MathewXB
    Update your status
    MathewXB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Early thoughts on BIG 12

Anyone got any thoughts on the how the BIG 12 would play out.

XB

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

oklahoma and texas will have the south conference
    nebraska and mizzou the north
    and baylor could be the dark horse for the north

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

I see it as a 3 way race: Oklahoma, Texas and Nebraska have about the same chance to win the conference. Maybe Nebraska is a better pick, as OU and UT will play for a spot in the conference championship game. Nebraska has a easier path, the only dangerous opponent in north is Mizzou, and maybe Kansas State. In south Texas Tech and Oklahoma State have a shot.

I do not see Baylor as a dark horse, and I can not find them on the north division

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

In the South, Texas will be the early favorite, based on them having OU's number of late, and the performance of QB Gilbert against Alabama in the NC game. Texas also returns 7 starters on defense. Texas loses McCoy and WR Jordan Shipley. OU returns 9 on offense, including QB Jones,who played for the injured Sam Bradford last season. OU's problems will be on defense, where they lose 7 starters.

In the North, Nebraska will be the prohibitive favorite, after a very successful year, and the return of 8 starters on both sides of the ball. Nebraska is going to have to find some offense. They get a huge break in the schedule, facing Texas and Missouri at home. Speaking of Mizzou, They return 9 starters on both sides of the ball, from ateam that suprised many last season. Do not overlook this team.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 03-29-10 at 03:24 PM.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I think OU will be better than Texas since they have a QB with experience. Im not counting out Texas because they will be good no matter what. Nebraska should be good also and will take the North.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by scarp View Post
    I think OU will be better than Texas since they have a QB with experience. Im not counting out Texas because they will be good no matter what. Nebraska should be good also and will take the North.
    I agree about Gilbert's very limited experience. Gilbert has no experience except for the Championship game, in which Alabama took a huge lead, then completely laid down in the 3rd quarter, then retook control of the game. OU's problem is with their defense. They will score plenty of points this season.