unbeaten 1968 team, is a lyric tenor who has performed throughout Europe.

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet Ivy League football and FCS in general a lot, but I don't see what this article by JohnPowers in Today's Boston Globehas anything to do with betting.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i agree with Taurus, it says he will play the remainder of the year, so that shouldn't effect the team, cause there not losing him this season. i don't bet on Ivy football, but i do bet on Ivy basketball sometimes, i made a lot of money last year betting on Penn.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Dan, what books offer Ivy league lines?

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by NEP Dynasty View Post
    Dan, what books offer Ivy league lines?
    BetUS and 5Dimes offer them I know. I'm not sure who else does though off hand.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I thought Greek use to?

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

pinny used to do they not now? and greek would put them out late on friday i think but havnt seen them this year. used to make good money arbing these with pinny and a book called goto entertainment

bigboydan

I know Pinnacle use to last year, but I don't think they offer them this year though.