goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

big ten wins 10 of 11 games

and michigan is the one to fail to do it's part.....again.....

a couple ugly wins but a win is a win

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Wisconsin struggling in a home game against one of the 10 worst teams in the nation with a backup qb for UNLV should tell you all you need to know about fading UW during the B10 season this year....

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Wisconsin struggling in a home game against one of the 10 worst teams in the nation with a backup qb for UNLV should tell you all you need to know about fading UW during the B10 season this year....
    I agree with the fading Wisky commment but that was a road game. Just wish the Boilers got the opportunity to play 'em this year.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac View Post
    I agree with the fading Wisky commment but that was a road game. Just wish the Boilers got the opportunity to play 'em this year.
    Trust me, it was a home game.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Wassymac

I'm sure there was a pile of Wisky red there but playing in Vegas is a bit different than Camp Randall.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I'm sure there was a pile of Wisky red there but playing in Vegas is a bit different than Camp Randall.

Well the stadium holds 40,000 or so....30,000+ fans were Wisconsin fans. UNLV has one of the weakest home field advantages....I would say it was pretty much a home game for them....unofficially that is.

Wassymac

Well the stadium holds 40,000 or so....30,000+ fans were Wisconsin fans. UNLV has one of the weakest home field advantages....I would say it was pretty much a home game for them....unofficially that is.
    That's what I figured as those fans seem to travel everywhere but didn't catch that in the first post. I have no clue why I'd defend those jokers anyway and wish I would have begun fading them yesterday.

jaffers
    jaffers's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you think that was a home game you are ridiculous. Yes there were a ton a badger fans there but playing in 100 degree heat in the middle of the desert at night is nothing similiar to playing in camp randall... the badgers should fair well in big ten play... it seems to me though that these big tens teams are having trouble mostly with spread teams. The more athletes they face that are running these systems the uglier the score.(see michigan /oregon or ohio st/ florida). I am just happy though the badgers won the game as it seems that unlv has had there number in the past. their basketball team got knocked out by em this year in the tourney and i beleive the last nonconference camp randalll loss came at the hands of unlv. At any rate the win counts the same as any other. Seems like Penn St. is playing the best ball in the bg ten though at the moment

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

BIG TEN is a slow conference. I can't stress that enough.

goldengoat

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    BIG TEN is a slow conference. I can't stress that enough.
    you're a hater

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jaffers View Post
    If you think that was a home game you are ridiculous. Yes there were a ton a badger fans there but playing in 100 degree heat in the middle of the desert at night is nothing similiar to playing in camp randall... the badgers should fair well in big ten play... it seems to me though that these big tens teams are having trouble mostly with spread teams. The more athletes they face that are running these systems the uglier the score.(see michigan /oregon or ohio st/ florida). I am just happy though the badgers won the game as it seems that unlv has had there number in the past. their basketball team got knocked out by em this year in the tourney and i beleive the last nonconference camp randalll loss came at the hands of unlv. At any rate the win counts the same as any other. Seems like Penn St. is playing the best ball in the bg ten though at the moment

UW is arguably the most overrated team in football this year and their basketball team was the most overrated as well. This team is major fade material.

For them to be trailing in the 4th quarter against one of the worst teams in the country playing with their backup qb in a friendly environment tells you all you need to know about how overrated this team is. This is the same UNLV team that had their hands full with Utah St. It was all smoke and mirrors last year and this year they will be exposed just like the basketball team.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by goldengoat View Post
    you're a hater
    So am I... That conference SUCKS!! This stat means nothing because they all played teams much worse except Michigan.. They played a team much better... Michigan and Notre Dame are sooo over rated and as OL says.. I can't stress that enough...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I've never seen the conference in such bad shape. The conference use to be all about running straight up the middle and good defense (now currently the SEC) but now the Big Ten has abandoned that in favor of ariel attacks. The defenses have tumbled as well. Could be some time before before they get back to their winning ways.

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    So am I... That conference SUCKS!! This stat means nothing because they all played teams much worse except Michigan.. They played a team much better... Michigan and Notre Dame are sooo over rated and as OL says.. I can't stress that enough...

