BigDog
    BigDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Terrible officiating in the Neb/Mich game!

Damn I can't count how many calls were missed in this game! Especially the "no" passing interference call @ the goal line with less than a minute in 4th against Neb......And of course the last play of game with the 8 laterals,how was there not a pennalty against Neb when their whole team was on field and the ball is still alive?

Also,if that Mich guy would've tossed it back 1 more time @ the 15 yrd line the Wolverines would've won because he had 2 teammates right behind him and zero Neb defenders to tackle them.Why in the hell did the Mich guy get tackled without throwing the ball backwards anyway?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Michigan should of just scored more points and they wouldnt of had to worry about that crap. Sorry, just suck in Atlanta and happy Michigan lost. Them overrated big10 bastards.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

BigDog,
    I was at the game and yes, the no-call on 4th down was a bad no-call alrhough the ball was behind the player. It was catchable so there should of been a flag.

Overall it was a well officiated game at least I thought. Neb got a bad call on the personal foul/interferance late. Mich was hurt by not getting a fumble on I think the first drive.

Very exciting game that Mich should of won easily. Mich has a very large talent advantage.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lloyd Carr blows...so does Callahan...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wonder how many more chances Lloyd Carr will get at Michigan. this guy gets all the top talent and, screws it up every year it seems like.

jomar
    jomar's Avatar Become A Pro!

in addition to the missed pass interferences, how about Lloyd having to use two timeouts to get these guys to take a look at replays. the Nebraska TD that was overturned and the Henne fumble that was not overturned. A coach should not have to burn a TO to have the booth look at the replay. You knew these timeouts would come back to kill Michigan.

what about the 15-20 the refs wasted spotting the ball before Nebraska's final punt? they spotted the ball, then just stood there for some unknown reason before starting the play clock.

maybe if you were at the game, these things weren't obvious, but Herbstreit and Tirico were practically laughing at these guys making the calls.

I'd say Nebraska had just a couple too many men on the field on the last play.

many more bad calls too. the punt interference on Nebraska was horrible. and the Nebraska INT in the end zone that was originally ruled OB was obviously inbounds, yet the ref standing 10 feet away was positive it wasn't a catch. these guys were clearly guessing at the calls.

jomar
    jomar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought for a second the refs might have money on the Nebraska money line but they clearly weren't bright enough for that.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

neither was i
    dammit

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't have a problem with the officials so much as with the replay booth - but, how there weren't any flags on that last play...

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

in addition to the missed pass interferences, how about Lloyd having to use two timeouts to get these guys to take a look at replays.
    In hindsight I have to agree. Michigan got more than their share of weak calls.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Man...i kind of felt sorry for Michigan and their fans that was a poorly officiated game. I mean you could have Jim Tressel, John L. Smith, and Charlie Weiss officiate the game and it may have been better. Even so, NEB should have still won the game b/c NEB made the big plays when it counted.

But let it be told that Michigan flat out blows. Recall last year OSU went into the Almo Bowl and destroyed a mediocre Oklahoma State team 33-7. This time around Michigan (who has the audacity to still consider themselves a national elite team) blows a DD fourth quarter lead to a team that is really slightly abvove average and Mich who opened as DD favorites on neutral site that was basically all NEB fans should tell you something. The truth is Mich is just an average team with losses to ND, Minn, Wisc, Ohio State, and now Nebraska.

I was on a few Mich forums last night and pretty much they were all calling for Loyd Carr's head oblivious to the fact that it wasn't Loyd who cost them the game but the players. Did Loyd miss a chip shot field goal? Did Loyd fumble the ball twice in the fourth quarter? Did Loyd drop a wide open 3rd down catch that would have resulted in a first and goal with less than 3 minutes to go.

I suspect Loyd Carr's days are numbered at Michigan but the truth is Mich, much like ND, lives off past glory in remind everyone how great they are (were). Expect some big changes in Ann Arbor.

By the way....anyone notice the Michigan booster disguised as a play-by-play announcer last night in Mike Tirico. Nevermind the fact that he lives in Ann Arbor and his biases were evident from the first snap of the game. Time to get real announcers.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tirico had a great call at the end of that game...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    Tirico had a great call at the end of that game...
    Yeah, I really enjoy games he calls.