capri5421
    capri5421's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama's spring game, 4.17.2010

Just wondering, if anyone seen Bama's spring game this past saturday. I watched the frist 3 quater's, the team is loaded. At QB, RB, O-line and WR's they looked real good . On Defense, fast. Couple of red shirt players are back and also injured. Hate to say it (love the Gators) Alabama should roll. NC or Bust for them.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Their two RB's, Ingram and Richardson, did very well. The entire offense looked great. It is going to be up to the defense. If they can gell, 'Bama will have a great chance of repeating. The problem is that without a playoff system, one loss can knock you out of the NC game, and it is tough to run the table in the SEC two years in a row, even though the SEC will go through a down year overall this season.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Capri, I am glad you thought well of their performance because I wasnt sure how I felt. I watched it but felt a little disappointed in the end but that is just the pessimistic fan in me coming out I guess. Regardless I do believe it will be a good year for Bama (praying for schedule relief but not sure how likely that will be).

daroots21
    daroots21's Avatar Become A Pro!

'Bama should be great again this year as long as they have Saban the rich will get richer.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I wonder how they can get some schedule relief. It is a little late in the game for that. It would be nice if this happened, but I do not see how it can.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Oh i agree but I keep reading that sometime in May the SEC may move some things around so we will see. Got to keep the faith bigdaddy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I wonder how they can get some schedule relief. It is a little late in the game for that. It would be nice if this happened, but I do not see how it can.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I too would love to see the schedule evened out, however we all know that should that take place and Bama repeated there will be numerous people who will cry favorable treatment.so I see it as a slippery slope.....ROLL TIDE!!!

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    I too would love to see the schedule evened out, however we all know that should that take place and Bama repeated there will be numerous people who will cry favorable treatment.so I see it as a slippery slope.....ROLL TIDE!!!
    Id rather see us win back 2 back and just listen to the people bitching about favorable treatment but yes you are correct

RMFT

rwsmith
    rwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone calls me crazy but mark it down!!!!!Alabama's defense will be just as good as the defense last year....we will see no dropoff because of young talent...the front seven will take pressure off the inexperienced secondary.. but i dont know if they need pressure taken off them...#10 fulton i think was all over recievers and mark barron is a beast as well as kirkpatrick...Not to mention the unbelievable clock control the offense should have with ingram and richardson which should open up the passing game as well... But who knows....What are the chances of running the table in the sec regular season 3 years in a row...Should be interesting ....WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT BOISE IN 2010

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

can someone explain the "schedule relief" that the SEC is looking at? I haven't heard of it

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

yes they play like 6 teams coming off a bye week next year. Brutal!

rwsmith

This had been the case in the past and the future...I Guess thats what happens when you become the team to beat..everyone wants a bye before your game.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

ROLL TIDE ROLLLLLLL. My dad and brother went to Alabama. I am extremely biased so I usually dont bet on them

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Talnted. That is an excellet way of avoiding huge losses and avoiding wagering with your heart, and not your head.

RWSmith. I think Bosie State has a better chance of going to the BCS Championship game than any other team. That is because of their schedule. They do play a highly regarded Va. Tech team in Landover, which is basically a home game for Va. Tech. They also face a respected Oregon State team at home. The rest of their schedule is a walkover, including all of their conference games. The ONLY potential loss I can see is their game at Nevada, and that is a longshot, at best. Every other team that should be seriously considered for a possible title run has a tougher schedule. Boise State has proven itself in tow BCS Games. The non-BCS teams have fared well in BCS games. If Boise State is the only, or one of two teams that goes undefeated in the regular season, I do not see how you can exclude them from the NC game, without all hell breaking loose. Now if we have two BCS teams or more that go undefeated, everything changes.

Kustac

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    so by "schedule relief" they would change this up and not let everyone have bye weeks before playing them?

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

the SEC said they would look into it. Probably minor relief if any. We will see

cjewell83
    cjewell83's Avatar Become A Pro!

in my opinion boise will lose there first game of the season thus ending there season. roll tide

Kustac

so the SEC didn't realize this when they were putting the schedule together??? do they let a group of blind monkeys just place blocks with the teams names on them or something???

capri5421
    capri5421's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capri, I am glad you thought well of their performance because I wasnt sure how I felt. I watched it but felt a little disappointed in the end but that is just the pessimistic fan in me coming out I guess. Regardless I do believe it will be a good year for Bama (praying for schedule relief but not sure how likely that will be).
    I believe they will roll thru this schedule, Bama is A great coached team, on the offensive / defensive side of the ball. I will start breaking them down hard come JULY.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Their defense is very questionable. Just like USC found out last year, you just do not plug in 10 new players on defense and expect the same results you got the previous year. I think the SEC will be down this year, especially in the East, so 'Bama should not have any problems winning the conference, but going undefeated is another story.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Saban struggled coming off a National Title at LSU. It will be interesting how he handle Bama

Vince Lombardi
    Vince Lombardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19401

Saban won't struggle at Bama. Not next year anyway.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Havent looked at the schedule, but, if they play 6 teams coming off a bye week then it will be very difficult to win every game next year...

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Saban struggled coming off a National Title at LSU. It will be interesting how he handle Bama

Yea but that was LSwho! Not really a true power house program ....maybe past few years but not a true program.

LSUcks

rwsmith

Just remember...Dont count that defense out...may have lost 9 starters...but that defense had way more than 11 starters. They can only start the game with 11 but many many returning players played starting amounts of time

crimson_seadog
    crimson_seadog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    This had been the case in the past and the future...I Guess thats what happens when you become the team to beat..everyone wants a bye before your game.
    Everyone calls me crazy but mark it down!!!!!Alabama's defense will be just as good as the defense last year.
    They won't be as good to start the season but the new guys will be more talented than the guys last year. The secondary will begin as the weakest link but by the end of the season it will be one of the stronger links.

As far as the bye-week thing, that is the bitter to go along with the sweet. The sweet being that while a bye-week gives teams time to rest and prepare, it also tends to counter the "prepare" part. A week off makes teams lose mental focus. It's up to the coaches to make sure they stay motivated.