bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas Tech defensive coordinator Quits

I can't say I blame him after that pathetic performance his defense displayed against OSU on Saturday. However I'm still selling the Red Raiders this year as a cover team though, because they have way too many holes to plug and the no coach could improve them at all.

Texas Tech defensive coordinator Setencich steps down

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech defensive coordinator Lyle Setencich stepped down Sunday, citing personal reasons in a move that came a day after the Red Raiders lost to Oklahoma State 49-45.

Coach Mike Leach named assistant head coach Ruffin McNeill as the interim defensive coordinator. Setencich, who was in his fifth year as coordinator, will be assigned other duties by athletic director Gerald Myers.

"We appreciate Lyle and the work he did for our program," Leach said. "We wish him and his family the best."

McNeill will coach the linebackers. Charlie Sadler, defensive ends coach, will handle the defensive line, and duties for defensive tackles and special teams will be split among the staff.

McNeill was defensive coordinator at Appalachian State and UNLV. He coached the linebackers at Tech for three seasons from 2000-02.

Leach said after Saturday's game that his defense needed to "work on having a burning desire to be tougher than the guy across from them."

Oklahoma State had three rushers surpass 100 yards for the first time in school history as the Cowboys gained 366 yards on the game. The Cowboys also passed for 244 yards. Tech had 718 yards of total offense in the loss.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

if Crabtree catches that pass at the end, you still think this guy "resigns"?...

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    if Crabtree catches that pass at the end, you still think this guy "resigns"?...
    Pags,
    I agree with you. Hard to know if he "jumped" or was "pushed"...