bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan QB Henne out vs. Irish

Now this matchup isn't ugly enough.

Henne listed as week-to-week after injury against Oregon

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Injured Michigan quarterback Chad Henne will not play against Notre Dame.

Wolverines coach Lloyd Carr did not provide a timetable for Henne's return, listing him Monday as week-to-week. The senior was knocked out of the second half of Saturday's 39-7 loss to Oregon.

Freshman Ryan Mallett will start against the Fighting Irish on Saturday at home in a matchup of storied teams with 0-2 records.

"This test will be different than any he's had," Carr said. "But I can guarantee you that he's not intimidated."

Carr declined to confirm Saturday's ABC-TV report that Michigan trainer Paul Schmidt said Henne had a lower-leg injury.

The senior struggled in his first 1½ games as the Wolverines opened with two losses at home for the first time since 1959.

Henne was 12-of-23 for 172 yards with a touchdown and an interception, a pass that sailed into double coverage on the opening drive against Oregon. In the opener, he was 19-of-37 for 233 yards with a score and an interception in Appalachian State territory.

Henne connected with Adrian Arrington late in the first quarter against Oregon, giving Michigan a 7-3 lead and tying a school record. It was the senior quarterback's 72nd touchdown pass, tying John Navarre.

Mallett started the second half and threw an interception midway through the third quarter. He finished with six completions in 17 attempts for 49 yards.

The freshman from Texarkana, Texas enrolled at Michigan in January and participated in spring practice.

"That helps a lot," offensive tackle Jake Long said. "It's kind of like he's a redshirt freshman."

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Sh*t this might help Michigan.. I don't know who is more over rated ...him or the team...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Henne or not I think Michigan rolls with ease. This will be one of the few times I lay the 7+ points on a fav this season.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Stay away from this game, this game is just going to be ugly.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

No doubt this be ugly looker, but I just don't see ND putting up more than 7-10 points. Their offense is just that piss poor. Michigan will get theirs against that below average defense and should roll by atleast 14 imo.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Final Score:
    ND:10 Mich: 27
    I have no play on this one though.