Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

FSU/Colorado +4 THOUGHTS?!?!

Anyone else like Colorado +4 in this one? I am a huge Noles fan and am pretty close to the program... I honestly see the Buffs winning this one outright on Saturday... Drew Weatherford is one of the worst QB's in Florida State football history... Not to mention he has a line that can't block for shvt! New season, New coaches/Offensive Coordinator(Jimbo Fisher was supposed to solve all of our problems). Well I've got news for everyone, the fvcking coordinator isn't down on the field making plays... Colorado started out 14-0 against AZ State last Saturday night and then just went to shvt... AZ State is a LOT BETTER team than Florida State could even hope to be... FSU was down 17-3 to UAB @ HOME! Yeah they won the game, but it was UAB for god sakes! Anyways guys, I really like Colorado on the ML in this one, but I'm gonna take the 4 to be safe... Anyone else liking this play?

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colorado won 2 games last year. Lucky to win game 1 this year and blown away last 3 Qtrs last week. FSU will get better
    Last edited by pokernut9999; 09-12-07 at 03:04 PM. Reason: wrong home team

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

without RB Charles being healthy and until the WR's learn how to catch, I can't stomach betting CU again until further notice...

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

CU was lucky to get a win against colorado state. CU will not win this game. I can't really even look at betting on them with the points knowing they lucked out in that opener.

I am looking for value in other games.
    GL

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    Anyone else like Colorado +4 in this one? I am a huge Noles fan and am pretty close to the program... I honestly see the Buffs winning this one outright on Saturday... Drew Weatherford is one of the worst QB's in Florida State football history... Not to mention he has a line that can't block for shvt! New season, New coaches/Offensive Coordinator(Jimbo Fisher was supposed to solve all of our problems). Well I've got news for everyone, the fvcking coordinator isn't down on the field making plays... Colorado started out 14-0 against AZ State last Saturday night and then just went to shvt... AZ State is a LOT BETTER team than Florida State could even hope to be... FSU was down 17-3 to UAB @ HOME! Yeah they won the game, but it was UAB for god sakes! Anyways guys, I really like Colorado on the ML in this one, but I'm gonna take the 4 to be safe... Anyone else liking this play?

Are you close enough to the program to have a direct line of communication with Bowden? If not, you are only a fan.

Noles by 12.
    Last edited by BatemanPatrickl; 09-16-07 at 11:45 AM.

pags11

I do hope Hawkins doesn't call a frickin' bomb on every other play like he did last week...geez...

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

FSU has speed at every position. Not sure if CU has speed at any position. You beat speed with disciplined execution. Not sure CU is capable of executing precisely. Not sure I will agree with them being lucky to beat CSU.

Intangibles - FSU and Bowden have not played in Boulder so very little historical data. I believe Bowden is something on the order of 20-7 vs. the big 12 and 0-4 vs. Oklahoma. SO 20-3 vs. the rest of the Big 12. The game will occur way, way, way past Bowden's bedtime. I think CU squeaks out a close one butwill be a no-play for me.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you watched the game you would have seen how they got lucky. 2 bad decisions by Colorado St. at end of 1st half and game. Big punt return in last 2 minutes. And a QB throwing int on 3rd down in OT. It took all 4 of those to escape with 3 point win.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

FSU by double digits

bmac

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    If you watched the game you would have seen how they got lucky. 2 bad decisions by Colorado St. at end of 1st half and game. Big punt return in last 2 minutes. And a QB throwing int on 3rd down in OT. It took all 4 of those to escape with 3 point win.

Agreed.....

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    So just so I am clear a string of poor coaching decisions by the losing coach, another terrible special teams break down at a critical point in the game, and a terrible pass by a SENIOR quarterback = luck for the other team. Sounds like you were on CSU. And yes I watched the entire game. Luck is a squib kick richocheting off an oppossing teams helmet right into your hands

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

No strong opinion on this game. Both teams do not look very strong so far.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I am not as confident as I was before the start of the season with Florida State going into Boulder and winning this one easily, but I think the edge is still with Florida State.

A good friend of mine is a Buffaloes fan, and I won't hear the last of it if Colorado wins.

bmac

Being a CSU student I am rooting for FSU.
    The altitude could be a factor....

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another line where IMO the line is short, but the dog is the technical play. I actually expect both teams to start nice ATS runs in the near future, but I'd stay far away from this one personally.

hova24e
    hova24e's Avatar Become A Pro!

After watching Colorado play this year.........there is absolutely no way in Hell that they win this game. FLA St. will roll......................

pags11

initially leaned to CU, but the QB play (or lack of after last week) has me off of this one...

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm close to taking Colo +4.

pags11

thanks again for hooking me up yesterday imgv...

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Are you close enough to the program to have a direct line of communication with Bowden? If not, you are only a fan.

Noles by 12.
    Damn close. Looks like I may be closer to the program than the guy who started this thread.

pags11

the TE dropped a TD in the end zone with about 20 secs left for Colorado...could have backdoored it...

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    the TE dropped a TD in the end zone with about 20 secs left for Colorado...could have backdoored it...
    In every game, there is a dropped pass, bad call or bad play that could kill a spread. The final score is what matters and FSU covered.