bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dave Wannstedt-OUT this week ???

Did you guys catch this story today.

This is probably a great thing for Pitt backers this week.

Wannstedt misses practice because of torn Achilles

PITTSBURGH -- The latest addition to Pitt's already long injury list is coach Dave Wannstedt.

Wannstedt missed practice Tuesday after tearing his left Achilles tendon earlier in the day, requiring surgery that took place several hours after he was hurt.

The injury may prevent Wannstedt from being on the sideline Saturday for No. 23 Cincinnati's game at Pitt. The Panthers (2-4) have lost four straight games. Wannstedt may coach the game from the press box.

Pitt has had a long string of injuries that began when wide receiver Derek Kinder, the team's top returning offensive player, badly injured a knee on the first day of contact work during preseason camp. Kinder is sitting out the season.

Starting quarterback Bill Stull injured a thumb in the Sept. 1 season opener and has yet to return.

Wannstedt, a former Pitt offensive linemen, coached the Chicago Bears and Miami Dolphins before being hired by Pitt in December 2004. He has a 13-16 record.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

My opinions on Dave Wannstedt are well documented on this website. He destroys everything he comes in contact with. I sure hope they get a win if he does remain sidelined. If he's there, then I hope they lose.

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

He was a fine dfensive coordinator for the Cowboys under Johnson, but as a head coach he's been brutal.
    Seems like a nice enough guy. I kinda feel sorry for him.

gman8203
    gman8203's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being a Syracuse Orange Fan, Wannstedt keeps us from having the worst coach in the big east, how can he loose with all the talent they have???? He's gone at the end of this year anyhow.

Tricky
    Tricky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by taurus View Post
    He was a fine dfensive coordinator for the Cowboys under Johnson, but as a head coach he's been brutal.
    Seems like a nice enough guy. I kinda feel sorry for him.
    Change "defensive" to "offensive" and it'd still be true. Of course you'd be talking about Norv, though.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is probably a great thing for Pitt backers this week.
    I hope so!

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Change "defensive" to "offensive" and it'd still be true. Of course you'd be talking about Norv, though.
    Gotcha. Right you are.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are better off if he stays home...

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

He should be out for MORE than just his achillies. He's an awful coach.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Wannstedt may coach the game from the press box."

Either way Pit is losing here!!!