bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Carolina to start a freshman QB this week

Anyone catch this one....

Spurrier decided to start freshman Chris Smelley against Miss. State.

I think this is a bonehead move on Spurrier's part though. It's bad enough to have a two-headed-monster at the QB position. However, what makes it even worse is the fact that Smelley is a freshman.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Not sure what Spurrier is doing here....

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I wouldnt bet against him against a team as weak as Miss St.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

sbr john,

obviously you haven't watched Mississippi St. play a whole lot this year...their defense is actually pretty good, as is their running game with Anthony Dixon...now that they have Hennig not playing QB anymore, they should have some balance in their offense...did you know that they are currently 3-1?...

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I didnt. I watched the first game when they were destroyed at home.

I still dont trust Spurrier here. Maybe someone can get the scoop and find out what the angle is here on this kid Smelley.

SECfan23
    SECfan23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the angle here is just that Smelley looked a lot better last week at LSU than Mitchell. Mitchell lead the team to a TD on the first drive and then produced nothing. Smelley scored on the last 2 drives of the game and looked pretty good. He seemed a lot more comfortable in the pocket than Mitchell. And that says a lot when you are up against that LSU defense.
    Or this could be a repeat of last year. Mitchell is terrible at the beginning of the season. Coach benches Mitchell. Mitchell does well in practice. Mitchell finishes the season strong.
    Or Spurrier is just tired of all of Blake's crap. On and off the field.