LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Easy Winner If You Don't Mind Tying Up Your Money Until January>>>

Now you guys know I hate betting chalk, but this as safe a -600 play as I have seen in a long time, as I feel right odds should be closer to 15/1.

Ohio State wins BCS National Champ +450
    Field wins BCS National Champ -600

Despite their current ranking, Ohio State is not even one of the ten best teams in the country, and if they lose a game this year, they will not even play in the Championship Game.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't argue your stance on this wager at all LT. I agree 10000%

Which book is offering this wager?

LT Profits

5 Dimes

LT Profits

Matchbook has same bet at -680 (before fees) right now, so maybe you could try offering +550 or so there to see if anyone bites.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is a joke line. I wouldn't take them +600 against LSU in the national championship game, not that they'll get there anyway. I think PSU and Michigan will both beat them pretty handily.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Despite their current ranking, Ohio State is not even one of the ten best teams in the country, and if they lose a game this year, they will not even play in the Championship Game.

I agree it's a pretty damn safe bet...

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Also have to agree with this. Wish I had more $ to tie up there.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Yes fade the Buckeyes, clearly it has been a winning stance for 2 years now. You really can't be sure who they will play in the title game either, so what seems to be a "lock" could turn into a disaster really quick.

The Buckeye fade is not underground, it is very common.

LT Profits

dave,

Frankly, I don't think Ohio State has a chance over ANY of their potential opponents in the BCS except South Florida and/or Boston College, and I honestly don't think the Buckeyes will end up matched up with either of those teams, as too damn much would need to happen. Not to mention the fact that if the game were played now, Ohio State would not even be in it, which also makes the -600 on the No a cheap price.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, this is a pretty absurd bet

dave11486

dave,

Frankly, I don't think Ohio State has a chance over ANY of their potential opponents in the BCS except South Florida and/or Boston College, and I honestly don't think the Buckeyes will end up matched up with either of those teams, as too damn much would need to happen. Not to mention the fact that if the game were played now, Ohio State would not even be in it, which also makes the -600 on the No a cheap price.
    Sorry I disagree. Cal would get smoked by OSU. Yes, I said smoked. LSU would more than likely beat OSU, but they still have to get to the game which is no easy task with that SEC title game at the season's conclusion. OSU is much more powerful than people think. Sadly, everyone just assumes there's no difference b/w last year and this year. Well there's a huge one. We have a shut down defense and a somewhat competent offense (needs some work, but has tons of potential). When Tressel has a defense, he is dangerous, and I'm just warning you. Why bet this? I almost love seeing this prop b/c I know people are hammering the field and it makes you wonder if the joke is on Vegas or the joke is on us the bettor.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

well i don't know if Cal would get smoked by OSU as we saw what happened last year to OSU in the championsip game but I think OSU is very talented. It goes to show just how good a coach Jim Tressel is after losing all that talent, the way they lost to FLA, and for him to have this team on the cusp of another BCS bowls tells me that he is clearly one of the top 3 coaches in the country.

I don't know if i would jump on that bet...but OSU still plays some tough games against PSU and Mich and anything can happen.

claggart
    claggart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ever the contrarian, I disagree with the analysis of most of you on here. The Ohio State d is flat-out dominant, and Tressel is a fantastic coach. This is coming from one of the biggest Miami fans out there, and I can tell you, he shut us down when Ohio State were 12 pt. dogs. That being said, there was a phantom interference call, but let's save that for another time. I really don't think OSU to win the title is a terribly bad bet, and I have actually taken it meself. LSU has to play in the death conference, Florida has two losses, Cal will lose, BC always squanders a few, SoFla might lose this week, Hawaii nearly did, and the way I see it, Ohio State has an easier track to the big one than do most. No one gives them any respect, but they keep annihilating teams. They may not score 70 a game, but when you hold opponents to 2, or 7, you don't need to.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i totally think that is a good play. OSU is diffenently underrated.

LT Profits

How can anyone say that Ohio State has a shutdown defense when they play in the most overrated (and may I dare say, worst) conferences in the country, and their non-conference schedule is comprised of mostly MAC schools?

