Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Hawaii/san Jose Friday Night

What a night w/Navy!! Friday, I'm leaning heavily towards San Jose State. They're actually 10-1 SU last 11 at home.
    Colt Brennan is banged up and can forget the Heismann talk.
    It's on grass as well which might slow down the Hawaii spread a little too? National TV Game for San Jose...it has to be their Super Bowl and they'll be sky high!! They do have a returning QB back from last years 9-4 bowl winning team! Another stat is Hawaii WAC games are 15-4 Over in the last 3 years so maybe like Navy/Pitt...the over is the best play? Any feedback is appreciated!!

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    What a night w/Navy!! Friday, I'm leaning heavily towards San Jose State. They're actually 10-1 SU last 11 at home.
    Colt Brennan is banged up and can forget the Heismann talk.
    It's on grass as well which might slow down the Hawaii spread a little too? National TV Game for San Jose...it has to be their Super Bowl and they'll be sky high!! They do have a returning QB back from last years 9-4 bowl winning team! Another stat is Hawaii WAC games are 15-4 Over in the last 3 years so maybe like Navy/Pitt...the over is the best play? Any feedback is appreciated!!
    Latest on Colt is that he is okay. He will play at least 2 1/2 quarters. The backup quarterback looked good the last time out. Hawaii wins and covers the spread.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

how are the defenses for both teams??

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I think SJSU is the right side. I think the underdogs take the cash in all 3 primetime games during the week. I think WF is clearly the right side tomorrow...SJSU, yes, but am well aware of how good the Hawaii offense is and that is what has me hesistant.

I remember last year a game very similar to this. I had New Mexico State +19 against Hawaii and it was tied in the 4th quarter and Hawaii won by 19 on the road no less (no thanks to Hal Mummee's idiotic coaching moves). They scored in a matter of minutes. That's what is scary about betting against Hawaii....their offense can burn you quick. Still think though SJSU cashes this ticket.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I don't think it matters if they have Colt or not. It's June's system that puts them in position to run it up.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

GO SJ!!! Bay Area !!!! My hometown baby!

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

My alma mater so I'm taking SJSU.

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

SJST, I believe, will cover. They're better than any opponent that Hawaii has faced so far, and they're at home, on grass. If La. Tech can cover and almost beat Hawaii at home, I'm sure SJST can be competitive and make a game of it.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

With the SJST crowd!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I follow both teams very closely...SJSU started very slowly this year but has played much better their last two games...QB Tarfalis is starting to heat up and they are coached very well by Dick Tomey...RB Yonus Davis had two carries last week and I've handicapped this game as though he won't play...however, if he does, it will be a plus for SJSU bettors...Hawaii has some concerns with their running game (like 68 yards rushing last week vs. a poor USU defense) and their defense in general (gave up a ton of yards to both Idaho and USU the last two weeks...I do think Brennan will play, but this ankle injury has definitely affected his performance (5 INTs two weeks ago vs. Idaho)...SJSU also has a nice home field advantage ATS, especially in conference...I'm on SJSU and the points here...

paul Mordeeb
    paul Mordeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Feels like SJSU is the right side and I can feel the late money going on them!!! Will not bet this game but look forward to watching it! (by not betting i mean I will be on both sides trying to hit 18-24 on the spread)

alexhwang826
    alexhwang826's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    GO SJ!!! Bay Area !!!! My hometown baby!