LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

South Florida +7 Friday (and an Outright Upset Not Impossible!)

Like the old saying goes, "Good defense will stop good offense." Sure West Virginia has put up a lot of points, but they have yet to face a defense this good. Also, the Bulls' strength is run defense, and if they hold that vaunted WVU running game in check, I don't think White can beat them with his arm.

Secondly, this is without exaggeration the biggest game in the history of the South Florida program, so the kids and the crowd will be sky high. That is a good situation at any time, but it is especially good when a team actually has good talent to begin with, which USF certainly does.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

well put..........IM GONNA BE AT THIS GAME TONIGHT AND IM ROLLING WITH USF +7.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Im on USF

Later

nep1293
    nep1293's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like USF here too. Just a matter of +7 or the ML for me, I'll probably chicken out and take the points

t2wentyfou4r
    t2wentyfou4r's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking WV tonight. South Flor hasn't played anybody this year. They played Elon, Auburn (down year), and UNC. Any D1 school can post up great defensive numbers against these team. WV will test there D, and Devine is the difference maker this year. A good start for the week so far 2-0.
    I took
    Monday - Titans +5
    Thursday - Boise State -11

Hopefully 3-0 after tonight

Good luck to all

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by t2wentyfou4r View Post
    I'm taking WV tonight. South Flor hasn't played anybody this year. They played Elon, Auburn (down year), and UNC. Any D1 school can post up great defensive numbers against these team. WV will test there D, and Devine is the difference maker this year.
    Well...In all honesty, neither team has played any quality opponents. South Florida's North Carolina is WVU's East Carolina, etc.

It is fair to say that this will be the best defense WVU has seen this year. I saw USF play Auburn and UNC, and they have great team speed on the defensive side of the ball.

Now, that being said, I do think that WVU will get their points. They're just too explosive on offense not to. I think WVU scores at least 24 points.

The question then becomes, how many points can USF get against the always-suspect WVU defense?

Should be a helluva game. I don't think I've made my mind up how or if I'm going to play it.

Doc
    Last edited by Doc JS; 09-28-07 at 09:50 AM.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Are you Dr Bob???

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Like the old saying goes, "Good defense will stop good offense." Sure West Virginia has put up a lot of points, but they have yet to face a defense this good. Also, the Bulls' strength is run defense, and if they hold that vaunted WVU running game in check, I don't think White can beat them with his arm.

Secondly, this is without exaggeration the biggest game in the history of the South Florida program, so the kids and the crowd will be sky high. That is a good situation at any time, but it is especially good when a team actually has good talent to begin with, which USF certainly does.
    I'm rollin with WVU -7 +105 tonight. People forget that WVU defense this year is MUCH improved than last years. Also the USF has a way easier schedule than WVU this year and if the numbers don't lie WVU will run the ball down USF's throat tonight. Also the BP is all over USF +7 which is a great reason to go against. GL

Odrod
    Odrod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post
    I'm rollin with WVU -7 +105 tonight. People forget that WVU defense this year is MUCH improved than last years. Also the USF has a way easier schedule than WVU this year and if the numbers don't lie WVU will run the ball down USF's throat tonight. Also the BP is all over USF +7 which is a great reason to go against. GL
    I don't know about all of that. SFU has the 18th ranked run defense, and did a great job of holding Slayton in last years SFU win in Morgantown.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I also like SF to win outright. West Virginia's defense was the worst I've ever seen last season, so we'll see if they have made any improvements.

area51steve

Quote Originally Posted by Odrod View Post
    I don't know about all of that. SFU has the 18th ranked run defense, and did a great job of holding Slayton in last years SFU win in Morgantown.
    Again.. That was last year.. If SFU is ranked 18th in run defense than all WVU has to do is throw the ball more. But again WVU's defense is much improved over last year. A touchdown spread won't be that much for WVU to cover. All WUV has to do is correct the mistakes they mad against SFU last year and I'm sure WVU's coach has made it clear what they can and cannot do against SFU.

Odrod
    Odrod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Again.. That was last year.. If SFU is ranked 18th in run defense than all WVU has to do is throw the ball more. But again WVU's defense is much improved over last year. A touchdown spread won't be that much for WVU to cover. All WUV has to do is correct the mistakes they mad against SFU last year and I'm sure WVU's coach has made it clear what they can and cannot do against SFU.
    More or less the same teams. Slayton is still the RB, White is still QB, and the SFU D is made up of mostly returners. The 8th overall defense in the country.

I personally don't believe you are looking deep enough into this game, but BOL to you.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Like Penn State last week, I think WVa. is ranked too high. With that defense, I don't think they are a Top 10 team. Penn State's offense did them in last week, and West Virginia's defense might do them in tonight.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

This might actually be the first game in a long time that I sit down and watch just for the pure enjoyment of the game, not because I have bet on it. Ah, sh*t, who am I kidding?! I am taking the over. Both of these teams can put up big numbers.

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure anyone will agree...but I am kinda thinking under 56 in this one. South florida only allowing 79 yards rushing per game and W.V. is shaky when they have to throw with only 160 yards passing per game. Maryland held W.V. to 31 points, still alot but USF defense is much better than MDs plus this is almost as good as a national championship game for USF so they will be pumped. W.V. defense is suspect, but they still rank in the top 15 for avg. yards/game...but they have played a weak schedule so far. I'm sure I will change my mind by game time Any thoughts on this total? I really hate betting unders so change my mind for me

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nep1293 View Post
    I like USF here too. Just a matter of +7 or the ML for me, I'll probably chicken out and take the points
    Why don't you bet on both the spread and the ML? Bet to win the same amount on both. I do that a lot.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcrank23 View Post
    Not sure anyone will agree...but I am kinda thinking under 56 in this one. South florida only allowing 79 yards rushing per game and W.V. is shaky when they have to throw with only 160 yards passing per game. Maryland held W.V. to 31 points, still alot but USF defense is much better than MDs plus this is almost as good as a national championship game for USF so they will be pumped. W.V. defense is suspect, but they still rank in the top 15 for avg. yards/game...but they have played a weak schedule so far. I'm sure I will change my mind by game time Any thoughts on this total? I really hate betting unders so change my mind for me
    I was set on the over, but may change my mind. I am like you though...I don't like betting unders. But no one really does, that's why the total on overs is often inflated. I may stay away from this game entirely, as I have gone back and forth both on side and total all week. I am looking forward to a good game though. May turn to MLB for action tonight...

atakdog
    atakdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

... Also the BP is all over USF +7 which is a great reason to go against.
    SportsInsights shows 65% of spread bets on WVU.

mrmark
    mrmark's Avatar Become A Pro!

WVU will win but wont cover the point spread! mountaineers win by 3 or 4!!!

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I like WVU personally in this spot....

area51steve

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    I like WVU personally in this spot....
    I agree buddybear. I made a small play on WVU -7 +105 last night. Nowhere near what I usually bet but just wanted some action on football 2nite. A lot of people from this board are on SFU +7. A loss won't hurt me at all but I hope WVU plays hard. GL

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
    WVU will win but wont cover the point spread! mountaineers win by 3 or 4!!!
    i 100% agree.IFFF wv wins its by 3 or 4

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Nice call, LT.

E

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Great call. Put out some more insights today. Excellent.

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

That was a great call, WVU looked like shit the entire game and South Florida just dominated them. Good job.