BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Are we going to see the Dr. Bob line moves this Thursday

If so, what games do you think he will be on?

Cardfan
    Cardfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

has his picks been posted yet?

BuddyBear
    Update your status

He comes out with them on Thursday around 12:00 if I remember correctly. Last week we would see volatile line moves of 2 to 3 to 4 pts on games. People started becoming paranoid toward the middle of the season last fall over which games he would release.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

It seems like he took San Jose State every week last year.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I like SJST this week but still considering it....

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who is Dr bob and where does he post the picks? Are they free or you have to pay?

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    Who is Dr bob and where does he post the picks? Are they free or you have to pay?
    He's in the sports advisory business. He is considered one of the more reputable individuals in the industry and has an impressive track record. He has a statistics background and uses it to make his picks. Last year his selections which were released Thursday's swung the line in those games 2-4 pts. He was wildly successful last year hitting a documented 60%+. There are a lot of nervous people tonight awaiting to see what games he may or may not select.

You have to pay for his services but his picks will eventually be posted on various gaming forums.....but by then it is usually too late.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

moneyplays

I've always questioned things like this and it reminds me of a pyramid scheme. If they are so 'good' at picking winners then they wouldn't need to sell the picks. They would just bet it themselves... I guess the arguement to that is they use your money to bet and still win. WHATEVER !

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dr.Bob is a proven winner and anyone who has paid for his picks and wagered properly is very happy.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Isn't G&J posting his plays as syndicate plays this year?

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Isn't G&J posting his plays as syndicate plays this year?
    What does that mean?

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    I've always questioned things like this and it reminds me of a pyramid scheme. If they are so 'good' at picking winners then they wouldn't need to sell the picks. They would just bet it themselves... I guess the arguement to that is they use your money to bet and still win. WHATEVER !

Bet and win will require big bankroll to ride through variance. If you got 1-2 bad weeks you'll go on TILT and can't get anything going. On other side if you prove that you're long term winner and sell you picks that's easy $ and stress free as long as you know your picks better than 55%.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

the way I see it is that if you haven't played a game that Dr. Bob ends up being on, you are basically screwed...what I mean is that if you like the side he takes, you will get a really crappy line...and if you like the other side, you may end up being to scared to bet it...

buddy, text me tomorrow when he comes out with his picks...thanks...

Cardfan
    Cardfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd say if the lines move as a result of his picks, that the books subscribe as well. You will probably be lucky to bet his picks before the line moves.

moneyplays

Well depending on how much the line moves it might be in your favor to bet the opposite. I haven't done the math I'm sure its situational, game to game.

I have a feeling the books don't really give a sh1t about his picks. Isn't there concern just trying to keep even money across both sides of the bet? I dunno they seem pretty arrogant.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Had 14 games last week were lines moved at least 2 points from open to close. 7-7 not much of a trend there.

Is this Dr.Bob the same Dr. that was part of syndicate with the Walters guy in Vegas?

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Interesting thread... I find it suspect that one person (or group of people which is usually the case for tout services) could really move a line four points. Personally, I like the idea of betting my own picks and if I am wrong, I can only blame myself and learn from it. I think I am the only one on this forum on BYU this weekend. Hope Dr Bob likes the Cougs!!

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Had 14 games last week were lines moved at least 2 points from open to close. 7-7 not much of a trend there.

Is this Dr.Bob the same Dr. that was part of syndicate with the Walters guy in Vegas?
    is that 7-7 vs both open and close --- did moves make a difference in any of those 14 games?

nope - not the same guy

pokernut9999

In 7 of them they did. LOL

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Interesting thread... I find it suspect that one person (or group of people which is usually the case for tout services) could really move a line four points. Personally, I like the idea of betting my own picks and if I am wrong, I can only blame myself and learn from it. I think I am the only one on this forum on BYU this weekend. Hope Dr Bob likes the Cougs!!
    There is a link here somewhere about the Walters group that moved lines everywhere. They bet all across country moving lines. They would bet say a large amount on a game to get rumors started and line would move big. They then bet on other team getting huge line advantage. Maybe someone here will post that link.

pokernut9999

Goggle Billy Walters and go the story of his gambling group and see how one group can move lines.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    He's in the sports advisory business. He is considered one of the more reputable individuals in the industry and has an impressive track record. He has a statistics background and uses it to make his picks. Last year his selections which were released Thursday's swung the line in those games 2-4 pts. He was wildly successful last year hitting a documented 60%+. There are a lot of nervous people tonight awaiting to see what games he may or may not select.

You have to pay for his services but his picks will eventually be posted on various gaming forums.....but by then it is usually too late.
    actually dr bob only ended up at 53% last season. (58% in college, 47% nfl) -- he usually does much better

crackerjack

I wasn't saying a group couldn't move a line betting it. I am just skeptical of someone releasing picks only to see the line move four points because a respected capper predicted one side. I certainly understand that the so-called syndicates can put enough money on one side to move a spread a field goal or more...

White_Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    actually dr bob only ended up at 53% last season. (58% in college, 47% nfl) -- he usually does much better

I'll take that 58% anytime. Since I only play 5% juice 58% still nice +EV.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by White_Tiger View Post
    I'll take that 58% anytime. Since I only play 5% juice 58% still nice +EV.

so, you play at worse than -110?

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    I wasn't saying a group couldn't move a line betting it. I am just skeptical of someone releasing picks only to see the line move four points because a respected capper predicted one side. I certainly understand that the so-called syndicates can put enough money on one side to move a spread a field goal or more...
    I find it suspect that one person (or group of people which is usually the case for tout services) could really move a line four points.

Sounds like you said that ??

White_Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    so, you play at worse than -110?
    I play at my local bookie this year and all the juice is flat 5%.
    lay 105 to win 100. pay everyweek and they gave me 5k credit much better than stuck my $ online and can't even getout sometimes.

pegasis0066
    pegasis0066's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you haven't already seen it, here is a WSJ article about Dr. Bob: http://online.wsj.com/public/article..._20070112.html

pokernut9999

Good stuff there

crackerjack

Great article...thanks for the link

I humbly stand corrected. I guess I am more naive about this stuff than I thought...

White_Tiger

wow very nice stats he got there. Thanks for the link

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did any lines move?

moneyplays

Nope. They did not move at all.

crackerjack

Perhaps he is in a slump and his customers are no longer slamming his picks...

12 Last