hova24e
    hova24e's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am I the only one who's not Impressed by USC (so far)

Based on performance only (and not hype)....Are you impressed with USC or not. Personally, I'm not impressed (yet)....And just for the record, it's a sham that LSU is not ranked #1.....

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How many games has USC played this season?

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was hurt by usc week one , was like I felt cursed watching them never come close to covering the ridiculous 47 pts and it never coming close to go over the total . That was week 1 which compared to week 3 is no comparison . My first instinct was neb + 10 .

EJandV

they played IDAHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOKE !!!!

EJandV

quite a step up to say the least going to play at neb . people judging usc because they haaaaaaaaad , had , had , had , had matt and reggie etc etc in the past is about the stupidest process of thought I could evee imagine . Is not logical comparing teams because of their history , WHEN THOSE ****ING PLAYERS THAT GAVE THE PROGRAM SUCH GREAT SUCCESS ARE NOT PLAYING IN THE GAME . TOO FUNNY !

imgv94

USC didnt even try versus Nebraska. C'mon

hova24e

True.....only 1 game, but don't you guys believe that:
    1. Everyone gets up for the first game (because they've been waiting for it all year long)
    2. The first game sets the tone for your season

Idaho actually looked good for the majority of the game.........this should not happen when facing a "legit" top 5 team, the first game of the season (at home)..........No excuse

EJandV

Yeah Idaho was looking good and usc was 3 and out back to back to back to back . I was like what the ffffffffffffffff .

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

This week will tell us a lot about USC

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    USC didnt even try versus Nebraska. C'mon
    Did they play last night? Or do you mean Idaho?

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm probably as down on them as anybody, but let's not kid ourselves. This is still a top ten team no matter how you slice it. It's the best defense Carroll's had, but it's also the worst offense he's had since Carson's junior year. Are they better equipped to win close games? Perhaps. Are they equipped to cover inflated lines? No. They're really an SEC team playing in the Pac 10, which is a huge departure from past years, and maybe the only way they'll be able to navigate that schedule.

Their lines are truly bizarre. Laying seven touchdowns with no proven offensive weapons in the opener? -10 against the defending Big 12 North champion, who is better this year than last? You dress up SC's players in Cal's uniforms, and the line this week is 3 at most, maybe pk. Sure, they've got the talent to cover 10. But I'll be very surprised if they do.

As for who's number one in my mind, it's so obvious that I'm not going to waste time on it.
    Last edited by Razz; 09-14-07 at 02:32 PM.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

USC Kicks Neb ass man point and blank Neb will have no chance against that D line

hova24e

Bmac, I totally agree and I believe that they will be exposed...........hell of a performance for the "best team of all time" (some analysts were calling USC before season started).......................get the f*ck outta here USC - LSU vs. WVU (or OKLA) for the national championship...........and I'm not a fan of any of those teams--it just amazes me how many people are influenced by hype

bmac

Ya... I think the off week to prep for this game is an advantage worth noting though.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

dont get me wrong, i too believe usc is overhyped, but as a student at an acc school down the road from wake forest, i "got" to watch the nedbraska/wake game last week and dont see how nebraskas homefield advantage can make that big of a difference. Nebraska barely beat a wake team who was playing without their starting qb in one of the smallest and quietest stadiums in d1 (or football bowl series or whatever the hell its called now)

hova24e

How many games has USC played this season?
    Biggest crock of sh*t I ever heard in my life. It was their first game at home - you're telling me that players don't get up for their first game of the season (especially at home) --- don't buy that at all, they've been waiting all year long for that day

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I am with Razz. Even though I'm not impressed by them, they are still a top 10 team. But a #1 team? Well, thats why they play the season. We will see.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    Ya... I think the off week to prep for this game is an advantage worth noting though.
    Totally disagree. This early in the season rest isn't an issue. Nebraska had plenty of time to prepare for SC in the offseason. I'd rather my team have experience playing a legitimate team in a tough situation than have an off week and my only game having been against a cupcake.

hova24e

Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    dont get me wrong, i too believe usc is overhyped, but as a student at an acc school down the road from wake forest, i "got" to watch the nedbraska/wake game last week and dont see how nebraskas homefield advantage can make that big of a difference. Nebraska barely beat a wake team who was playing without their starting qb in one of the smallest and quietest stadiums in d1 (or football bowl series or whatever the hell its called now)

Ok, but what was more impressive.......a Nebraska win at Wake (w/o starting qb) or a USC win in unimpressive fashion at home vs. Idaho..............ummmmmmmm.......no brainer

Razz

I actually was impressed that Nebraska won that game last week. Wake and Jim Grobe always have found a way to win that kind of game in the past, but Nebraska got it done anyway. They played as bad as they could possibly play, in a tough environment, nowhere near home, with the #1 team in the nation on deck in what people are saying is the biggest game in Lincoln in decades, and still beat the defending ACC champions.

bmac

it didn't seem to me like USC was putting much effort in that one. Will they show up to play against Neb?

