GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

GitRDone's Week 3 Plays (13-6 YTD)

Here are my plays for Week 3, best of luck to everyone. Let's GitRDone again this week.

ATS

Auburn -12

Auburn has to be glad that they will be playing a team that they have done quite well against when they face-off against Mississippi St on Saturday. Look for Brandon Cox to have his first big day of the year versus the Bulldogs. I am still not convinced Henig can move the ball on any team with a good defense and I see him struggling and throwing a couple more INT's in this game. Look for DE Quentin Groves to have a huge day versus the Bulldogs and Auburn wins this game by 17+ points.

Central Michigan +22

The reigning MAC champion found their offensive mojo in last weeks victory of Toledo. Both QB Dan LeFevour and RB Ontario Sneed had big games last week and should feast on a decent but not great Boilermaker defense. This game should be a good ol' fashion shootout and 3 touchdown's here is too much to lay in this one. Purdue will win but it will be very close.

Virgina Tech -20.5

Ohio is in for a rude awakening when they face Va Tech. The Hokies have yet to put forth a good effort but that will change on Saturday. The Hokies will be starting prized recruit Tyrod Taylor who has tremendous athleticism and a strong arm. He got his feet wet against a very tough LSU defense on the road so going up against the Bobcats at home shouldn't be near as tough. The Hokie D will be suffocating while the offense will click in a lopsided victory. The Hokies win and they win going away.

Iowa St +17.5

Throw out the records when these rivals meet in Ames on Saturday. Look for the Cyclones to play with a lot of emotion as they are looking for anything to get their season turned around.
    Cyclones QB Bret Meyer will carry the Cyclones and keep them in this game until the very end. Iowa might win but it won't be easy.

Ohio St -3.5

It's one thing beating Boise St but to think that Washington will beat Ohio St is a little more far fetched. First and foremost, Jake Locker and the Huskies haven't seen a defense as good as the Buckeyes have this year. If this games comes down to defense and special teams, give a huge advantage to the Buckeyes. All the pressure will be on Locker to pull the big upset against a very tough Ohio St team and look for them to come up short.

TOTALS

Oklahoma St/Troy under 65

Oklahoma St will be without their top RB and 2nd string RB Julius Crosslin is very questionable to play. Throw in the fact that starting QB Bobby Reid is also listed as questionable and it doesn't take a genius to know that the Cowboys have some unanswered question marks on the offensive side of the ball. I just can't see both teams reaching the 30s in this game and think the under is the best play.

Tennessee/Florida under 55.5

This is by far Tim Tebow's biggest game and I see Erik Ainge struggling against Florida again. The last 2 meeting have gone under and I see this one going under also.

Fresno St/Oregon under 64

Oregon is coming off of an emotional win against Michigan and Fresno is coming off of a heartbreaking loss to Texas A&M. This will be one of those games that start off a little slow.
    After watching Dixon last year, I'm still not convinced he has improved this much since last year when he was benched for the final 2 games of the year. Fresno has a good offense but not great so I don't see them marching down the field at will. This game could turn into one of those 28-24 games.

Boston College/Georgia Tech under 48

Prime-time game between 2 good defenses should lead to this game going under. Both teams have been unbelievable against the run so far this year. Yellow Jackets QB Taylor Bennett hasn't proven he can beat anybody with his arm this year and look for BC to stack the line of scrimmage and force him to throw against their opportunistic defense. Meanwhile on the other side, Matt Ryan has been lights out but he has yet to face a defense as good as Georgia Techs. Look for Ryan to be pressured all night long and be forced into some turnovers. I don't know if either offenses will get into the 20s in this game.

Florida St/Colorado under 48

There are too many question marks on the offensive ball for both teams going into this game. Colorado QB Cody Hawkins hasn't proven he can throw the ball consistently yet and Drew Weatherford hasn't thrown the ball consistently in all 4 years while at FSU. Both have speed on defense and I see this being a boring, low scoring game without a lot of running the ball to hide their QB weaknesses.
    Last edited by GitRDone; 09-14-07 at 01:12 PM. Reason: adding totals

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

good write-ups here...GL this week gitrdone...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Good luck with these play GRD.....i am starting to like Iowa State myself.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

gl.
    i like central michigan.

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks guys, this was a tough week because the lines are real sharp. We'll see how it turns out, good luck to everyone this week.

GitRDone

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Wash +4.5
    I am also leaning Iowa state.....
    GL