iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

can the gamecocks be relevant this season?

can this be spurrier last season or do you think the gamecocks will be the dark horses on the sec? honestly i'm not sold on garcia and norwood is gone for the nfl

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

IMO Garcia is the achilles heal of the gamecocks.
    unless he is much improved I dont see them making a run for the SEC.
    they may be in the running for the East since there appears to be no dominate team in the East this yr.

jpowderly
    I have alzheimer's disease
    jpowderly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Spurrier is the Achilles heal of the gamecocks. He and his worthless son need to go.With all the talent he has had , nothing .Why do you think they can't get a quality QB . Spurrier is a jack ass and know body wants to play for him.

ijrod21i
    ijrod21i's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, they are buliding up a team down there and they'll do mediocre next year.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Very good question. One would think that if South Carolina is going to do anything in the SEC, this would be the year. They return 8 starters on offense including their entire backfield. They return 7 starters on defense including the entire secondary. Tennessee is going to be on a down year. Florida loses a ton of talent. Georgia has to find a starting QB. This is a senior laden team that had better do it this year, because they are going to get ripped by graduation next season. The biggest stumbling block is the schedule. They get the 3 A's from the SEC West. Alabama, Auburn and Arkansas. The good news is that two of those games ('Bama and Arkansas) are at home, along with home games against UGA and Tennessee.

For some reason, I am just not sold on Spurrier. I think this wil be his final year. With so many players leaving after this season, I can not see him hanging around for too much longer and going through yet another rebuilding scenario. This is probably the best team he has had, talent wise. Inconsistancy killed them last year. If they can get over that, they have a shot at really making some noise in th SEC. The problem is the history of late season collapses that plague this team. This year South Carolina ends the season hosting Tennessee, Arkansas, going to Florida, hosting Troy, and going to Clemson. Not a real good time for a late season collapse.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If they can upset a Georgia team that will have a new Qb and a new defense, then they could win the SEC East with 2 SEC losses, especially if one of those two loses isn't to Florida.

With Tennessee falling apart and UGA & UF reloading, if South Cack doesn't win the East this year they never will.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I totally agree. It is this year or who knows when for South Carolina.