View Poll Results: Is Stanford's win over USC the biggest football upset ever?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, biggest upset ever

8 57.14%
  • No, but in the Top 5 ever

6 42.86%
  • No, not even in Top 5

0 0%
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Here We Go Again: Is Stanford's Win the Biggest Football Upset Ever?

I actually think this one is a worthy candidate.

I vote YES because I just don't think that an undefeated national title contender favored by at least 38.5 points has ever lost before.

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definetly is biggest Ive ever seen. The michigan loss early this year was to a championship quality football team in app state even though its AA champion they were still champions none the less. And they beat a michigan team that is a little above average. This doo doo brown standford team managed to beat what money analyst were calling the best college football team of all time. yes that right not this years best but the best of all time i guess that debate is over

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

It's definitely up there. I was never all that high on this SC team, but losing on your homefield to a team that won 1 game last year and had already lost at home to UCLA (who just lost to a terrible ND team) by 28 and ASU by 38 this season is pretty unbelievable. And Stanford did it with their backup QB who had only thrown 3 passes in his career before tonight's game.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

got to be.

LT Profits

hawk 5,

You forgot to vote.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This win for Stanford was a whole hell of a lot better than that Cuse or App St. victory. I'll vote for the biggest upset ever.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

It sure comes close to it, thats for sure, since USC was at home and lost like that too just is really shocking to me!!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm still shocked.

Odrod
    Odrod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took them in my pool, but not nearly brave enough to bet.

It was awesome to see it

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

No...I am not sure why so many of your adamant about this being the upset. Seems like a priming effect to me.

Being the winningest college football program and losing to a 1-AA school at home who lost last year to a NC State team that didn't qualify for a bowl game and then subsequently losing to a team called Wofford this season is sitll the biggest upset. Keep in mind that Stanford is a conference rival and has played USC before. Still App St win is slightly bigger in my opinion b/c of the situation (1-A vs. 1-AA) the only reason I can see why many are saying it is the biggest might b/c they had a backup QB playing...that is actually impressive.

However, I still believe If Stanford played App St they would be slightly favored.

LT Profits

Well, Appalachian State was only +30.5 while Stanford was at least +38.5, so from purely a numbers standpoint, Stanford is bigger. Not to mention the fact that App State's win came on opening week before people knew how overrated Michigan really is, whereas USC was undefeated coming into this game, and was on a 35-game home winning streak.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    However, I still believe If Stanford played App St they would be slightly favored.
    Yes Stanford would be slightly favored over Appalachian State, but USC would be at least a 14-point favorite over Michigan.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yes Stanford would be slightly favored over Appalachian State, but USC would be at least a 14-point favorite over Michigan.
    Exactly. App. St. beating USC might be a bigger upset than Stanford over SC, but being that UM isn't in USC's class, last night's game was the bigger upset.