Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Total dropping Hawaii game, weather concerns?

Anyone happen to be local? I can read reports off the net, was just curious if that had anything to do with this. Saw 67, CRIS and BetJM still have 67-, game opened at 72. I don't follow these guys all that well but sort of thought the total would rise before game time, not drop.

I know there is another thread similar but what's the consensus here on the game?

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

I live in San Jose. I'm on the southside. the game is being played north of here. It has been raining off and on all day. It has stopped now. the field is going to be wet for sure. I think it may rain a bit during the game but not all game.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rain is over rated, but I like seeing totals freak out because of it. Damn. I didn't think it would get to 67. I also think some people may be putting some stock into Brennan's ankle injury, which I don't get because his backup has already proven he fits into the system pretty well if he has to step in.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 10-12-07 at 06:41 PM.

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I'm seeing 67 everywhere now, I am jumping on the over.

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

well i already have over but i will now be taking it again let us all pray for scoring

Patrick McIrish

Thanks Moneyplays for the update.

As for the rain/wet field I agree with you Eagles, like injuries I think people often overcompensate for it. In fact many folks think it's an advantage for a passing team to have a wet field, the wide outs know where they are going, the corners are the one's that are trying to react. Of course there are limits, I'm sure a monsoon isn't great for overs, but a wet field might do the trick for us OVER bettors.

I play about 85% unders, not because they are better, I am just more comfortable playing them. This week though I looked at the weekday NCAAF action and played OVER each game. So far 2-0, yep got a little lucky last night, but hope this OVER makes it 3-0 for the week. We need touchdowns!!

Patrick McIrish

Hitting Hawaii -16 at BetJM and adding another unit on O67 while I am there. I feel like a square with this road chalk and over card but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

The field looks like a pig pasture. The game will be ugly; favors SJSU.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I completely passed on this game Pat.

In last years game the under was looking real good until SJST imploded late. Now grant it that the weather conditions were not like they will be tonight, but I just can't pull the trigger myself.

BOL Patty

Patrick McIrish

Thanks Dan. I usually pass on these games too but been running very good for a change, took a 1 unit play on Hawaii and over. Actually it's a 2 unit play on the over now, added another unit to my original bet.

Good luck tomorrow sir.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I bit on the over...does not look good even though both teams are moving the ball.

Patrick McIrish

Yeah, think we stepped on a rake here Buddy. Oh well, even if the game stays under I went 2-1 playing overs this week. Still not giving up though, maybe a HUGE 2nd half or overtime can save us, LOL.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

This field is too wet and sloppy.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

all's well that ends well....

Patrick McIrish

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    all's well that ends well....

Knock it off Bear, you know good and well we had it planned to go just like that.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Knock it off Bear, you know good and well we had it planned to go just like that.

yeah. I left at halftime and went out to dinner. Got a call from Pags and he told me the pace was picking up like crazy in the 2H. Came back and saw the final 5 minutes or so. What an ending....