shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Dr. Bob's picks are unnecessary...

We do have pag's plays to look forward to, don't we?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The point of knowing Dr. Bob's plays is to time your bets, not to follow them. I'm glad I bet Cincy early.

shrax4

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The point of knowing Dr. Bob's plays is to time your bets, not to follow them. I'm glad I bet Cincy early.
    How would timing affect my bets at all?

LT Profits

Because the good doctor moves lines. So if you know his plays and you agree, you bet ASAP. If you disagree, you wait while "Bob Nation" sends it in on his play, then bet your play at the last minute.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Because the good doctor moves lines. So if you know his plays and you agree, you bet ASAP. If you disagree, you wait while "Bob Nation" sends it in on his play, then bet your play at the last minute.
    you'd be better off, just betting his plays

shrax4

Thanks.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

i really don't understand the premise of this strategy, nor the practicality of implementing it.

Are you saying you should 'cap' every game and pick a side, then play before/after Bob's every pick accordingly? Or are you saying you should compile a list of "strong" plays and if any match up with Bob, play early/late? You're either leaving yourself way too open, or narrowing yourself to a very small number of plays.

Why wouldn't you just play his picks or ignore them altogether? Trying to "time" his line moves "on the fly" based on your own subpar and inferior analysis (compared to Bob historically) would just make things more complicated, and of course, less profitable.
    Last edited by Hoja Verdes; 09-06-07 at 10:30 PM.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

shrax,

thanks for the compliment...I've got respect for Dr. Bob and also Dave Cokin, about the only two touts I can say that about...thanks again...

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    =Trying to "time" his line moves "on the fly" based on your own subpar and inferior analysis (compared to Bob historically) would just make things more complicated, and of course, less profitable.
    HUH?

I am a documented 59% in CFB over the last seven years. What are you? And my record is pure won/lost record, not on a Star Basis like Bob does.

Now to answer your question, I handicap all the games and usually have all my games picked out by Wednesday night. Those are my plays period, and whether or not Bob picks the same games for or against, they will not change unless there is a key injury late in the week.

Where Bob DOES come in is that if he happens to be on a same side as me, I bet the game as soon as I can if I haven't bet it already. If he picks against me and I have not bet the game yet, then I wait until the last minute knowing I will get a better line. Not complicated at all. If I have a play he has no play on, he is out of the equatiion completely and I use normal factors to judge which way I think line will go, just like I do for all sports.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 09-07-07 at 09:11 AM.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

HUH?

I am a documented 59% in CFB over the last seven years. What are you? And my record is pure won/lost record, not on a Star Basis like Bob does.

Now to answer your question, I handicap all the games and usually have all my games picked out by Wednesday night. Those are my plays period, and whether or not Bob picks the same games for or against, they will not change unless there is a key injury late in the week.

Where Bob DOES come in is that if he happens to be on a same side as me, I bet the game as soon as I can if I haven't bet it already. If he picks against me and I have not bet the game yet, then I wait until the last minute knowing I will get a better line. Not complicated at all. If I have a play he has no play on, he is out of the equatiion completely and I use normal factors to judge which way I think line will go, just like I do for all sports.
    My apologies, in rereading my post I see that it came across the wrong way. I wasn't insinuating that you personally were inferior/subpar, I was just saying that historically, none of us have done as well as Bob. But if you say you have, and especially if it's 'documented,' then I'll certainly give you the benefit of the doubt.

Do you post all your plays here on SBR or any other 'independent' site where they can be verified, even if right at/after kickoff so as to take care of your customers?

LT Profits

Hoja,

I sent you a PM and am about to send you another one as I just realized as I type this that I left something out. LOL