crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

What kind of gambler are you?

What kind of gambler are you? Suppose you bet on a college game giving three points. Your team is up by three points with time winding down. The opposing team is right at their kicker's field goal range and they line up for a field goal. Do you A) Hope he makes it so you can get overtime and possibly win your bet? or B) Hope he misses it so you can get a push? I found out last night with Memphis/Marshall game I'd prefer A.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had Marshall +3.5 for 2 units and over 59 for 1 unit. I was happy for no overtime. Could have won both or lost both if OT came. I was happy with a little profit.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

But would you rather have a certain push or a chance to win or lose in overtime?

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

happy to take the push and play for another day

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

depends on ho wi'm doing in geenral

if i been winning alot or have other winning bets that day i'd hope for the win

if i been losing or having a losing day i'll be grateful for the push

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

overtime. if they go overtime, it is pretty much 50/50 again and you're taking 50/50 odds on the 3 pts spread, so i don't think there is a difference. since push is like kissing your sister, i rather see them going to overtime and ride the high/low a little bit more...over time are fun to watch.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

now, if i had a parlay other than the straight bets, then i want a push so i can cash in my parlays

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I agree with "It depends"

If I thought my side would have the better of it in OT, then I'm pulling for OT.

If I thought my side would be on the short side in OT, them I'm pulling for a push.

And have done both in the past!

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

If I was sitting on a push at the end, I would view myself as fortunate and just take the push. You have to find the "easy ones" to be successful at this and sitting on a push means that it was not easy. I would prefer not to sweat on overtime. Give me back my money and lets go find an easier play.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm the kind of gambler who doesn't bother to hope. It has no impact on the outcome.

I watch carefully how the teams are handling the situation, because that may affect how I bet next time.

forex
    forex's Avatar Become A Pro!

its not gambling; its investing with the potential of complete loss on a stock 'team' or the potential of 90%+ return

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    I agree with "It depends"

If I thought my side would have the better of it in OT, then I'm pulling for OT.

If I thought my side would be on the short side in OT, them I'm pulling for a push.

And have done both in the past!
    My sentiments, exactly.
    Incidentally, I hate overtime and I hate the way they play it.
    But tha's another long story.