Ditto for me. Ohio State 3-2 at Halftime and only scoring 20 total. Wisconsin barely beating UNLV. And those are the top teams in the Conference. Maybe Purdue is the best team, we will see.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Hell, Indiana is 2-0. Maybe they are the best team.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Hell, Indiana is 2-0. Maybe they are the best team.
    IU has improved, but they won't win no more than 6, their just riding on emotion from losing their coach.

jaffers

not really here to defend the big ten... i would agree the conference is down abit lately just look at conference record in bowl games last year it was atrocious... it seems like the big ten and the acc are the most overated conferences in college football...
    i am not so sure though that whisky is great fade material but fade away... if by smoking mirrors you mean the longest winning streak in the nation then i guess you might want to put the pot down and step away from the mirror... last year's badger team won games with a good defense and a balanced offense... are they overated this year? yeah i would say a they are overated some but where do you put a team that beat everyone in front of em including the SEC's arkansas... and then this year return a ton of players... i think the badgers are a top ten team based on last years play and now being undefeated so far this year... i am not sure how you could drop them any lower than where they are based on what they have done.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

UW is barely a top 25 team and that is being generous. They will lose 3 or 4 conference games this year easy. They got dominated by Arkansas last year and were very fortunate to win that game....if it was not for some terrible coaching by Houston Nutt they would have lost by 10-14. Do yourself a favor and revist that box score between UW/ARK. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=270010275

When you outrush a team by 227 yards, win the time of possession battle, win the turnover battle, have more sacks than the other team, and lose the game outright that is a major eye opener.

They've beat basically nobody and have beat up on very bad teams during a very very poor stretch of big ten play. The top 2 teams in that conference last year got annihiliated in their bowl games. Anyone who is halfway sharp knows that UW is major fade material this year.....

jaffers

You might say the more disciplined team won that game... Arkansas saw had 12 penalties for 123 yards... or you could say the team that had a better 3rd down conversion rate won that game... or maybe it was a battle of punters and the team that was coached well enough to capitalize on field position won that game or really what happened was the team that scores the most points won that game... it happens some times like that... you play worse that day but still score more points and you win because the other team beats themselves... and good teams win those games and don't let those teams that shoot themselves in the foot off the hook. I am not saying the badgers are world beaters by any means but you saying they basically beat nobody is wrong because THEY BEAT ARKANSAS! and based on last year and this years start they are ranked where they should be. point blank...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I strongly disagree with your assessment of the UW football program....my guess is you either (1) grew up or live in Wisconsin (2) UW-Madison alumni or (3) both (4) probably thought the UW basketball team was underrated and not getting enough attention from the national media.

Why don't we just bump up this thread the first week of decemeber and see who is right....

goldengoat

true, the big ten did have a lousy bowl record last year but luckily they had a couple SEC teams to get their only 2 wins over

jaffers

What do you mean see who is right? The badgers may lose 3 or 4 games this year. I never said differently. I am just saying until they do lose they are ranked where they should be. What you think they should drop in the rankings because they beat the teams they played?... I am not very smart but when a team beats the teams they play against they shouldn't drop in the rankings. This is a decent football team with some growing to do. It wouldn't surprise me if they lose to Iowa, at Penn St. and at Ohio st. However until they do lose "They are who we thought they were." Not underated and not overated.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Football rankings are for amateurs....the sharp guys know who the overrated teams are and UW is certainly one of those teams.

Not sure if you realize but UNLV is one of the 10 worst teams in the country and playing with a backup QB and UW was trailing with just a few minutes left to go in that game. That to me tells you all you need to know about this team. Just like Iowa struggled with Syracuse last year and escaped and look how their season turned out. UW in for a struggle in the mediocre Big Ten this year.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Big Ten sucks.. Not one of their teams belong in the top 10.

jaffers

[QUOTE=BuddyBear;339985]UW is barely a top 25 team and that is being generous.

You started the rankings discussion here not I.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

The whole bcs rankings system is stupid anyway we need a playoff that will really tell us who is the best.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybdyb View Post
    The whole bcs rankings system is stupid anyway we need a playoff that will really tell us who is the best.
    I couldn't agree any more with that statement sir. The problem is that we will never see one though, because there is not enough money to be made for the schools.

IWishIWasRich
    IWishIWasRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe the big ten will win BOTH of the bowl games they get into this season...

indianachris
    indianachris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    IU has improved, but they won't win no more than 6, their just riding on emotion from losing their coach.

They will win 4-5 in a row and then lose the rest of the games. Just like every year.