what a bonehead play by Cal qb

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am convinced the coaches and players have no idea

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

i hope michigan blow out ohio st. that'll show those bcs people that their ranking system is ****ed up

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I think the BCS people know it is... I hope OSU stays #1 personally so I can get a higher ML and a sh*t load of points like last year... Also like last year since they won't come in seasoned they will get waxed...

As far as the Cal/OrSt. I think coaches and players should do something called "game management"... I used to preach this to our staff but it always seemed like someone had a Notre Dame, a buffalo lodge meeting, or something stupid like that... What I am talking about is watching a game or a days worth of games as a team, coaching staff, or both and coach it amoung each other as if we are calling the game...

Last edited by ShamsWoof10; 10-13-07 at 10:56 PM.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

This is why college football is such a joke. Ohio State whips up on Kent State, Youngstown State, and the weak Big Ten (which I grew up a fan of mind you), and is rewarded with the number one ranking as a result. They'll get waxed in their bowl game again, but you hate to see someone like LSU (even though they have the biggest asshole fans in the game) get punished for losing in triple overtime after playing a series of tough opponents in consecutive weeks. I'd put South Florida #1...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

13 more days of OSU, then it will be either LSU or OU #1 again.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ohio St should not be number 1

LSU or Florida woud be at 10 point favs

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2587

OSU and BC schedules have been pathetic so far. The voters need to do the right thing and put USF #1

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

LSU is still the best team in the country, and they might still crack the Top 2 by year's end. Remember the first BCS rankings come out today I think, so it is not a given that South Florida and BC will be 2/3, as the AP poll is just one fragment of the BCS ranking.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Instead of wins they should award points to teams during regular season. The biggest the spread is for the game the lesser the points awarded. Noone will schedule easy games because they won't win maximum points. No polls, no voting all this is useless.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Forida is #2 in the AP and #3 in the USA Today poll. LSU fell to 5th in both polls while Ohio State is number one in both polls.

The BCS will be released later today.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am glad the voters punished USC for just getting by Arizona (20-13) The Trojans fell to 13th in the AP

Michigan cracked the top 25 in the AP (24th)

12th ranked Arizona State recieved a first place vote in the AP poll. I found that rather weird.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

How about a matchup of BC vs. USF in the championship game....i think the network executives would love that.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

They could do what the High School's do around here and have computer points to determine ties...

I have watched the Warriors Drunkin' but I have also watched the Buckeyes and if you are going to put a one or more loss team ahead of the Warriors then they should also be ahead of Ohio State... As long as it is consistant...

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    How about a matchup of BC vs. USF in the championship game....i think the network executives would love that.
    since both of these teams are in my "field" bet i'd be happy that they play each other for the championship, just hope it's not on monopoly night tho....