TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Get on Kstate Now!!!!

Well guys, i can't believe what I just saw on Pinnacle. Kstate is favored by 2.5 over rival KU this saturday. I have been waiting for this line all year. Even before the Texas victory for Kstate, I expected this line to be around 7. Regardless of the Texas game, I would have played Kstate at anything less than 4 points. The fact that it is at 2.5 is amazing. I realize people will be saying they will have a let down after the Texas game but this will not be the case. As you know, I follow KU inside and out. As much as I hate to do this, I will be unloading on Kstate. My prediction is that the public will take this line up to around 4 by the end of the week so 2.5 creates all kinds of good plays. My plan is to dump a bunch on it now and then look to lay off some of it as the line moves throughout the week. I would love to have Kstate -2.5 and KU +4 for a part of my overall action on the game. Obviously, I will leave the majority of my bet with Kstate by 2.5. There are so many variables that I don't have time to list all of them but everything points towards kstate by at least 3 or 4 points. Get this one now!!

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I agree....i am little bit concerned about how KSU might respond after such a big win but then I remembered this is a huge rivalry and KSU should easily be up for it and find themselves in a nice revenge situation. Similar to last year, they are coming off a win against Texas and I know this team will respond much better.

If nothing else, KSU has played a much more difficult schedule than KU has by playing Texas and Auburn and even SJSU early on.

I am considering KSU very seriously here.

Any other games you are eyeing Gambler?

TheGambler

yes, last year kstate traveled to KU immediately after the Texas game and did not fare to well. Like you said, this is a huge rivlary and the home team has a huge advantage in these games over the last 4 years. Most oddsmakers allow 3 to 4 points for the home team, but it should be about 7 in this series.

I also have been looking at the Baylor game. Baylor is not a bad team and I believe the 8.5 they are getting at home should be enough to cover. I also loved the Missouri -6 but it is now up to -7 so I'm not sure if I like it as much. I might just call it an easy week of handicapping and only play Kstate and Baylor.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree on this one too

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, Kstate will win big, going to check out bodog see what they got.. I get back to you soon. great info

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

12:00pPreview
    Matchup
    Injuries
    345 Kansas
    - - -
    346 Kansas State
    - - -
    Bodog don't have the line up yet...

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Bookmaker has it at 3. Gambler, give me some analysis on KU as I have not seen them play a snap. Gotta tell you, as a KSU alum, I am not real excited about this game both as a gambler and fan. KU is just too unknown here and KSU although having flashes of excellence this season still is a simliar team\players that got pounded by KU last year. I also don't like the 11 am start. I know it sounds like over analysis, but trust me KSU stadium is much harder at the afternoon or evening time spots. With a large following from Wichita and KC, they will be lucky to get 1 beer down before the game. Again, my heart tells me go with the cats, my brain says KU is too unknown here to put money down either way. I do agree that the line will most likely end up at 4 so middling 2.5 and 4 is a very smart play with little risk in what very well could be a field goal margin.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

at the greek:

345 Kansas -115
    346 Kansas State -3 -105

well, if you have couple of extra grand, you could try to bet ksu and bet ku before the game start. hope you're right. i'll keep my eyes on this game this week.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gambler,
    Big thanks for posting promptly on this one.

I snatched up a 2* on KSU-2.5, I won't get carried away on this one though. I totally respect the KU program, I thing people underestimate them like the way they gave UK no respect this last weekend. Hm team in this matchup....less than a field goal, I'm on it.

KU & UK are both so dangerous this year....IMO. I've been on the UK tail since I had them in their Bowl game last year for an easy cash.

Lets CASH this one....or 2*

TheGambler

i'm glad you got it at 2.5. i do think it is a very good bet but like i said in buddy bear's message, i don't think I would give much more than 3 or 4 points. I don't think KU will react well to the quickness of Kstate's defense but I do think we will take their special teams out of the picture. i see KU pulling out a lot from the playbook this week, especially as they use Kerry Meir for a receiver / quarterback. it sounds weird but how nice is it to have the threat to be able to throw the ball from one of your wide receivers or slot back. this game is going to be exciting. since yesterday, i have talked to a lot of guys around here who know a lot about this KU team and they do feel very confident in going to Manhattan to get a victory. They seem to have a very good game plan. I still think the 2.5 holds up though

emat

Line moving up. Bookmaker to -3.5. Even though he looks like Jabba the Hut, Mangino is a great coach unlike Mack Brown. Having 2 weeks to prepare is going to give him plenty of time to gameplan for this one. I am trying to drink my purple kool-aid here, but I don't like this game. Gambler, are you sure your not playing this as a "either I win money or my team wins scenario". Being honest, I have been guilty of this before. I sense you really think KU is going to win this game.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, I wouldn't have played it anything worse than -2.5. Like I said, I really respect the KU program......& their head coach.

A nail biter now & then wakes you up to the reality of the situation anyway.

GO KSU....

GO COLLEGE GAME DAY SATURDAY......

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Also jumped on this. I like homes favorite against an undefeated team.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    12:00pPreview
    Matchup
    Injuries
    345 Kansas
    - - -
    346 Kansas State
    - - -
    Bodog don't have the line up yet...
    Bodog always seems REAL slow with posting the lines.... anyone know why?
    Last edited by bmac; 10-02-07 at 04:48 PM.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kstate for me by the way.

TheGambler

Emat, in my honest opinion, I think kstate will win this game. the teams are not much different that last year and if you would have played at home last year, you would have won. However, we know that kstate could have a letdown b/c of the texas win and yes, mangino has had 2 weeks to prepare for this game. however, once the ball is kicked, a lot of this goes out the window. it comes down to talent, speed and home field. based on this, i see a blocked punt or runback by kstate that opens up a close game in the 2nd half. it never fails that we KU fans think we have a chance and everytime we go to manhattan, things just do not go our way.

emat

Gambler, understand the feelings. Nebraska was like that for us for many years. From my betting perspective, thank god this is an early game. A few beers down and my heart starts overpowering my brain (although the drinking will start early). I am seriously considering laying off this one. Its going to kill me not having action as I watch the game in person. Mangino is the X factor here and I think he will be very well prepared for this game. That scares me. Like your thoughts on KU going to Manhattan, I am just not 100% sold on Prince. I think he cares more about the national stage games and less about in-state rivals (although this has become an unexpected national stage). I guess we will see. Good luck on your play. Going to the game? The line has went back to -3, was at -3.5 for awhile today. I do like your thoughts on middling this game if you did get -2.5. I do think at some point, it will climb to -4.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
    I also have been looking at the Baylor game. Baylor is not a bad team
    Baylor is a terrible team. Terrible. They looked absolutely lost at Kyle Field this past Saturday.