toastedbread01
    toastedbread01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Opening Lines

Do the opening off shore lines often differ from the opening Vegas lines? If so, by how many points on average?

Thanks

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sure they differ a bit. I feel the offshore linesmakers are a bit sharper than the LVSC though.

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Difference Between Offshore And Vegas Is That Vegas Oddsmakers Come Out With Spread. This Is A Test Spread Though They Then Give The Spread To A Hand Full Of Books And Proffesional Gamblers These Books And The Pros Adjust The Spread By What They Are Taking We Are Talkin About Millions Of Dollars Being Place On These Opening Spreads. Then After The Lines Are Adjusted We The Public Get Them. These Pro Sharps Can Make A Living Off Of Playing Middles Because They Can Move The Line Anywhere From 1 To 13 Points The 13 Move Is Rare Only Time I Seen It Was In College Basketball Last Year When A Washington State Game Went From 91 To 104 First Half Went Way Over Second Half Somehow Stayed Under The 91 Go Figure

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

first off let me say that I don't feel that anyone is more sharp than the LVSC...the LVSC is an extremely well respected group and comes out with their lines about an hour or so before the offshore books do every week...

that being said, their are two main books that offer early lines, pinnacle and bookmaker...lines come out at approximately (I stress approximately) 3:30 PM PST on Sundays the week before the games...around 5-6 PM lines come out at the Greek and Bet Jamaica (sometimes earlier, sometimes sooner)...

it all depends on your style really...I do think it's absolutely essential to have a bookmaker account to take advantage of games you may want to play early (along with a matchbook account to take advantage of the reduiced juice)...