Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Hemlocks week 8 picks (13-13, YTD +2 units)

I was doing good until last weekend. I should rebound this week. I usually do. I should have listen to BuddyBear last week..... Here we go

Wake -3 *3 units*

Ball St -1 * 3 units*

UAB +14 *2 units*
    Upset ML *1 units*

Sooners -28 * 3 units*
    1st Half -17 *1 unit*

Central Michigan +17 *2 units*
    Upset ML * 1 units*

Penn State -7 *3 units*

Michigan -2.5 *3 units*
    Last edited by Hemlock21; 10-17-07 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Updates

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL to you this week hemlock...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Trust me Hemlock, I am as upset about the way things turned out last week. I was actually hoping we both could have good weeks and unfortunately it does not appear that either of us did. In any event, it is time to focus on this week.

I don't have much of an opinion on any of the games you have. The Wake game should be interesting. On paper, WF may have an edge but after a tough national tv game against a rival they step out of the ACC and face a well coached Navy team. This game means much much more to Navy than it does to WF. I really expect Navy to play very well and even though Navy's defense has struggled this year I don't know if WF's offense is developed enough to take advantage of that.

Good luck bro....

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I'm not sure about that Navy game either. I won't play that one. However, I like your Ball St. and Central Michigan plays. Central Michigan has really turned it around of late. The first year head coach might finally be getting comfortable with what he has out there. GL this week.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

NAVY +3 for me BOL Hemlock

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyway to get Navy over +3 and I would do it (juice that 1/2)

Hemlock21

I will try to post atleast a couple of write-ups per week.

Penn State -7 Defensively…Penn St has been tough this season, limiting their opponents to just 12 points per game. The run defense is allowing just 80 yards per game. Offensively…..they have a balanced attack that is averaging close to 200 yards on the ground and 200 through the air. That’s impressive. Penn is also scoring 30 points per game. Hoosiers got exposed last weekend for nearly 600 yards of total offense and a whooping 368 yards on the ground to Mich St. The Hoosiers have never beaten Penn State in school history and I don’t see that trend changing this Saturday. Look for the Hoosiers to lose again by double digits.

Sooners -28 This game is a no brainer but the real question is by how much. Iowa State simply can’t score points posting a 3 spot against Texas at home last week. Oklahoma is more than capable of dominating the Cyclones just as the Long Horns did last weekend. Look for that 10 game winning streak to be extended this Saturday. Lay the big points with the Sooners this weekend.

Wake -3 Navy’s weakness is their defense. They cannot stop the run or the pass giving up close to 200 yards on the ground and 250 yards through the air. They gave up 230 yards on the ground to Pitt last week and should have lost that game. Dumb Dave W. blew it for Pitt and should have gotten fired after that game. Navy most certainly can run the ball but that’s exactly what Wake’s defense is made for stopping the run. They can’t get to the quarterback or force turnovers either. Bad match up for Navy in my opinion. Take the team with the better run defense in this one. Wake wins by a touchdown in this one.

Hemlock21

Added play

Oklahoma/Iowa State Over 57 *2 units*

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4207

I have nothing on your sides, but do like the UNDER in two of your picks.

I like the UNDER 62.5 in that Wake Forest game, and the UNDER 62 in that Central Michigan game.

Good luck this week.