Cal would beat Ohio State by at least 14 points, because they will not be able to cope with Cal's speed on offense, which is all it comes down to. Ohio State is accumulating great defensive stats against slow teams, and YES LIKE LAST YEAR, they will not be able to cope once they face a legitimate team with fast receivers, especially if they get matched up with a spread offense.

I guess all I can say is we shall see.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

I actually dont like it.

Cal will probably lose at USC, volting Ohio State to the #2 spot. They wont lose to any overrated Big 10 team, which gives them a clear shot at a national title baring any hiccup.

Im not a big OSU fan, but their defense is legit. Chances of them getting to the MNC are pretty high if they run the table, which could happen. I dont think OSU is a top 5 team, but I think they are top 10.. it might not even matter if they can beat:
    Oct 20 Michigan St. 3:30pm
    Oct 27 @Penn St. 8:00pm
    Nov 3 Wisconsin TBA
    Nov 10 Illinois TBA
    Nov 17 @Michigan TBA

All a strong possibility. Michigan State & Penn State suck. Wisconsin is grosly overrated. Illinois is still young and possibly a fluke at #16 and Michigan is Michigan. No Big 10 championship game and they could make the MNC. My 2 cents.
    Last edited by mv09; 10-13-07 at 01:18 PM.

LT Profits

Cal is HOME vs. USC and will probably be a small favorite. I agree though that USC getting any points may be a great bet.

Still, like I said, I think that Ohio State has no shot vs. LSU, Cal, Oklahoma or even USC, which could still move back up if they beat Cal. So I still think my bet is safe.

I repeat, we shall see.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well the monster known as Kent St. is out of the way

mv09

LSU lost..

Ohio State is now the #2 team in the nation .. while Cal the #1 team is in a struggle with Oregon State.

dave11486

This bet is going to look worse and worse with every passing day.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT must be rolling over in his grave ...

OSU is gonna be the new #1

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm not saying OSU will win the mythical national title, but they will be your new #1 team in college football tomorrow!

mv09

Sorry for jinxing your bet

mshanedub420
    mshanedub420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im in Columbus and I think thats a good bet...

Now you guys know I hate betting chalk, but this as safe a -600 play as I have seen in a long time, as I feel right odds should be closer to 15/1.

Ohio State wins BCS National Champ +450
    Field wins BCS National Champ -600

Looks good, we still have to play Ill(running qb gets OSU), Wisc, Mich in the big house, AND THEN TO WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, I mean 6 to 1 ..wow....do they know something we dont....

LT Profits

Well, I couldn't have asked for a worst combination of results today...LOL

So Ohio State will be ranked #1 now, and there is a good chance South Florida and Boston College will be 2/3, the only two teams I think OSU has a shot against.

That's OK though because I doubt the rankings will stay that way at year's end, and besides, South Florida and/or Boston College may not get much love when the first BCS rankings come out tomorrow.

Also, there is no guarantee that Ohio State will go undefeated with Penn State and Michigan both being on the road. Bottom line: I still love my chances.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Yesterday's results will only make the odds better. OSU still won't be in the title game - their schedule finally gets more difficult the last 5 games, and they're not going to both Happy Valley and the Big House and winning.

What's OSU's biggest win? Purdue? That W means nothing after UM similarly manhandled the Boilermakers. They're a solid team, but they aren't running the table, even in a mediocre Big 11 conference.

LT Profits

Well, fact that odds changed doesn't matter to me since I made the bet at -600 last week. Now I wish I would have waited a week. although I did not foresee LSU and Cal both losing this week.

rjt721

LT, I didn't know you had actually bet this. In that case, yeah, yesterday was a terrible day. Still, looking at OSU's remaining schedule - MSU, @PSU, Wisky, ILL, @UM - I can't see them doing better than 3-2 down the stretch. Bad odds, yes, but it's still a winner.

rjt721

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call.

LT Profits

I won't be able to cash this ticket until after the BCS Championship Game is played, but that's OK. Nothing wrong with some nice deferred income!

bigboydan

I figured this one would cash for you for sure.

Congrats LT

bigboydan

I feel your pain over this one LT.

I think we all thought you had this one locked up already, and this all this wackiness crap happened in the last few weeks.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go Mizz!

LT Profits

Unfortunately, I lean toward Oklahoma Saturday. Thus, I am now the world's biggest West Virginia fan!

12 Last