bueller
    bueller's Avatar Become A Pro!

UNLV -2.5 vs. Colorado State THOUGHTS!!!!!

I am looking this over and not sure why this is at -2.5? Here are the top trends which are even more leaning towards UNLV.

UNLV 2-4 losses to Wisconsin, Hawaii, @ Nevada, @ Air Force, and BYU.

CSU- 0-6 losses to @ Colorado, Cal., @ Houston, @TCU, San Diego St., Air Force.

Top Trends for this game.
    COLORADO ST is 2-9 ATS against conference opponents over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO ST is 4-12 ATS when playing on a Saturday over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO ST is 1-8 ATS after playing a conference game over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO ST is 0-8 ATS off a loss against a conference rival over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO ST is 0-9 ATS after 2 or more consecutive straight up losses over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO ST is 41-24 ATS in October games since 1992.

UNLV is 39-60 ATS when playing on a Saturday since 1992.

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Two really bad teams, even though UNLV is the slightly better of the two. However, CSU is due for a win. I probably would avoid this game.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure what to really make of this game now that Sonny Lubick mentioned he's considering retiring before the end of the year.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a friend who loves CSU here. I'll let him win this one by himself.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

I realize that past performance never dictates future results, but I've watched the entirety of a few CSU games now and while they play like shit, they don't really seem like an 0-6 team. I compare the situation to watching a coin get flipped 6 times in a row and heads coming up each time. Heads and tails are still 50/50 for flip number 7, but try to convince yourself that tails isn't due to come up. I'm going with the rams' tail this week, Colorado State to win in Sin City.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

hmm...of all the games, this is the one that has peaked your interest? One of the worst games on the board especially with UNLV's QB situation.

Here is a system that has identified UNLV as the play.

Play On - A home team (UNLV) - average rushing team (3.5 to 4.3 YPR) against a team with a poor rushing defense (4.3 to 4.8 YPR), after gaining 100 or less rushing yards last game.
    (45-16 over the last 10 seasons.) (73.8%, +27.4 units. Rating = 3*)

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Quote Originally Posted by bueller View Post
    I am looking this over and not sure why this is at -2.5? Here are the top trends which are even more leaning towards UNLV.

UNLV 2-4 losses to Wisconsin, Hawaii, @ Nevada, @ Air Force, and BYU.

CSU- 0-6 losses to @ Colorado, Cal., @ Houston, @TCU, San Diego St., Air Force.

Top Trends for this game.
    COLORADO ST is 2-9 ATS against conference opponents over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO ST is 4-12 ATS when playing on a Saturday over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO ST is 1-8 ATS after playing a conference game over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO ST is 0-8 ATS off a loss against a conference rival over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO ST is 0-9 ATS after 2 or more consecutive straight up losses over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO ST is 41-24 ATS in October games since 1992.

UNLV is 39-60 ATS when playing on a Saturday since 1992.
    They are also undeafeated on games played on Mondays and in June games. What does the record on the day or month has to do with this year's team in helping me decide who to pick?:

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once again... I will be fading my Colorado State rams.
    We have to many injuries. We just lost out safety Kubiak for the season. They have no support from the campus.
    Sunny Lubick is being called to step down by a lot of the alum.
    Trends are N/A here IMO.
    This is not a very good game to put time/thought into.
    The only trend that makes sense to me here is that the CSU rams are 0-6 SU and 1-5 ATS. thay have lost like 12 straight dating back to last season (isn't this the longest losing streak in NCAAF?) and fading them has been profitable.

BOL
    Last edited by bmac; 10-18-07 at 08:15 AM. Reason: I don't know how to spelll