bowlibs
    bowlibs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am I missing something with IOWA vs Wisconsin

Why is everyone around here taking Iowa. They lost to Iowa State on the road by two. Why do people think they can go into a top ten nationally ranked Wisconsin and keep it close?

Wisconsin has had two home games this year and won convincingly, beating Wash St. 42-21 and then Citadel 45-31. I would admit giving up 31 to Citadel at home is not very good. But there offense is putting up high points every game. I am confused why Wisconsin at home only 7 points isn't among the favorites.

I feel like I am missing something. i was going to play Wisconsin (-7). If someone has some info they can share that would be great.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

UW is considered to be the most overrated team in the country and by a long shot. They were life and death with a bad UNLV team trailing in the 4th quarter with less than 2 minutes to go (yeah the same UNLV team that had their hands full against Utah St the week before). I am not sure you watched the Citadel/UW game but The Citadel moved the ball at ease in the 1H against the UW defense. Every time UW scored The Citadel scored right back. Moreover, this is a very competitive rivalry and Iowa has actually dominated the past decade despite losing last year's game. Iowa also features one of the strongest defenses in the country (albeit against some rather weak competition). Plus Iowa falls into some strong situational ATS trends for this game.

I don't know if I would be too enthusiastic to take either side. Both programs have struggled at times this year.
    I'll be watching this game and it should be a good one.

bowlibs
    bowlibs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    UW is considered to be the most overrated team in the country and by a long shot. They were life and death with a bad UNLV team trailing in the 4th quarter with less than 2 minutes to go (yeah the same UNLV team that had their hands full against Utah St the week before). I am not sure you watched the Citadel/UW game but The Citadel moved the ball at ease in the 1H against the UW defense. Every time UW scored The Citadel scored right back. Moreover, this is a very competitive rivalry and Iowa has actually dominated the past decade despite losing last year's game. Iowa also features one of the strongest defenses in the country (albeit against some rather weak competition). Plus Iowa falls into some strong situational ATS trends for this game.

I don't know if I would be too enthusiastic to take either side. Both programs have struggled at times this year.
    I'll be watching this game and it should be a good one.
    Thanks for helping because I did not watch the Citadel UW game therefore I am going by paper numbers which are apparently skewed by Wisconsins 4th quarter performance. It is not that I think Wisky is that good, it is that I think Iowa is that bad. They have played less than mediocre football and they have quite a few injuries right now. I just think that Wisky will find a way to win by more than 7 rather it be by their good offense or mistakes by Iowa (in which they have made quite a few this year).

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I have Wisconsin as well. We are definitely in the minority on this board, though.

I think if Wisky can hold Iowa to 20 points or below, this will be a cover for Wisconsin. I'm not sold on the Iowa offense and am not sure how they can resolve some of those issues. I envision this game being pretty tight at halftime and then Wisconsin rolling as the game wears on.

I've been known to be wrong before, however.

E

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

for the reasons most like Iowa, I like Wisconsin....i see the badgers winning 20-7.....