Razz

USC will show up. Bet on Nebraska playing well, not against SC playing well. There will be times to bet against SC, whenever they're laying a huge number to Stanford or some of the dregs of the conference, but this week isn't a time to expect a down effort.

bmac

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    USC will show up. Bet on Nebraska playing well, not against SC playing well. There will be times to bet against SC, whenever they're laying a huge number to Stanford or some of the dregs of the conference, but this week isn't a time to expect a down effort.
    Ya i agree with you here. USC will be up for this one

EJandV

More impressive was neb win . A qb can easily come in and do the same as the so called # 1 starter (college) . Managing an offense running the ball alot maybe the backup is even better because he doesnt turn the ball over and give the other team chances that the # 1 guy would becaue he trys to force it . Hodges for WF threw 2 ints just like the neb qb .

To me the Neb at Wake game was more a reflection that Wake is still pretty good than a reflection of neb not being too great because they didnt blow em out. Neb won on the road beating the acc champion of 2006 . Wake went to the friggin orange bowl . Neb strapped up and got the W on the road beating the acc champion .

imgv94

I can't believe people are judging USC off the first game. WOW I'm floored that people exist who completely establish an opinion of a team off one game that meant nothing.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

one game that meant nothing.
    Granted they didn't lose, but If they did, I am sure it would of meant something. So you can't really say that, just ask Michigan.

imgv94

We can't compare the Michigan game.

One team lost SU while the other team won by 28 while playing uninspired and without opening up the playbook.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

We can't compare the Michigan game.

One team lost SU while the other team won by 28 while playing uninspired and without opening up the playbook.
    I am saying every game means something. Period.

EJandV

Is just 1 of many facotrs :

I can't believe people are judging USC off the first game. WOW I'm floored that people exist who completely establish an opinion of a team off one game that meant nothing.
    I am not saying that game for usc against idaho means anything it is just 1 ingredient in a prognosticator take . We can pretend that neither team has played yet , this is the first game of the year for both teams . Okay >> of course the value would be in a name , the usc name is bigger than the neb name . So WE KNOW the value is greater for one team than the other . KEY >>> WHY ? because of the coach for usc and because of their PAST SUCCESSES WITH OTHER PLAYERS (teams) THAT ARE NOW STARS OR GRADUATED . The players make a coach look like a MASTER or they can make the coach look like he is nothing special . Will these usc players make carrol look like he is something special ? Will neb make their coach look like he is something special ? If we knew this right now we would be buying another house come seasons end and not even blink smiling our azzes off . We feed into what the media says sooooooooooooo much , are these guys right more than wrong ? Well , I can tell you that if go against what the experts say right before the game comes on about who will win you would be right many more times than you would be wrong . Just an observation , a real one .
    Last edited by EJandV; 09-14-07 at 03:31 PM.

EJandV

If they win and dont cover and you listened to the experts or the announcers its a bust .

imgv94

Other than home field what advantage does Nebraska have?

USC has the better defense,QB,O-Line,D-Line,RBs,Coach,Team Speed etc.

What does Nebraska have better than USC?

EJandV

The what does someone have that is better analysis is CONFINED TO PAPER (always no matter what the final score) it is not alive ,it has not taken flight , it is just SIMPLY what is on paper . Home team getting 10 pts at home with 2 teams in the top 20 is a masterpiece for analysis . A logical thinking person would want to take the pts always pretty much .

Looking outside the box the logical thinker would doubt his logic by reading and listening to everyone talk about how great the fav is .
    The feedback I give does pertain to the game in question but it also involves the big picture of how things are shaped and molded as a whole in sports , so many different matchups .

USC wins by 20 it would make the next TOP 20 home dog a reflector with this game as a reference . Neb pulls the upset , the next game like this one would be a reflector in analysis of who will be good for that game ................. whoooooooooooooooo will prevail ? note : an offensive or defensive player can have the game of his life to make oddsmakers say holy shi# , we just cant factor performances of a lifetime . <>

hova24e

imgv94 would you agree that your USC opinion is bias since you're from Cali....No matter how you slice it, USC is only "proven" as of yet on paper. Even though they beat Idaho by 28, people watching the game knew what the key take away was... and it was "USC is #1 in the country, get the f*ck outta here."