TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I believe Colorado is the pick

The Gambler here giving his 2 cents on the KU/CO game this weekend. As much as I hate to say it, I will have my money on the Buffs this week and feel pretty good about getting 4.5 points in this game at home. KU has has some bad luck at Boulder over the years and I believe that this game should be around a pickem. I look for this game to come down to the last possession and a field goal should settle this game. I will be in Vegas cheering on KU to win by 3 points!!!! That way I can have the best of both worlds!!!

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colorado by a touchdown

I have to agree with your pick. This has all the signs of an upset. If Colorado wins, this is not an upset. When Colorado beat Oklahoma, that was an upset. This is a matchup about two evenly matched teams but I will go with COlorado at home. I also do not like the added pressure to win that is placed on Kansas.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

kansas has had a pretty easy schedule to date.

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Gambler, when are going to finally buy in that this KU is pretty good. Trust me, being from MO\KS, I know the typically KU football fans thoughts. "This is too good to be true, we are going to lose next week, we love basketball". I was at the KSU\KU game and KU is the real deal. Although KSU I still feel should have won that game (turnovers, start of the game, etc.), KU was the better team and has a superior coach against almost anyone (even though 1 more pizza for him is like russian roulette). With that being said, KSU just destroyed CU. That should equate to a KU victory here. I for one, however, never win betting with or against the Univ. of Kansas and have sworn myself never to do it again. GL this week. I absolutely love Missouri again this week. Laid off them against OU, but feel they could beat TT by 14 or more. TT is a much different team outside of Lubbock and Columbia has all the sudden become a real snake pit. MU fans are very fair weather fans, but when they are winning, its a nasty place to play.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I think Kansas at -4 is a steal. I expect them to beat Colorado by a couple TD's.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

hey emat. don't get me wrong, i really do believe the KU team is a very talented squad but I also believe that CU is not that far off position to position. KU has struggled in Manhattan and they found a way to win this year. they have also struggled in Boulder, but I just see this game coming down to the last possession. i agree that KU has the better coach but there is a lot of added pressure to stay undefeated and that sometimes results in a few mishaps during a game, especially on the road.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know yet if I will bet this game, but I have been following Colorado pretty closely. They have some serious talent on both the team and the coaching staff, and there seems to be an unusually positive attitude in Boulder this season. It seems strange, but with a win, Colorado is back in a tie for the lead in the Big 12 North. I believe the Buffs might at least keep this one, at home, real close.

On the other hand, Kansas is 3-0 both SU and ATS in their last three games. Over the season so far, Kansas' offense has gained 515 yards per game and has scored 50.3 points per game, and Kansas has held their opponents to 240 yards and 9.5 points per game. Dang! They haven't really played much of a schedule -- except for Kansas State -- but still ....

So ... I'm thinking about this one. I probably will sit it out.
    Last edited by regularguy; 10-17-07 at 01:59 AM.

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

I have elected to pretty much sit out every KU game, which was a huge lost oppurtunity this year. However, I think the play on this game is no play again. KU is by far the better complete team, but I do agree the added pressure may jump them at some point or least create a very close game here. Why sweat this play when there is easier stuff out there? Good luck gambler. By the way, I homered the KU\KSU game after saying I was laying off. That is what a bottle of wine will do to you late Friday night. Got most of back on the CU game last week though. I would go against the Cats this weekend at OSU. Go against the Chiefs as well this weekend. Big on MU.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I think you are right gambler...