rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Worst game on the board for week 8 ....

Nebraska -2 over A&M. How could anyone in their right mind back either team right now? Both teams have completely quit this season, and both are in need of a coaching change. I wouldn't put 2 cents on either side. Both teams have no heart, and Franchione and Callahan are equally inept.
    Last edited by rjt721; 10-14-07 at 09:45 PM.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

coin flip, I agree

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Well the payout is still the same if you get it right....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5707

I actually thought I would be playing Nebraska again this week, but I also came up with A&M as a play. So no need to bet that game.

I would give the slight edge to Nebraska since they are at home, but still staying away from this game.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

completely agree rjt...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I have bet games between two garbage teams before as the value usually lies with the dog, logic being that the favorite should not be laying points to anyone. In fact, I cashed a ticket this year with Buffalo U + vs. Temple.

That said, anything less than a field goal is not worth it, so as of now I agree, stay away from this garbage. I do reserve the right to change my mind though if I could get A&M +4 or so.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I am going to wait to see what Coach Fran says on his newsletter before I make a play on this game. If he gives the green light, I am going to make a huge play on TXAM...if he expresses some reservations about the state of his team I'll probably play Nebraska. I'll wait though to get his insights first before pulling the trigger.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8040

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    I am going to wait to see what Coach Fran says on his newsletter before I make a play on this game. If he gives the green light, I am going to make a huge play on TXAM...if he expresses some reservations about the state of his team I'll probably play Nebraska. I'll wait though to get his insights first before pulling the trigger.
    I agree w/t BB better to wait on coach Fran-foney's letter, what great character he has!!!!!!

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I have bet games between two garbage teams before as the value usually lies with the dog, logic being that the favorite should not be laying points to anyone. In fact, I cashed a ticket this year with Buffalo U + vs. Temple.
    It's not that both teams are garbage, it's that both have completely given up. How could you possibly get a read on what team will show up? The A&M players know Franchione's gone after the season, and Nebraska just fired their AD, the D-coordinator's not far behind, and Callahan's job is also in serious jeopardy. It seems to me that if you're playing a side in this game, you're basically betting on which team you feel has packed it in less.

The winner of this game should play Pitt for the inept coach/no heart championship.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

USC-Notre Dame will be boring to watch. Two overhyped underachieving teams that are bettors worst nightmare this year.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29802

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    USC-Notre Dame will be boring to watch. Two overhyped underachieving teams that are bettors worst nightmare this year.
    As far as I'm concerned, ND has not underachieved in the last 3 games with covers vs Purdue, UCLA, and BC. Knowing (or maybe guessing ) when to start backing them has me 3-0 on ND games. As the old saying goes, It's not whether you win or lose, it whether you cover the spread.

Sam Rothstein
    Sam Rothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    It's not that both teams are garbage, it's that both have completely given up. How could you possibly get a read on what team will show up? The A&M players know Franchione's gone after the season, and Nebraska just fired their AD, the D-coordinator's not far behind, and Callahan's job is also in serious jeopardy. It seems to me that if you're playing a side in this game, you're basically betting on which team you feel has packed it in less.

The winner of this game should play Pitt for the inept coach/no heart championship.

I think Houston Nutt has already locked his spot in the inept coach championship