rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Mike Patrick comment

In the middle of OT in the UGA/Bama game Mike Patrick says to Blackledge, "What's Britney (Spears) doing with here life?" Not once was Spears mentioned prior to this statement, nor was she at the game. Blackledge sounded puzzled. Very random and strange comment. Also very funny.

Anyone else catch this?
    Last edited by rjt721; 09-22-07 at 10:31 PM.

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it too much for these guys to just call the game. I use love Charlie Steiner on Sports Center because he just gave you the highlights, he was not trying to be the show. Now some of these announcer are trying to make stories within the games, when all anyone really cares about is the game.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, I heard that, I thought he said that because Brittney Spears was on the sidelines at the game.

I find it very annoying that these announcers talk all kinds of nonsense and you can't find out things like, oh I don't know, the score, who has the ball, what yardline are they on of which team, what down is it. You know, really way out stuff like that.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Blackledge's puzzled response is priceless.

Last edited by rjt721; 09-23-07 at 01:33 PM.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where the hell was Patrick's head at? In the middle of a OT thriller between two top 25 teams and hes fvcking thinking about Britney Spears!? WTF?! ESPN and him in particular have to be very embarassed about those comments!

RJT, u're right, Blackledge's response is absolutely priceless! Patrick comes totally from right field with that!

GOOD STUFF!

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Mike Patrick STILL WOOOOOFS...

HOLLLLLLY COW!!!...... what a joint!

bigjp5091
    bigjp5091's Avatar Become A Pro!

That was awesome.....I guess he was just trying to fill time during the overtime blowout between these two small conference teams.